Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Cheap royal mail vans

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2008, 03:24 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap royal mail vans

I am after the above as someone has told me that a place in the team valley gateshead has loads of ex royal mail vans for cheap. Does anyone know what this company is called.
Old 28 December 2008, 07:47 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

You must be mad, we hammer the hell out of them all day long. I have NEVER seen a fleet of vans as knackard as ours. Most of them are shot to pieces before we even get them, as all the vehicles that Royal Mail buy are ones that have failed quality control, as they get them cheaper. They also don't take out warranties as they have their own workshops, which are full of monkey mechanics. Ours often come back worse than when they left!
Old 28 December 2008, 10:17 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Billgtt
You must be mad, we hammer the hell out of them all day long. I have NEVER seen a fleet of vans as knackard as ours. Most of them are shot to pieces before we even get them, as all the vehicles that Royal Mail buy are ones that have failed quality control, as they get them cheaper. They also don't take out warranties as they have their own workshops, which are full of monkey mechanics. Ours often come back worse than when they left!
Sound like cop cars, but with red paint
Old 28 December 2008, 11:00 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Billgtt
I take it you work for the royal mail? I have never heard about them failing quality control when new . I have also been informed that these vans have full service history.
Old 28 December 2008, 11:20 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimpreza
I take it you work for the royal mail? I have never heard about them failing quality control when new . I have also been informed that these vans have full service history.
I have an ex royal mail Pug Partner 1999 is mechanically sound much better than I expected it to be
Old 28 December 2008, 11:48 PM
pitcha44
Scooby Regular

thay are well maintaned but they get the sh*t raged out of them as we have deadlines to meet when collecting mail. i was the lucky one to get a brand new corsa combi 4miles on the clock and for the next 3hours it was hiting the red line in every gear i had to brake it in
then i got the fiat thingy thing that was new aswell and again it was red lineing.
Old 29 December 2008, 11:47 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pitcha44
thay are well maintaned but they get the sh*t raged out of them as we have deadlines to meet when collecting mail. i was the lucky one to get a brand new corsa combi 4miles on the clock and for the next 3hours it was hiting the red line in every gear i had to brake it in
then i got the fiat thingy thing that was new aswell and again it was red lineing.
And that's just one reason why the Royal Mail is losing money

5t.
Old 29 December 2008, 01:10 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimpreza
Yep, i'm a postman and I drive the vans all morning, every day. Several managers have told me that they get the vehicles that have failed quality control. They all fail on different things, some as small as a bit of interior trim has broken off.

They do all have full service history, but it's all carried our by our own "mechanics".

We've got about 25-30 vans in our place (Combo's and Transit Connects), and if any get to 10k miles without being totally knackard, then they deserve to be stuck in a museum! The Combo I was using this morning is less than a year old, and it's got 7k on the clock. Half the interior panels have fallen off. It takes an age to get it to start from cold. It chucks clouds of smoke out of the back whenever you start it. The suspension clonks, clunks, and pulls you all over the road, and the gearbox is shot. Most importantly though, only one speaker works on the stereo! That's classed as one of the better vans
Old 29 December 2008, 02:05 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO@bill
Old 29 December 2008, 02:13 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Don't know if it will be any use to you but i saw this place linked on another thread

They seem to have a few ex parcel force vans etc

Used Trucks, Used HGV's, Leavesley Trucks in Staffordshire, Midlands from Leavesley-International.com
Old 30 December 2008, 11:54 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

i was at a light commercial auction in leeds - manhiem, quite a few dotted about! a load of rm and bt vans went through. the rm stuff was shagged, where the bt stuff was generally quite tidy with low milage. cut out the middle man and go to the auction

Manheim Auctions – Officially Britain’s Number One Car & Van Auction Centre

stevie

Last edited by stevie boy; 30 December 2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 30 December 2008, 11:56 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go to the auctions.
Old 31 December 2008, 01:05 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Sound like cop cars, but with red paint
Was thinking that too, especiallly the Merc Sprinter vans, they have armoured plates bolted to them which adds extra weight to the doors, but they donn't strenthen the hinges so they are permenantly f*&%$d