Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

mitshubisi fto

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2006, 08:30 PM
golf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mitshubisi fto

does anyone know anything about these cars am they anygood how do they rate against a scooby
Old 18 January 2006, 09:07 PM
mg driver
Scooby Regular

i wonder how long it will be before someone mentions wet twisties,like that even makes any difference to the average driver anyway which i suspect we all are.
Old 18 January 2006, 09:16 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

They handle pretty well and probably one of the best front drivers,....in grand turismo4.
Old 18 January 2006, 10:37 PM
Franx2
Scooby Regular

Location: Known as 'Franx' before my password stopped working....
Talking

Originally Posted by jonc
They handle pretty well and probably one of the best front drivers,....in grand turismo4.
But they're smaller than a scoob, and not half as quick. I think the 0-60 is in the 7 second bracket. They did a few variations, but I believe the one to have is the 2L V6 (which is the vast majority of them anyway).

I thought about one, but decided my Almera was better value More practical as well, as the boot on an FTO's a bit on the pokey side...
Old 18 January 2006, 11:05 PM
Eckmcmann
Scooby Regular

imho fto's are no comparison mate they have the looks of a porsche, with the performance of a 1.8 vectra but if its for looks, then they are nice cars
Old 18 January 2006, 11:10 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

i believe fto has a model called GP Version R??? which is 97 facelift, has been told its got 190bhp?? the GPX with mivec has got 180bhp
Old 18 January 2006, 11:53 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Would be great if it came with a 200 shot of Nos as standard
Old 19 January 2006, 12:32 PM
halfpint
Scooby Regular

The fto comes with 3 different engines,a 1.8 138 bhp 4 pot(gs),a 170/180 (depending on year) 2.0 litre v6 (gr/gx) and the 200 bhp mivec (gpx/gpvr),Thats 100 bhp per litre folks without the aid of a turbo.....not many prod cars that deliver that. It's in a completely different class to the scoob so you can't really compare,but in it's class (ITR,Celica,Prelude etc) It's definately one of the best. And as for being as fast as a 1.8 vectra......well that just shows that you read the back of Max Power My gpx will do the qtr mile in 14.8 which ain't bad for a non turbo fwd car.
The boot is also very good for a 2dr coupe.......miles bigger than the tt supra for a start.

Take a look on www.ftooc.org for more info,so you don't get put off by people who 'think' they know about the car.
Old 19 January 2006, 05:04 PM
bigdavegtt
Scooby Newbie

I have a FTO GPX and my bro has a import WRX both 1995 models and these are my findings, The Scooby is faster, 0-60 with its initial grip is much better, we have tested both and got 5.3 in the scooby and 6.8 in the GPX, closer matched with a rolling start. The scooby does look dated when parked next to the FTO, the interior of the FTO is much nicer, the dash hugs you and feels very sporty.

Not alot more to say, most other things have been covered, both very good handling cars, although the scooby is more useful in the snow!! lol

And i guess you can keep the scooby when you have a family as there is plenty of room inside

Cheers

Dave
Old 19 January 2006, 09:57 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have one and thought it was a great car. Very realible, much better looking than a scooby and prices are decent on parts.

Although I now have a scooby I still sometimes miss the FTO.

The scooby and fto are totally different cars though, so I don't see the point in comparing the two unless I'm missing something
Old 19 January 2006, 10:01 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Franx2
But they're smaller than a scoob, and not half as quick. I think the 0-60 is in the 7 second bracket. They did a few variations, but I believe the one to have is the 2L V6 (which is the vast majority of them anyway).

I thought about one, but decided my Almera was better value More practical as well, as the boot on an FTO's a bit on the pokey side...
Almera or a sexy looking FTO hmm what a tough decision
Old 19 January 2006, 10:06 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

not great but are ok, id have a 98 integra type r anyday, faster and handle better
Old 19 January 2006, 10:08 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
not great but are ok, id have a 98 integra type r anyday, faster and handle better
So I take it to say the above you have done a comparison between the two? I mean by driving both?

Last edited by ScoobLou; 19 January 2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 19 January 2006, 10:10 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
So I take it to say the above you have done a comparison between the two?
yup, cousin has one past 2 year, 2.0litre gpx mivec manual, i had a nice 98 integra type r with slight mods, not sure of stats now but i can tell u, the integra does handle better and does pull better too.nice cars the fto but a bit cramped in the cockpit!!
Old 19 January 2006, 10:12 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

yup, cousin has one past 2 year, 2.0litre gpx mivec manual, i had a nice 98 integra type r with slight mods, not sure of stats now but i can tell u, the integra does handle better and does pull better too.nice cars the fto but a bit cramped in the cockpit!!
Ok fair enough, just checking you wean't one of those scoobynetters who just make random remarks on cars they have never driven lol

I've never driven an Integra Type R so I can't comment on them but have heard they handle very well.
Old 19 January 2006, 10:14 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
Ok fair enough, just checking you wean't one of those scoobynetters who just make random remarks on cars they have never driven lol

I've never driven an Integra Type R so I can't comment on them but have heard they handle very well.
no i comment on stuff i know
fto is nice but only way to decide for urself is to drive one, i suggest u jump in an integra R too tho, nice grin factor when vtec comes, cold air intake and spoon manifold and exhaust and my god will she roar
Old 19 January 2006, 10:19 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

no i comment on stuff i know
fto is nice but only way to decide for urself is to drive one, i suggest u jump in an integra R too tho, nice grin factor when vtec comes, cold air intake and spoon manifold and exhaust and my god will she roar
Owned an FTO for two years mate, didn't really want to get rid of it but wanted something with some tuning potential so I bought a Chav mobile

I would like to try out an Integra R so if there is anyone with one in the East Anglia area, give me a shout
Old 19 January 2006, 10:22 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Oh and if you do decide to get an FTO please don't buy one with a Veilslag bodykit on, they are just hideous and totally spoil the look of the FTO. IMO of course
Old 20 January 2006, 10:30 AM
bigdavegtt
Scooby Newbie

Not sure i agree on the cramped cockpit, i'm 6'2" and can fit in easily, unlike other jap motors like the RX7.

Never driven a std fto as mine has tein suspension so handles like a dream!! managed to get the porche driver to step out before i did anyway!!!
Old 21 January 2006, 07:07 PM
DarkStar66
Scooby Regular

I had a FTO GPX for two years and the only thing I didn't like was the ride, compared to my WRX it was rather hard. But it depends what roads you use regularly. Exhaust sounded almost as good as a scooby but in a different way.
Old 22 January 2006, 08:41 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DarkStar66
I had a FTO GPX for two years and the only thing I didn't like was the ride, compared to my WRX it was rather hard. But it depends what roads you use regularly. Exhaust sounded almost as good as a scooby but in a different way.
Yeah I had a Mongoose exhaust on mine and it sounded great. The only thing I didn't like was the fact I got a 5" one, so it looked like a chav can, far too big!
Old 23 January 2006, 10:39 AM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

iv got respect for FTO's, my brothers got one an he beat me off the lights in my 02 WRX, guess he is a better driver an knows how to pull away better then me but it was a surprise how quick he can make that car go....
Old 23 January 2006, 01:00 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ~DrEaM~
i believe fto has a model called GP Version R??? which is 97 facelift, has been told its got 190bhp?? the GPX with mivec has got 180bhp
Welcome to the scoobynet world of wrong information.

All 2.0 V6Mivec's produce 197bhp (OOTB).