Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Fiesta ST's

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2006, 09:10 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta ST's

Did a search, and no threads on them at all.

Does anyone own one? What are they like?

I'm off for a test drive at the weekend, thinking about one for a 2nd car. I had a 1.25 zetec hire car once and really liked it

Alternatives are an elise (for fun) or a range rover diesel (that I can tow stuff with) Fiesta sounds good as it should cost nothing to run and it'd be nice to have a brand new car.

Dave
Old 02 November 2006, 10:29 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Young lad I work with has a Blue one, with the Gay White stripes !!!

Looks a really nice car. Well built, for what they are. He's never been a boy racer, but he's admitted to "Putting his foot down now".

They aren't the fastest hot hatch. They ain't the best handling hot hatch, but they probably are the best built, although still good fun to drive.

Nice solid car. If your priority isn't to race against 182's or Cooper S's, then they are a very good buy.

He got his Brand new off the Internet. Payed £11,210 including options from `Direct Vehicle supplies`

Hope that helps.
Old 02 November 2006, 11:55 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Well it would be new, so 172's out. Plus driving it i found it twitcy and unsettled. I wouldn't be seen dead driving a 182 (with those exhausts) or a new mini.

None of them are going to perform like my RB anyway so i'd be happy with something brisk and fun.

No stripes over the top for me though!

Having a look on the owners club, they don't seem to have many reliability problems yet which is good

Dave
Old 02 November 2006, 12:07 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

How about a Mitsubishi Colt CZT. 1.5 Turbo can be taken up to 190 BHP for a sub 7 second 0-60. Well built and a good drive.
Old 02 November 2006, 12:13 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

It has to be something that I won't be tempted to mod. Brand new is good as then there is the warrenty to keep me on the straight and narrow
Old 02 November 2006, 12:14 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

I've been asking myself what hot hatch to go for over the past couple of weeks and I've decided to go for the type-r, I like it the most out of all the hot hatches out at the minute. One of those not interest you? I'm not to keen on the fiesta ST's but thats my own opinion!

Carla..
Old 02 November 2006, 12:28 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

What shape type R can you get new these days? don't like the new shape civic.

A mate has one, and there's a few things I don't like about it. I may have to test drive one also though as they are nice

Dave

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2006, 12:32 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5_245
What shape type R can you get new these days? don't like the new shape civic.

A mate has one, and there's a few things I don't like about it. I may have to test drive one also though as they are nice

Dave
Didn't think about the fact you wanted brand new, I think the last plate out of the old shape is the 55, I think!? I really like the type-r, I'm looking for one at the minute.. Not keen on the new civic either!!

Carla..
Old 04 November 2006, 09:41 AM
MTayler
Scooby Regular

The facelifted version ( identified by little bobbles on headlights and new tailights ) is far better than the first version.
The dashboard is also miles better to look at.
I had the first version from new ( get employee discount ) and it was okay but did'nt fulfill all expectations ( hence why I finally bought my Impreza ).
Firstly the suspension, it set quite hard and on long journeys can be a pain the **** as it skips and twitches, great round corners though !.
Secondly the calibration, always founs with mine the throttle ( mainly from cold ) was either on or off so you either bounced up the road or wheelspan merrily.
Did have an updated cal installed via work but did'nt make it much better.
In summary if you want a pocket rocket motor to do short ish runs then this will do the job, if it's longer distances and a less stressful drive then don't go for this.

Oh yes forgot to mention that the throttle stayed wide open on one occassion which kind of shI*'s you up, did come into contact with anything just calmly brought it to a halt and re-started, had it checked out and surprise no fault, spooky .

Hope that helps.

Mark.