had a ride in an ferrari 360 modena at weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2007, 01:04 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a ride in an ferrari 360 modena at weekend

what a car,

it didnt seem much quicker than j4ckos old fiat coupe 20vt, that was quite a quick car
but you got the impression it had lots and lots in reserve.

i was really impressed how well it was put together, i thought you only have to look at the trim and it would fall off, but that wasnt the case.
also everyone is gawping at you as well, and the noise it makes wow,
what a car.
Old 04 June 2007, 01:08 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

bit of a **** extension and not mega quick, but they are pretty nice, considering its a ferrari lol
Old 04 June 2007, 01:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
also everyone is gawping at you as well
That's half the reason most people buy a Ferrari.

Not me though. Ferrari's are for showoffs.

Me? I'd rather have a bright Orange Gallardo
Old 04 June 2007, 01:22 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Was insured on a 355 for a while.
Got a bit sick of the stares, the flaky interior and the poor build quality but it was a bit of a laugh once the road opened up.

Unless the Fiat was heavily modded, the 360 would utterly pile drive it. Maybe he forgot to rev to the "exciting zone?"
Old 04 June 2007, 01:34 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

believe me it was opened
but the sensation of speed didnt feel that much more different than j4ckos car. i think that fiat he had had been messed about with as well.
overall it was a real thrill
Old 04 June 2007, 04:19 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

I suppose "fast" is subjective. But I fail to understand how a Ferrari which in a straight line is aroud 4.5 secs to 60 and 9.2 secs to 100mph is not termed fast!!!
I have one which is used as a weekend toy (and alternate to my B7 RS4 Audi).
The Ferrari can overtake it after 60 as though the Audi was braking!
On twisty roads in damp conditions the 360 is "challenging " to get the best out of but the noise is intoxicating at medium to high revs and makes my RS4 with Milltek sound tame!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/DSCN0628.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/DSCN0654.jpg
Old 04 June 2007, 04:30 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveMiddleton
I suppose "fast" is subjective. But I fail to understand how a Ferrari which in a straight line is aroud 4.5 secs to 60 and 9.2 secs to 100mph is not termed fast!!!
On twisty roads in damp conditions the 360 is "challenging " to get the best out of but the noise is intoxicating at medium to high revs and makes my RS4 with Milltek sound tame!!!

I think I hate you.
Old 04 June 2007, 05:39 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

I KNOW I hate you
Old 04 June 2007, 05:53 PM
REVOLUTION
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by
[url
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/oilman/Ferrari%20360/DSCN0654.jpg[/url]
Hi

Is this your car?

We know the guy who owned this until earlier this year.

Revolution
Old 04 June 2007, 06:00 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Dave - You complete an utter lucky bar steward.

If the 360 was a 430 or 911T, I'd hate you even more!
Old 04 June 2007, 06:14 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Dave - You complete an utter lucky bar steward.

If the 360 was a 430 or 911T, I'd hate you even more!
Had a GT2 engined 993TT before this two and will revert to a 997TT in a couple of years. Nothing to touch a 911TT in my opinion for all round everything (except space).
Old 04 June 2007, 06:16 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION
Hi

Is this your car?

We know the guy who owned this until earlier this year.

Revolution
I think you knew the guy I bought the registration number from. He had a different 360. My one used to be owned by a guy who had 30 JS on it.
Old 04 June 2007, 06:24 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Had a GT2 engined 993TT before this two and will revert to a 997TT in a couple of years. Nothing to touch a 911TT in my opinion for all round everything (except space).
A lucky man indeed.

Will keep working hard and hopefully be able to play "proper performance cars" in the not too distant future.

