Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

So... What cars nailed you when you were flat out in your scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2006, 01:55 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking So... What cars nailed you when you were flat out in your scooby?

I had a MY00 UK turbo + PPP + full scoobysport + induction and it wasn't until I owned a 'fast' car that I appreciated how fast some cars really are.

'Cool' cars that trounced me in the scoob include...

Vanquish
3 lanes at the traffic lights into 2. when the lights go green, i lit the tyres down the clear dual carriageway. i was going to pull into the left lane and there was the Aston on my left and the driver was having a calm chat with his missus!

A pipe smoking driver in an XK8 convertible comfortably eased past me on the A322 as i was flat out.

I worked for BMW at the time and countless M coups and M3s kicked my ar$e.

I didn't get too many hot hatches having a go, so can't remember those.

bhp per dollar scoobs are pretty good, but they're certainly not all that.

so who's comprehensively bested your scoob (past or present), ahem, on a private bit of road??
Old 16 February 2006, 01:58 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Following a 911 Turbo, in germany, I was in a MY02 full remap & decat. I thought I was the man so planted myself on his bumper.

At 120 he was pulling away like I was standing still, then he was gone and I never did catch up!!
Old 16 February 2006, 02:04 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

talking of porkers, i did have a 'ufo' moment on a back road from lightwater to weybridge. a pair of round headlights on my boot. whatever i did, they stayed the same distance off my boot.

after about 5 miles, we get to a roundabout and i turn left and he turns right.

it was a black 911 Carrera 4. not sure if it was a turbo - probably wouldn't have mattered, but I really did try to shake it!
Old 16 February 2006, 02:16 PM
Rabid
BANNED

996 Carrera 2. Thought I'd pulled a stroke on him in my old classic turbo as I sidled upto some lights at a dual carriageway as he sat there waiting for them to change. I was still moving slightly, car in first as they changed. So I nailed it and left him for dust........for about 6 seconds or so at which point he flew past.
I presume he'd been looking in his mirror because I saw his car launch in my mirror and he did it pretty well.
Nice one!
Old 16 February 2006, 02:18 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Should have put most impressive in a 'fair fight' was a D10 Alpina which also monstered me.
Old 16 February 2006, 02:23 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this a 993/996 etc. I looked to buy a 993 Carrera 4 but decided against it as my Type R went much better after testing 993. I guess yours must have been a turbo!

Graham

Originally Posted by ChefDude
talking of porkers, i did have a 'ufo' moment on a back road from lightwater to weybridge. a pair of round headlights on my boot. whatever i did, they stayed the same distance off my boot.

after about 5 miles, we get to a roundabout and i turn left and he turns right.

it was a black 911 Carrera 4. not sure if it was a turbo - probably wouldn't have mattered, but I really did try to shake it!
Old 16 February 2006, 02:29 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Andy F in his scooby
Old 16 February 2006, 02:58 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

not sure if the porker was a turbo or not, but let's face it, a bloody good driver in a lesser car would have stayed on my bumper.

If i could take corners in my scoob as well as i could in the subsequent honda civic i owned, i'd have been invinsible in the twisties it became an art form to maintain speed round a bend in the honda lol
Old 16 February 2006, 03:28 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

A 996 carrera 4S last week.

Left him and managed to outbrake him coming onto a roundabout, he then performed one of the most dangerous Maneuvers i have ever seen to get past me.

A very very quick car, but he drove like a d*** so i admitted defeat and let him go
Old 16 February 2006, 04:28 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

An M5, last shape, but like The Chief, the bloke driving it was a bell end, and risked killing drivers coming the other way to keep away from me. Was fecking rapid though, and sounded great.

I don't tend to attempt to race people in general - too dangerous. That said, an R1 annihilated me up a dual carriageway a year or so back, from about 80mph!
Old 16 February 2006, 04:43 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
An M5, last shape, but like The Chief, the bloke driving it was a bell end, and risked killing drivers coming the other way to keep away from me. Was fecking rapid though, and sounded great.

I don't tend to attempt to race people in general - too dangerous. That said, an R1 annihilated me up a dual carriageway a year or so back, from about 80mph!

Agreed save the racing for the track
Old 16 February 2006, 06:10 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

The fq300 on that police program last night done a fair job of leaving the coppers Impreza

Myself, an e36 m3 evo went past my wrx wagon (on full chat) like I was in reverse.
Old 16 February 2006, 06:34 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I was in a mates classic WRX (280bhp) and he pulled onto a duel carriageway behind an RS6.

My mate went to overtake, then the RS6 just took off like a rocket and left the scoob for dead!! Far more convincing that I wouldve expected as the scoob isnt exactly slow.
Old 16 February 2006, 09:29 PM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nevetas
Following a 911 Turbo, in germany, I was in a MY02 full remap & decat. I thought I was the man so planted myself on his bumper.

At 120 he was pulling away like I was standing still, then he was gone and I never did catch up!!

So that is why you got one and then another one.......but even they weren't good enuff

Chris
Old 16 February 2006, 09:50 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

No one has ever beaten me !!!

