Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Merc C220 CDI

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2008, 09:34 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Merc C220 CDI

My dad bought a used Merc C220 CDI 2 months ago [MY56] . It had 8k miles on it, 1 owner and full service history. [apparantly].

This week the dashboard has indicated that it needs a service and the car has now covered 9k. Looking in the service book there are no stamps other than the one when it left the factory, new.

My dad has contacted the service dept, who have told him that it should have been serviced at 12months or 15k miles.

My dad has since been back intouch with the used car dept where he bought the car, who advised him that it doesn't require periodic servicing, it's just based on the individual car therefore that's why my dad's car was not serviced.

Can anyone confirm when a C220 CDI should be serviced?

Thanks
Old 22 October 2008, 10:14 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Well it's not FSH then..................

Didn't your Dad check this when buying?

Ask here:

MBClub Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited by fatherpierre; 22 October 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 23 October 2008, 10:45 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

AFAIK all mercs have a service computer now, which will tell you when its due, if you do lots of short trips it might flag a service a lot sooner than if you do longer trips. Our BMW is the same, we tend to get about 16 months out of it before it needs a service. Could be wrong though.
Old 23 October 2008, 12:51 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Well after a few more phone calls...........

The used car manager at Mercedes that sold him the car has stated that the car only requires servicing as and when the dash indicates and as it is low mileage thaat's why it has not been serviced yet.

Mercedes Benz Uk state that the car should be serviced regardless every 12months or 15k miles.

Someone is telling fibs
Old 23 October 2008, 04:26 PM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice car.

I have bought an "04" plate for commute - 530 miles from 1 tank of diseasle!

My local main dealer confirms you should go by the service indicator on the dash.

Mid life crisis has arrived.
Old 26 October 2008, 11:22 AM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
Well after a few more phone calls...........

The used car manager at Mercedes that sold him the car has stated that the car only requires servicing as and when the dash indicates and as it is low mileage thaat's why it has not been serviced yet.

Mercedes Benz Uk state that the car should be serviced regardless every 12months or 15k miles.

Someone is telling fibs
Mercedes tried to get the dealers to revert to standarised servicing due to people ignoring service warnings on dash and to get a higher flow of customers through the service departments. However, this generally did not get done and the system was left as was - and the service reminder should either have started flashing at approx 12-14K or 16-18k dependant on buid date of that specific year (the servicing interval changed) or more importantly in this case about 500 days from last service (1.5 years)
I worked for MB Glasgow for 10 years up until last year, so this info is accurate.