Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Suzuki Vitara V6 XL7

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2006, 03:28 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Suzuki Vitara V6 XL7

I have just come back from St Lucia where I have spent 3 weeks driving a Suzuki Vitara XL7. I haven't driven a Suzuki since my I sold my 1st car which was a 1.6 'fat boy' Vitara. I didn't expect much though, but was presently surprised by the gutsy engine and smooth auto gearbox. The ride wasn't half bad either. The roads in St Lucia are very poor [http://www.johnnyjet.com/images/PicF...SPOTHOLES.JPG] and not 'that' straight so I was glad to have pretty responsive steering and car like chassis. The air con was excellent, which surprised me as cheaper cars aren't usually that good, but there were separate controls for rows 2 and 3.

I saw around 70 mph, but generally maxed out at about 50 on the straighter roads, so I have no idea what it is like at consistent high speeds, I doubt these cars would work in the UK - I managed on 2 consecutive occasions to average 305 km on 12.6 gallons .

But if your Mrs.' wants a 4x4 and potters around town it isn't a bad buy - and the new shape looks a million times better all for under £15k new [I think].

Last edited by Andy M3; 22 August 2006 at 01:27 PM.