Rob
Old 16 February 2006, 09:57 PM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Agreed. A healthy 911 with a ballsy driver will kick the **** of any scooby on any type of dry road . The 911's true weakness is maybe on a long wet steep downhill corner with serious negative camber - and when the rear end starts to rise up and outwards and he knows he simply can not brake or throttle down any 911 driver will sh*t his pants at speed on that kind of bend...ask me how I know
Old 16 February 2006, 10:05 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

A few years back...making progess through traffic down to Le Mans.(ahhh N137) in a std. UK MY95 in company with about 5/6 other 200ish bhp cars. Knocking off a few cars at a time overtaking.

A nice whale tail 911 Turbo and an M5 did the lot of us in one hit. The M5 was 4 up and I could clearly (but briefly) see the rear seat passengers chatting away to each other like they were sat in 20mph bus on the way to the shops.
Old 16 February 2006, 10:28 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Went to overtake an Audi S8 once in my UK Turbo, the bloke laughed at me and disappeared into the distance.

Coming back from Heathrow in my P1 a year or so later, came up behind an Audi RS6 - same deal.
Old 16 February 2006, 10:32 PM
Andy W STI
Scooby Regular

M5
John Felstead's westfield
Old 16 February 2006, 10:38 PM
stevo261072
Scooby Newbie

my cousin has the holden gts 5.7 v8 but with a supercharger wacked on it putting out 510bhp. needless to say he kicks my *** everytime we are on the same stretch of tarmac. his *** is grass til 60/70 and then its whoosh and hes gone. how embarassing been overtaken by a steroid pumped vauxhall. lol
Old 16 February 2006, 11:01 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

TVR Cerbera.. i knew the were fast but **** me..
Old 17 February 2006, 08:27 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by flynnstudio
Agreed. A healthy 911 with a ballsy driver will kick the **** of any scooby on any type of dry road .
Utter rubbish.

There are plenty of production Scoobs that will wipe the **** of a healthy 911 on any type of dry road.

And I don't mean this from a how can a Scoob be beaten...

...I have owned both over the past few years.

I now have a Spec C which in production trim has done the 'Ring in 7m 59s. Which is certainly faster than normally aspirated 996s, only the GT3 and TT are faster. 997s are quicker, they are now about the same pace.

Also my 993 and its contemporary STi V were an exact match for each other up to 100 and on a track the STi V performed extremely well against 911s on a 911 track day - the only cars doing better were TTs and a fabulous 993 RS.

Bottom line is that there are lots of different types of Scoobs and lots of different types of 911s. Some are faster than others, some not.
Old 17 February 2006, 09:00 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Andy W STI
John Felstead's westfield
We just don't hear stories like those anymore....
Old 17 February 2006, 10:03 AM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Pagani Zonda.

He then annihilated an R1 and a Fireblade.

He was a bit quick
Old 17 February 2006, 10:12 AM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

H plate Corrado. Don't know what was in it, never managed to catch him. I wake up in the middle of the night with visions of it getting smaller and smaller and smaller......................the Corrado I mean
Old 17 February 2006, 10:51 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if I should own up to this one as it's embarassing but true.

Just after leaving Billing Aquadome a couple of years ago I had a Nova behind me, trying to push me to go a 'bit faster'. Exiting a round about onto a duel carriageway I 'nailed' it and pulled away from him. After about 5 seconds he was behind me!!!!! I pulled left and he flew by.

I stopped for fuel 2 mile down the road and he was there refueling too. Had a chat with him, full credit to the lad, he built it himself - 2.0 redtop turbo engine from a cav. running about 340-360bhp, all in a 800kg roller skate. Was very gracious about passing me - admitted he had to back off in the corner due to under steer.

G
Old 17 February 2006, 11:11 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Not sure if I should own up to this one as it's embarassing but true.
Originally Posted by gpssti4
running about 340-360bhp, all in a 800kg roller skate. Was very gracious about passing me - admitted he had to back off in the corner due to under steer.

G
Your not really embarrassed though are you ??

Where are the stories that everyone is forgetting / not admitting to? All this talk of 911's, and RS6's etc and a 450 bhp / tonne Nova .

I have seen scobbies get beaten by a Saxo VTS, I myself pushed the odd Classic out of the way before now in my Volvo T5, and even upset the odd bug / blob sti in my Diesel fabia........

Come on, fess up!!!
Old 17 February 2006, 11:15 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

i think it was a merc sl or slk 350 amg. a small 2 seater.
i pulled onto a dual carriageway floored it, and out of nowhere came this outrageous cacaphony of sound as this little merc rocketed past. mental
ps. i wasnt really trying mind
Old 17 February 2006, 12:14 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

One of the members on this board was out recently in his modded MY02 Bugeye and had his ar#e kicked by and Alfa 147 GTA, he even called me to ask what the hell was under the bonnet of the thing.

It was around 60 MPH onwards up to and past the legal limit the Alfa pulled along side waited and then left him in his wake.
Old 17 February 2006, 02:00 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

I was cruising along the M9 in the early hours of a Sunday morning, sitting at a nice steady 70ish on cruise, when I saw lights coming up fast behind me. WHOOSH! Something passed me - I don't know what, but suspect it was some form of Japanese exotica. He must have been doing in excess of 150

I briefly considered giving chase, but with a top whack of 146 there wouldn't have been much point Not that I would indulge in such behaviour anyway

Quick Reply: So... What cars nailed you when you were flat out in your scooby?