Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

DC5

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2009, 09:19 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC5

I'm seriously considering moving to a Honda Integra Type-R (DC5 version). I've looked at Autotrader and Pistonheads but am unsure as to the cars available. I've heard some bad things about some of the commercial importers selling on those sites and wondered if anyone has a view about the best way to source one of these ?

I'm looking for the lowest mileage/latest reg, so looking at the face lifted versions (05 onwards ?). Prefer Black but would consider any colour provided its low mileage and in tip top condition.

Any ideas ?
Old 12 April 2009, 10:05 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Litchfield Imports?
Old 12 April 2009, 10:33 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Not many of the facelift cars around We've got one though

TX.
Old 12 April 2009, 11:55 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Honda Integra Type R Owners Website should have some in the for sale section

Also avoid Keighley trade centre!!!
Old 13 April 2009, 12:26 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Andy @ 200bhpcars is very well known to bring in clean cars... my friend has actually bought a couple of cars off him, one being a Facelift DC5 in Black and it was a brilliant car.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 13 April 2009, 08:58 AM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

We got ours from Distinctive Cars York and have no complaints.
Old 13 April 2009, 10:55 AM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fabioso
I'm seriously considering moving to a Honda Integra Type-R (DC5 version). I've looked at Autotrader and Pistonheads but am unsure as to the cars available. I've heard some bad things about some of the commercial importers selling on those sites and wondered if anyone has a view about the best way to source one of these ?

I'm looking for the lowest mileage/latest reg, so looking at the face lifted versions (05 onwards ?). Prefer Black but would consider any colour provided its low mileage and in tip top condition.

Any ideas ?
had both a dc5 and dc2 and the dc5 is very slow compared to my impreza and even the dc2 to a point as well as being not as sharp as the dc2.You probally have test driven one,but if you havnt give it a few drives before buying.Look on Integra Type R Forum for lots of information.Many dc2 owners bought dc5s and were disapointed.Infact the guy that bought my dc2,sold his tuned dc5 to buy it...

Trending Topics

Old 13 April 2009, 11:48 AM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies guys. I previously owned a DC2 which is why I was looking at the DC5 now as DC2's are going to be at least 9 years old now

I haven't yet test driven a DC5 although I have driven a Civic EP3 which I understand is a similar kind of power with the DC5 Teg being better handling. Is this about right ? I'm coming from a pretty slow hatchback so in terms of straight line speed I don't I will be disappointed.

The fly in the ointment is the price of a Hawk Eye STi Scoob . For 2/3k more I can get a younger lower mileage car which is another level in terms of performance......but with higher associated running costs.

Have to get a couple of days off work and try to do some back to back testing me thinks.....
Old 13 April 2009, 03:40 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I've owned both & don't agree with that fella. The DC2 is smaller, lighter & has less BHP albeit that it comes in with a bang at 6200rpm (ish); the DC5 carries a bit more weight, has more BHP & the vtec change over is less noticeable albeit still there. The DC2 probably feels faster just cos the vtec kicks a lot harder ...

Two different cars IMHO both of which are awesome.

Don't know what Scoob you have but if it's running less than 300bhp I can't see the DC5 being "very slow" in comparison

TX.

Originally Posted by andrew jeffs
had both a dc5 and dc2 and the dc5 is very slow compared to my impreza and even the dc2 to a point as well as being not as sharp as the dc2.You probally have test driven one,but if you havnt give it a few drives before buying.Look on Integra Type R Forum for lots of information.Many dc2 owners bought dc5s and were disapointed.Infact the guy that bought my dc2,sold his tuned dc5 to buy it...
Old 13 April 2009, 03:53 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

DC2 - Honda Integra | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | evo

DC5 - Honda Integra Type-R | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo

To quote Evo Mag:

"All things considered, the R is faster, better looking and better handling than ever"

TX.
Old 13 April 2009, 05:07 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew jeffs
had both a dc5 and dc2 and the dc5 is very slow compared to my impreza and even the dc2 to a point as well as being not as sharp as the dc2.
What kind of impreza have you got that its very slow in comparison to? Ours is slow compared to my 325 bhp classic (not much that isnt), but its not too bad at all compared to my blobeye WRX PPP.

Everyone accepts that its not the hardcore experience of the DC2, but its still a fantastic drive.
Old 14 April 2009, 12:10 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Just spent the morning in the DC5 & can confirm that it is a rapid car compared to 99% of cars on the road. It's certainly not slow vs a Scoob let alone very slow. AJ above must have owned a fecked one to say that ...

TX.
Old 14 April 2009, 06:05 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

They respond to breathing mods well add a Kpro ecu into the equation and you have a very capable car!