Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

hyundai coupe any good?

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2006, 11:11 AM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyundai coupe any good?

Thinking about getting a newish Hyundai coupe as our everyday car. It will be the 2lt as we do do a fair few miles.

Has anybody had one, anything go wrong on them?
Oh and how guttless are they?
Old 23 January 2006, 11:29 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

It would do as a daily car if you got a good value one. I think they are largely reliable with good dealer support, but far from sporty, handling is suspect etc. My mum has a 2.0 and it is ok - due to a low kerb weight i think it does a sub 9 sec 0-60 and may hit 130 mph.
Old 23 January 2006, 11:47 AM
Coupe-Se
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Champion
Thinking about getting a newish Hyundai coupe as our everyday car. It will be the 2lt as we do do a fair few miles.

Has anybody had one, anything go wrong on them?
Oh and how guttless are they?

I owned a 52 plate SE version for a year and was a fantastic car. The only reason I got rid of it was someone kindly re-arranging the rear end of it at a roundabout. Its the only car I look back on and think I'd like to get another.
The only problem with the car over 15k of driving was the alarm going off intermittently.

The 2.0ltr engine is'nt lighting quick but could hussle the car along at a decent pace. I found the handling to be excellent and there was very little difference between it and my mates 52 plate Celica.

Another friend had an STI and even though the Coupe was no where near as quick or handled as well ............... I could keep in touch with him on our cross country journeys just about.

The Coupe was alot easier to live with than the WRX I had and did'nt get the negative attention the WRX did.

Great cars in my experience and will look at one again when the next generation comes out