Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Focus ST 'Puma build'..?

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2007, 10:28 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Focus ST 'Puma build'..?

Anyone had any experience of this Co and their mods..?
Old 23 March 2007, 10:50 PM
sandyRS16i
Scooby Regular

they are the best in the business for modding new duratec fords. theri knowledge of doing the pumas, fiests St, focus RS and focus ST is unmatched TBH. i'd only recommend them or GGR to do work on a focus ST......just look on any ford forum or ask on Passion Ford
Old 23 March 2007, 10:52 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

I had a Fiesta Zetec S 5 or so years ago when I was 18 and contacted them about various mods they offered.
They knew their stuff but the prices were high if I remember correctly.
I ended up using Pumaspeed because they were cheaper and closer to me and was always happy with the work they did. At the time, it was run from a guys garage at his home (Pumaspeed I mean) but it now looks like he's got some proper premises. May be worth a look as an alternative.
Old 24 March 2007, 06:18 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

pumaspeed are now based on an industrial estate at the other end of wakey
Old 24 March 2007, 07:21 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Pumabuild are also currently building a Focus ST with Performance Ford magazine from a bare shell,and it looks like it is going to have a stunning spec list.............i don't know what sort of power they are trying to achieve,but they had 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brakes planned,which have just been upgraded to 8 pot fronts and 6 pot rears,which along with everything else they also have planned it really should be an awesome car.

I am sure that either Pumaspeed or Pumabuild will do the business on an ST and both companies have demo vehicles so you can drive what your cash will get you,always good IMO!!
Old 24 March 2007, 08:21 PM
davecweed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
Pumabuild are also currently building a Focus ST with Performance Ford magazine from a bare shell,and it looks like it is going to have a stunning spec list.............i don't know what sort of power they are trying to achieve,but they had 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brakes planned,which have just been upgraded to 8 pot fronts and 6 pot rears,which along with everything else they also have planned it really should be an awesome car.

I am sure that either Pumaspeed or Pumabuild will do the business on an ST and both companies have demo vehicles so you can drive what your cash will get you,always good IMO!!
power wise, it wont take anymore than 380bhp, above that the clylinder liners start cracking(too thin), seen it already on quite a few s60r's
Old 25 March 2007, 02:35 PM
al-g
Scooby Regular

Had my Focus ST in there for a intercooler and full exhaust last year. No problems but it was a fairly simple job, gave a decent price and service was good.

Although he did fluff another ST up on the same day when playing with their ecu. Had to swap the clocks and ecu from his demo so the lad could get home. It was a saturday and couldn't get any codes from a dealer. But thats the only thing i've heard of things not going as planned.
Old 25 March 2007, 05:36 PM
Minitrue
BANNED

Location: The Ministry of Truth. War is Peace: Freedom is Slavery: Ignorance is Strength

Originally Posted by davecweed
power wise, it wont take anymore than 380bhp, above that the clylinder liners start cracking(too thin), seen it already on quite a few s60r's
If you can put 380bhp (and whatever torque that equates to) down through one/two wheels (depending on how much the lsd locks), then I will eat my Arai!
Old 25 March 2007, 05:53 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I also owned a fiesta zetec-s going back 3-4 years and used them for a big brake conversion.
Very good bunch, would recommend them very highly, would have thrown a lot more cash their way but i just bought a faster car instead
Old 25 March 2007, 10:46 PM
davecweed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Minitrue
If you can put 380bhp (and whatever torque that equates to) down through one/two wheels (depending on how much the lsd locks), then I will eat my Arai!
totally agree with u!
Old 13 June 2007, 07:44 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

I've had some work done by Pumabuild and highly recommend their work and service.