997 911T is the absolute peak of perfection IMO.
One of those and a 335d Touring and I'd be sorted for good.
Old 04 June 2007, 06:24 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Dave - you lucky barsteward ! Both cars look awesome. LOL at the RD4 as a daily run-around !
Old 04 June 2007, 06:58 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My FCT was quick (260 bhp) when it was working right (about an hour, once), I had a dice with a Met Blue 360 and it was definitely quicker but took until a ton to pull past, I was giving up anyway (licence !) but was under no illusion that I was about to get mullered. I think what it is that, JM's memory being slightly clouded notwithstanding, the Fiat was quite dramatic when it came on boost and despite what people say, on a dry road very good traction (once I got decent tyres it was, never ever buy Champiro tyres) so very little wheelspin.
Old 04 June 2007, 07:42 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

My lil bro has a 54 plate 360 spider....awesome looking car, but badly flawed in so many ways.....

I disagree that the build quality is good, it is frankly appalling for a car hat cost him £110k!!...the heater barely works, the switches etc feel like a fiats and the engine management light is almost always on, meaning trips to the arrogant dealers are often.....

Thy aint THAT fast either, and you need a road the length of a racetrack to make the most of the rev range.....

Having said that, it is an awesome car in looks and sound alone, the ultimate posing tool,but for the cash better cars can be had....
Old 07 June 2007, 04:18 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

He must have been unlucky - I had a 2000(X) F1 360 for 6 months and it never ever missed a beat... Absolute joy to own and drive.
Shown here with little brother...

Sadly gone but never forgotten
Old 08 June 2007, 12:26 AM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
the switches etc feel like a fiats and the engine management light is almost always on....
Probably because the Fiat switchs come with FIAT ECU's

Fancy that, 100k+ motor with Fiat ecu's

Still love to own one though, as they say, It's what's on the outside that counts
Old 08 June 2007, 05:31 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

I am debating changing my 996TT for a 360.
I have taken a couple out and for sheer performance & point to point ability in the dry the 360 wouldn't see which way my 996TT went and in the wet simply forget it.

But (as I am often reminded) there is more to cars than just sheer pace. The looks & sound of the 360 has the TT licked (though I am a fan of the "butch" looks of the TT with the wide rear I have to say)

So it would be a completely different driving experience, not sure if it would be better or worse. Perhaps there is only one way to find out, I can always go back to a TT in 12 months.

R.
Old 08 June 2007, 09:25 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

I was in a good mood until I read that
Old 08 June 2007, 09:49 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoShamBo
I am debating changing my 996TT for a 360.
I have taken a couple out and for sheer performance & point to point ability in the dry the 360 wouldn't see which way my 996TT went and in the wet simply forget it.

But (as I am often reminded) there is more to cars than just sheer pace. The looks & sound of the 360 has the TT licked (though I am a fan of the "butch" looks of the TT with the wide rear I have to say)

So it would be a completely different driving experience, not sure if it would be better or worse. Perhaps there is only one way to find out, I can always go back to a TT in 12 months.

R.
Totally agree with you. I would say that overall you will be underwhelmed by the 360 in comparison to the TT's out and out performace in a variety of conditions .I fully intend to go back to a Twin Turbo (this time a 997) in a couple of years, as I have owned and loved 5 911's over the years. But have a go at the 360 if you like aural excitement as the engine is just wonderful .I just wanted to have one for a couple of years and get it out of my system.
Old 08 June 2007, 11:52 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

I owned a 360 spider and it handled like a dream, pretty nippy too. Different power delivery to a scoob. I enjoyed it immensely.
Old 09 June 2007, 09:37 AM
shustir
Scooby Regular

I have had a bit of experience with a 355 and a 360 and personally think they are awesome machines. Its just an overload of the visual and auditory senses. Performance is far from lacking but never took it anywhere near its limits as I reached my limits far quicker. Build quality on the 360 isn't bad at all I find them to be pretty well put together, although can agree with the comment about the engine management light being on.

