what would you have??

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2006, 06:10 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you have??

Not sure if there's a thread on her asking this same question but anyway

I'm just about to turn 21 and its time for a faster car than my mini so as the title says which small hot hatchback would you go for at the minute?

Thanks,
Carla..
Old 10 October 2006, 06:12 PM
dux_2002
Scooby Regular

pulsar gti-r 4wd and roughly 200bhp stock. and i can personally reccommend the sr20-det engine that they use, very reliable and easy to tune.
Old 10 October 2006, 07:53 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

What sort of value you thinking of? £5k, £10k, £15k or more

I really like the R Clio 182 Trophy ... was a limited edition run out model that R did. Suspension apparently cost 10x more than the "normal" 182's & Evo Mag regularly cream themselves over how good they are. One colour only - red. Should get one for £10-12k.

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 10 October 2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10 October 2006, 08:08 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Seat Ibiza FR.. wicked little motor well tuneable too . drop of Revo.. whahaaaayyyyy.... its a scooby slayer
Old 10 October 2006, 08:15 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dux_2002
pulsar gti-r 4wd and roughly 200bhp stock. and i can personally reccommend the sr20-det engine that they use, very reliable and easy to tune.
Engine might be but everything around it aint, mates just sold one after years of financial headaches Civic type-r for me all day long fast reliable and still holding their value pretty well, short of that maybe an integra.
Old 10 October 2006, 08:33 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

I have between 10-12k to spend what do you lot think of the cooper s??
Old 10 October 2006, 08:47 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

what do you want the car for miss gav? and do you like or dislike any particular cars? Come on you could at least tell us what all woman look for in a car and thats what colour you would like . for that money though i think there is better cars out there than the cooper s
Old 10 October 2006, 08:50 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by miss*scoobygav555*
R Clio Trophy it is then

TX.
Old 10 October 2006, 08:54 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
R Clio Trophy it is then

TX.
come on really speakin now you dont want to buy a car thats going to fall apart do you ? oh and when you go to the dealers to get it fixed they will charge you extortionate prices to fix it again!!! good car to drive spoilt by bad build quality, really speakin you wouldn,t want to own one if you dont want to face big repair bills and serious headache,s caused by gettin the bus to work as the car is in the garage AGAIN
Old 10 October 2006, 08:54 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
what do you want the car for miss gav? and do you like or dislike any particular cars? Come on you could at least tell us what all woman look for in a car and thats what colour you would like . for that money though i think there is better cars out there than the cooper s
I want something quicker than the mini I've got now, I don't dislike any cars in particular but I don't want something thats really old or to big!? Of course the colour would be pink!! (joking) I prefer black cars. I test drove the 182 the other night and I wasn't that impressed by the power delivery really, just didn't feel like I thought it would, still a nice car mind!

Just wondering what other people would pick!?

Carla..
Old 10 October 2006, 09:04 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Hi carla
Would you like a brand new car? Are you trading the mini in? If so how much cash and what is the year and spec of you mini?
ste
Old 10 October 2006, 09:14 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Hi carla
Would you like a brand new car? Are you trading the mini in? If so how much cash and what is the year and spec of you mini?
ste
Not bothered about it being brand new, don't think I'd get the type of car i'm looking for brand new anyway. I wouldn't be trading the mini in. My mini is an 05 plate and has only done 8500 miles:

Old 10 October 2006, 09:20 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Audi A3 2.0T FSI SPORT
Old 10 October 2006, 09:25 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Audi A3 2.0T FSI SPORT
what are they like for insurance??
Old 10 October 2006, 09:26 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

right knowin dealers your car is probably going to be priced at about 10-10500 trade in so i would sell private for around 11k+. get this done asap as the new one is due out any minute. If you want a cooper s you would pick up a bargain one once the new shape has come out, i personally wouldn,t have one as i think for the money there not as good as what they should or could be. If you could give me a bit more info on what sort of car you like and what you use the car for then i might be able to help you a bit more!!! whats the size your lookin at for a new car or what would you feel comfortable driving i:e focus size or mondeo size or do you prefer the size you have now? How many miles do you do and what do you use your car for? come on carla give us a bit more info and we might be able to put you in something nice that you,d never even thought about. p.s im gutted for gav as well with his car
ste
Old 10 October 2006, 09:35 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

right knowin dealers your car is probably going to be priced at about 10-10500 trade in so i would sell private for around 11k+. get this done asap as the new one is due out any minute. If you want a cooper s you would pick up a bargain one once the new shape has come out, i personally wouldn,t have one as i think for the money there not as good as what they should or could be. If you could give me a bit more info on what sort of car you like and what you use the car for then i might be able to help you a bit more!!! whats the size your lookin at for a new car or what would you feel comfortable driving i:e focus size or mondeo size or do you prefer the size you have now? How many miles do you do and what do you use your car for? come on carla give us a bit more info and we might be able to put you in something nice that you,d never even thought about. p.s im gutted for gav as well with his car
ste
I was just asking what people like!!

I don't like big cars, prefer something focus sized, I only do about 8k a year and I use my car for going to work and nipping to the shops!

