Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Opinions - Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 and CZT

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2008, 10:10 AM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions - Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 and CZT

Have seen a number of the 1.5 Sport and turbo CZT models for decent money recently (actualy, more of the turbos) so was wondering what they were like. Most of the reviews think they are OK, but not exactly quick or particularly involving to drive - but what about real world people?

I think they look pretty smart in a small super-mini-ish kinda way, and the CZT especially (with the bigger wheels and fairly subtle bodykit)

Anyone with any experience of these?
Old 18 July 2008, 05:24 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Engine Good, Performance acceptable, the rest of the car I'd throw away, infact I did just that. Had a Colt, despised it after a few weeks and sold it. Admittedly I had the 1.5 DI-D which despite weighing 200 kgs less than my old Fabia vRS, and having 70hp less also managed to be less economical.....I'm not the only one to have suffered that. The 1.5 Turbo in the CZT is a strong engine and can be tuned to an easy 190-200hp. But the rest of the car, is just plain awful.
Old 18 July 2008, 06:13 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reffro
Engine Good, Performance acceptable, the rest of the car I'd throw away, infact I did just that. Had a Colt, despised it after a few weeks and sold it. Admittedly I had the 1.5 DI-D which despite weighing 200 kgs less than my old Fabia vRS, and having 70hp less also managed to be less economical.....I'm not the only one to have suffered that. The 1.5 Turbo in the CZT is a strong engine and can be tuned to an easy 190-200hp. But the rest of the car, is just plain awful.
Oh dear! Was the Fabia that much better then?
Old 18 July 2008, 07:14 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I used to work at a Volvo/Mitsubishi dealership and it would be safe to say that I know a thing or two about the colt. I have driven pretty much all the models. The colt, where to start, the czt is a good car, good performance, handling is OK for a tall vehicle, but the worst thing about the colt and not just the czt is the awful driving position. You just cannot get comfortable however you adjust the seat or steering wheel for rake....oh and I hope you like your cheap plastics, as there is a lot of it.