Old 09 June 2007, 09:51 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with you. I would say that overall you will be underwhelmed by the 360 in comparison to the TT's out and out performace in a variety of conditions .I fully intend to go back to a Twin Turbo (this time a 997) in a couple of years, as I have owned and loved 5 911's over the years. But have a go at the 360 if you like aural excitement as the engine is just wonderful .I just wanted to have one for a couple of years and get it out of my system.
Yep, scratch that Ferrari itch, I'm exactly the same, and with good 200/2001 cars with 25k miles on them coming in at mid £50k's they are almost a bargain for what you are getting !
Old 09 June 2007, 06:59 PM
bbigman2000
Scooby Regular

I was very tempted myself chaps, But I think you have just put me off !!

Its a toss up between a new M5 or a second hand 360.

Dave, being equally as far north as me, where do you have the 360 serviced ?
Old 09 June 2007, 11:39 PM
mg driver
Scooby Regular

blimey all this talk of a 360 not being very quick is amazing me ,according to stats i found it does 0-100 in 9.1 seconds while the 911 tt takes 8.9 seconds.Hardly a walkover is it?,unless your talking mid range i spose then the porker will be noticeably quicker?
hell i'd take a 9.1 0-100 anyday ,there aint many cars actually out there on the road that can beat that.
Old 10 June 2007, 10:14 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mg driver
blimey all this talk of a 360 not being very quick is amazing me ,according to stats i found it does 0-100 in 9.1 seconds while the 911 tt takes 8.9 seconds.Hardly a walkover is it?,unless your talking mid range i spose then the porker will be noticeably quicker?
hell i'd take a 9.1 0-100 anyday ,there aint many cars actually out there on the road that can beat that.
MG, its been done on here before, long thread about what feels quick, we decided that anything noisy with a turbo can feel more dramatic than something refined with a nomrally aspirated engine, I suspect the the 360 felt fast by any stretch but in terms of feel it perhaps wasnt in a completely different ball park to a chipped Fiat Coupe Turbo, remember the standard Fiat Coupe did 0-100 in 14.5 seconds anyway so pretty quick, especially considering it was front wheel drive, so once moving when it had been chipped it did feel rapid, the boost coming in was quite dramatic, still a pretty crap car though, well mine was anyway.
Old 11 June 2007, 05:35 AM
2.5RSMatt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
My lil bro has a 54 plate 360 spider....awesome looking car, but badly flawed in so many ways.....

I disagree that the build quality is good, it is frankly appalling for a car hat cost him £110k!!...the heater barely works, the switches etc feel like a fiats and the engine management light is almost always on, meaning trips to the arrogant dealers are often.....

Thy aint THAT fast either, and you need a road the length of a racetrack to make the most of the rev range.....

Having said that, it is an awesome car in looks and sound alone, the ultimate posing tool,but for the cash better cars can be had....
Now does the heater just not work at all or does it take a long time to get up to operating temp? I noticed in my Fathers 360 it takes a fair amount of revving and usage to get the heater to warm up to temp to actually use but it doesn't just never work. I've never felt a fiats switches but I'd hardly say the 360's switches feel cheap. As for the engine light, maybe that's just your brothers car. Fast is a relative term to everyone but I do agree that you need open road to make full use of the rev range. One trivial thing that bugs me about the car is the sticky throttle response under very minimal use trying to drive into a garage.

I personally think the car is an amazing piece of work but I prefer the looks of the older 355 myself.
Old 12 June 2007, 08:42 AM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bbigman2000
I was very tempted myself chaps, But I think you have just put me off !!

Its a toss up between a new M5 or a second hand 360.

Dave, being equally as far north as me, where do you have the 360 serviced ?
Nothing gone wrong yet and not due a service, but as I bought it from Graypaul in Edinburgh I am almost resigned to having them service it.
Old 12 June 2007, 12:52 PM
k.b
Scooby Regular

That isn't strictly true Dave.

One of the ex Graypaul mechanics has set up his own independent garage with another guy(dunno where he worked before),and apparently they have just landed the rio prestige hire company contract too.

something to think about.

MP Supercars if you want to get in contact.

Quick Reply: had a ride in an ferrari 360 modena at weekend