I'd love to have gav's car (not whilst its broke ) but without the group 20 insurance group!! I love his car to bits but couldn't afford the insurance, his car is my ideal car!!

Any ideas now??
Carla..

p.s I'm absolutely gutted too!! At least it's not a wrote off!
Old 10 October 2006, 09:42 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

what are they like for insurance??
Well my 17yr old brother is getting the non-turbo 2.0 model and at just 18 with no NCB its gonna cost him 3.5 grand fully comp. Insurance for a 21 yr old female should be relatively cheap.
Old 10 October 2006, 09:42 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Well why dont you spend about 7k on a bugeye (they are the best just ask me and pete higham) and spend the rest on insurance and mods? you might be suprised how much you can get insurance for!!!!!!!! if its what you want just get it afterall your only 21 and it wont be long till your married with a mortgage and kids . if your just after opinions my dad has just got a fiesta ST and its bloody great.
Old 10 October 2006, 09:51 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Well why dont you spend about 7k on a bugeye (they are the best just ask me and pete higham) and spend the rest on insurance and mods? you might be suprised how much you can get insurance for!!!!!!!! if its what you want just get it afterall your only 21 and it wont be long till your married with a mortgage and kids . if your just after opinions my dad has just got a fiesta ST and its bloody great.
..Would love to get one but I just can't justify spending that much over a grand on insurance, would prefer to wait!! When gav was 21 (long time ago now ) and he got his classic, not sure if you remember it!? well anyway he payed £1800 for insurance

I looked at the ST but the power and handling isn't suppose to be that great!? not sure haven't driven one but two of gav's mates who are brothers have the clio 182 and the other the ST and they both said the clio was better for power and handling!?

If you can think of anything else i'm open to ideas..
Carla..
Old 10 October 2006, 10:03 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

the clio is a rawer car (dont think i spelt that right) but the ST is more usable as an every day car. the audi mentioned before is a fantastic car but the insurance is going to hit you (group 15 , the same as the cooper s) . how about a hyundai coupe which is a very capable car and the lady,s seem to like it and its insurance friendly. the cooper s is insurance group 15 so have you had a qoute on this?
Old 10 October 2006, 10:09 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

miss scooby cant you be a named driver under gav with directline so you can keep building up your NCB?

My litle brothers GF is insured on her dads merc c-class for only £800 and shes 17 with 0 NCB.

I thought women got **** cheap insurance!
Old 10 October 2006, 10:14 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

the clio is a rawer car (dont think i spelt that right) but the ST is more usable as an every day car. the audi mentioned before is a fantastic car but the insurance is going to hit you (group 15 , the same as the cooper s) . how about a hyundai coupe which is a very capable car and the lady,s seem to like it and its insurance friendly. the cooper s is insurance group 15 so have you had a qoute on this?
I can go up to an insurance group 16 without it going over a grand, the clio is a 16. Wouldn't buy a Hyundai if you gave me the money to buy it!! Can't think of what other hot hatches are out at the moment!?!?

I could be a named driver on his car but it would be pointless because I'd never get to drive it, its his baby!!

Carla..
Old 10 October 2006, 10:17 PM
dux_2002
Scooby Regular

Old 10 October 2006, 10:17 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want power and speed in a small package, I'd recommend a Toyota Starlet/Glanza. 1.3 turbocharged, imported from Japan many with extensive modifications to suspension, brakes and engine boosting power to around 200-250bhp in a car weighing around 950KG!!
Old 10 October 2006, 10:20 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dux_2002
nice but expensive to buy!
Old 10 October 2006, 10:21 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

shes a lady whose been driving a premium vehicle. I dont think she will go for some 15yr old budget hot hatch after having the mini and then bothering too modify the rust bucket so that it will be undriveable for everyday activities and about reliable as north koreas word!
Old 10 October 2006, 10:22 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

I can go up to an insurance group 16 without it going over a grand, the clio is a 16. Wouldn't buy a Hyundai if you gave me the money to buy it!! Can't think of what other hot hatches are out at the moment!?!?

I could be a named driver on his car but it would be pointless because I'd never get to drive it, its his baby!!

Carla..
wild shot with the hyundai what about the celica? i really do believe there is a way to put you in a scoob for less than a grand insurance, have you not spoke to a-plan or other insurance company,s.
Old 10 October 2006, 10:23 PM
dux_2002
Scooby Regular

my uncle has the rs4, and with the new rs4 coming out, its pushed all of the prices of older models down, a 52 plate rs4 is now only about £25-30k, s4 is about £10-£20k and the s3 should fall into the same bracket. i woulnd of thought it would be difficult to pick one up for your money
Old 10 October 2006, 10:24 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Old 10 October 2006, 10:25 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
shes a lady whose been driving a premium vehicle. I dont think she will go for some 15yr old budget hot hatch after having the mini and then bothering too modify the rust bucket so that it will be undriveable for everyday activities and about reliable as north koreas word!
which car you on about ? the clio?
if you check out hyundai,s recent record the last few years they are now buildin cars at a very suprisingly high quality. the germans have actually admitted to havin to play catch up to them