Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Seat Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2006, 11:30 AM
Stu_M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Just wondering if anyone on here has one of these, we've been looking for a diesel of some sort lately to compliment the Teg, that has a bit of performance to it, decent looks and obviously good economy as will be doing a fair few miles a year, this has stood out from quite a lot of bland looking diesel motors as been pretty nice sporty looking car, good std equipment and also comes with the 160ps VW Tdi engine which has a mountain of torque, and in a reasonably light car goes quite well. Been offered a pretty good deal on a new one, so was wondering if anyone on here has any ownership experiences, MPG figures etc. Also looked at the near identical looking 130PS FR which is also quite interesting, (any FR owners here?) and didn't seem to be a massive performance difference, although the Cupra we drove only had 80 miles on it. Any comments or other suggestions circa 10-14k, must be low mileage if a 2nd hand option.

Thanks
Old 06 October 2006, 10:48 PM
Vtec-Abuser
Scooby Regular

My mum has one mate and it is a nice motor in all fairness.. It goes well, whilst remaining good MPG.. Ticks all the boxes you're after too..
I would go for the Cupra over the FR IMO.. Plus with £400 spent on a remap (like my mates), you're looking at over 200 brake and mid 14 sec 1/4 mile times.. Your ITR would need to be looking over it's shoulder, lets say that..
Old 06 October 2006, 10:50 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stu_M
Just wondering if anyone on here has one of these, we've been looking for a diesel of some sort lately to compliment the Teg, that has a bit of performance to it, decent looks and obviously good economy as will be doing a fair few miles a year, this has stood out from quite a lot of bland looking diesel motors as been pretty nice sporty looking car, good std equipment and also comes with the 160ps VW Tdi engine which has a mountain of torque, and in a reasonably light car goes quite well. Been offered a pretty good deal on a new one, so was wondering if anyone on here has any ownership experiences, MPG figures etc. Also looked at the near identical looking 130PS FR which is also quite interesting, (any FR owners here?) and didn't seem to be a massive performance difference, although the Cupra we drove only had 80 miles on it. Any comments or other suggestions circa 10-14k, must be low mileage if a 2nd hand option.

Thanks
get yourself on www.seatcupra.net theres a search facility should answer most if not all of your questions.. good choice though
Old 07 October 2006, 08:41 PM
Rokerlad
Scooby Regular

The 160bhp TDi Ibiza FR is a much overlooked car when compared with the Skoda Fabia 130. Ibiza every time for me
Old 07 October 2006, 09:31 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

I hired a standard deisel Ibeza when I was over in Spain last summer, it was a great car in all ways, I imagine the TDi to be superb, I'd buy one
Old 07 October 2006, 11:42 PM
Ibiza FR
Scooby Newbie

Can you guess that I've got one!!

Love it. I do a 70 mile round trip to work and back, half of my journey is on the motorway. Lots of torque, speed and economy (though that depends on how you drive

Still has plenty of acceleration in 6th at about 80mph. The ride can seem a bit bumpy at times but again, I guess it depends on how fast you drive on particular roads. That's about my only gripe with it.

Fuel economy is really good if driven well - approximately 55-60 mpg on the motorway at a speed of between 75-80 mph.

Mines an 04, bog standard. I had to replace my beloved VTR as I needed something a bit more economical. I really, really wanted a Scooby but I'd need to remortgage my house to afford the fuel

I think the FR is a 130. Don't think they do a 160, that could be the Cupra or a Leon. FR is Group 7 for insurance.

As previously mentioned, go on www.seatcupra.net/forums - loads of info on there and lots of helpful advice if you ask (I know 'cos I'm a member )

When my job moves nearer home - guess what I'll be buying !!!!

Hope this is of help
Old 07 October 2006, 11:57 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

sounds like Ibiza FR knows what he's talking about.. knows a good 'site;' when he see's one mentioned too *cough* www.seatcupra.net *cough*

Old 10 October 2006, 05:37 PM
Stu_M
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the info guys, so a Cupra Tdi it is