Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

New BMW Warranty..........

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2006, 02:46 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BMW Warranty..........

I have just got the paperwork in for the renewal of my X5 warranty.

£894 for the pleasure of having to pay £100 every time I want to make a warrantly claim FFS! plus a list of things no longer covered.

I bought the car a year ago safe in the knowledge that BMW had an excellent warranty policy and that I would be able to renew it giving piece of mind. But all that has been taken away.........

Do I have a leg to stand on if I try and fight them on this.....I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew the warranty terms were going to change a few months later...........
Old 29 June 2006, 03:45 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Join the club buddy. I have an M3 ( done over 60k miles ), £1800 for the warranty, and the pleasure of £250 for each claim !

Hence why lots of M3's are dropping their value.

BMW out sourced the warranty to an insurance company, hence the insurance like manner it is now. I think they had too, some sort of of ruling came in, not sure. Therefore, you cant fight it !

Do what I did, a month before my warranty ended, I had £4K 's worth of work done under the old warranty. New vanos, diff, a/c, brakes, etc etc.

Now, as I have no warrant,y I dont have to use my local BMW dealer. I found them a complete lload of tossers, up their own **** and painful to deal with. Independants / myself for servicing now !

SBK

Last edited by Simon K; 29 June 2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 29 June 2006, 03:48 PM
wbm3
Scooby Regular

330Ci coupe : BMW quote: £608 with an excess of £100
Warranty Direct £402.98 with an excess of £25

M Power : BMW quote approx £1200
Warranty Direct approx £800

01225 709009

Look here:-

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/sho...page=1&fpart=1
Old 29 June 2006, 04:07 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hail-hail
I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew the warranty terms were going to change a few months later...........
If you can really prove the above, then in theory you might win. But given the size of their legal dept etc I think you'd find that somewhere between difficult and impossible. If you've bought a £30k+ car, and the warranty has gone up from ?400 to 900pa, you're saying an extra £500pa would have made all the difference to your purchasing decision. If you can't prove that difference with something like an expenses spreadsheet, I doubt they'd believe you. It may have made you hesitate longer before signing, but, objectively, I'd find it difficult to believe it would have made you decide for something else instead.

Others will be along with more practical suggestions like kicking up a "lack of customer loyalty" stink instead.
Old 29 June 2006, 04:28 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew the warranty terms were going to change a few months later...........
So you bought the car with only a few months warranty? Why didn't you either extend it at the time or (better) get them to chuck in 12/24/36 months warranty with the purchase.

My wife's 320Cd has the 5-year TLC thing (servicing, warranty, consumables all included except tyres). Maybe because they're offering that now they feel they can degrade the standard warranty?
Old 29 June 2006, 05:59 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl
So you bought the car with only a few months warranty? Why didn't you either extend it at the time or (better) get them to chuck in 12/24/36 months warranty with the purchase.

My wife's 320Cd has the 5-year TLC thing (servicing, warranty, consumables all included except tyres). Maybe because they're offering that now they feel they can degrade the standard warranty?
I'm being a bit unclear, I bought the car a year ago, 2nd hand from a BMW dealer, hence a 1 year warranty that is now due up.
They changed thier policy on warranty on Feb 06. They still honoured the full year at the original warranty conditions, as you would expect.

My issue is that when I bought, one of the main selling points for me, and I made this clear to the dealer, was the I would able to renew the warranty after my inital year was up.

OK, I can still renew the warranty, and i'll even except the £900 price tag, but my beef is the £100 xs per claim and the reduced cover.
Old 29 June 2006, 06:03 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wbm3
330Ci coupe : BMW quote: £608 with an excess of £100
Warranty Direct £402.98 with an excess of £25

M Power : BMW quote approx £1200
Warranty Direct approx £800

01225 709009

Look here:-

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/sho...page=1&fpart=1
Warranty Direct quoted me £800 + £25 per claim for the X5, probably because it's the 4.4 petrol.

The guy on the phone told me it was essentially the same as the old BWM main dealer warranty before they made the recent changes. (albeit they wont cover memory seat fixes)

Is this to beleived, I get a strange sweaty feeling when talking about 3rd party warranty companies.

anyone had any experience of Warranty Direct.

Trending Topics

Old 29 June 2006, 07:53 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

anyone had any experience of Warranty Direct.
Yep, got them to pay out for something (I forget what, it was electrical though) on my wife's old Saxo.