Old 25 October 2001, 10:20 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suzuki Vitara for me.

BMs and Golfs are decent cars, so I grudingly respect them

Not keen on the people who drive Mercs

Volvo 340 drivers usually have point heads

And then there are those that drive 1mm from my exhaust (threads passim)
Old 25 October 2001, 10:33 PM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

I think the Renault Laguna has strangely escaped attention. They all seem to be driven by people who are convinced they're in wacky races, although no-one else seems to have noticed and stereotyped them accordingly Or is it just me?

Dean

The above, of course, is my own generalisation. I don't wish to cause offence to the thousands of sensible/sane Laguna drivers who are no doubt out there, but which I haven't yet encountered

Old 25 October 2001, 11:18 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

fso polenez-oh my god how pants

any suzuki car especially wagon r

fiesta rs turbo-what a lame car

and any car supported by 15 inch tsw stealths

Old 25 October 2001, 11:24 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Anything with a with a Vectra badge.
Old 25 October 2001, 11:25 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

OY! My dad drives a merc, and he's a lovely bloke. I'm quite proud of him, really, he'd been saying he was going to get one forever, and one day he turned up in one! Its always been something he wanted, and if that's what he wants, he can have it.

Personally I hate anyone who drives an ancient astra down my road at 4:00am. Or anyone with a scooter that sounds like it has a lawnmower engine and appears at a similar time!
Old 25 October 2001, 11:28 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Metro's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 26 October 2001, 09:29 AM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Morris Minor
Old 26 October 2001, 10:24 AM
AndrewC
Scooby Regular

Angry

I don't usually reply to threads like this, a little to muppet-ish for me, however, I feel I have to speak up on this one.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SUZUKI - If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have our lovable little Justy!

Also I hate Lagunas, I was once rammed up the chuff quite severely by a Laguna (I sufferred 4 compressed vertebrae and still have restricted rotational neck movement), the guy got out of his Laguna and ran down the road to see how I was (scared me s**tless as I was a bit dazed/concust and this w**kers airbag had left him covered in fresh chalkdust giving him a ghostly appearance) and to tell me how he couldn't believe it had happened again, he'd only just got his car back from the repairers after doing the same thing 2 months ago!

Imagine my joy, when 2 weeks later, I rang my insurance to say I was ready to drive again, and they delivered a brand new - yes you've guessed it - Laguna as a courtesy car!

AAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Luckily we all saw the funny side.

Andrew...
Old 26 October 2001, 10:26 AM
BobaFett
Scooby Regular

Honda Civic's - old square ones especially if they are Red!
Old 26 October 2001, 11:16 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

How come Suzuki make such crap cars, but when it comes to bikes they are the dogs danglies. BMW make dogs dangly cars, but when it comes to bikes read 'Volvo of the bike world'

Surely once they have been designed they can't be that different to build?
Old 26 October 2001, 11:25 AM
LanCat
Scooby Regular

Any car that goes down my street at 4 am with an oversized sound system cranked up so that the lampposts shake. Ba$tards.
Old 26 October 2001, 11:29 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I can't believe no-ones mentioned the 2CV. Surely the worst car to disgrace the road - ever!
Old 26 October 2001, 11:43 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Sorry but the worst car I've ever driven is a Subaru Justy. Even worse than a Suzuki Swift (coz it's got an extremely heavy drivetrain). 70mph comes up at around 4,500rpm.
Old 26 October 2001, 11:49 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Nova Saloon. why?
Old 26 October 2001, 11:59 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

My mum used to have a 1.0L Nova Saloon - truly the worst handling car ever. The slightest hint of a bend and it just ploughed straight on. Made my Mini at the time feel like a Scoob
Old 26 October 2001, 12:47 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Cool

The Justy definitely has to be the worst in the world - carl, I'm surprised you got to 70 - was the wind behind you or were you going downhill?
Old 26 October 2001, 12:49 PM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

How about the truely awfull Fiat 126bis. 2 Cylinder mower engine... aggggghhhhhh
Old 26 October 2001, 01:05 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

Talking

The worst car I have ever driven by a margin was a Morris Ital, absolute pants. The allegro must be in the same league too.

Have to disagree on Morris Minor tho, drove one for years, fantastic car in its way, my Dad's still got it and it's still going strong

Cheers

Simon
Old 26 October 2001, 01:10 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
My old MG metro
Old 26 October 2001, 01:13 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Or even the Lada Riva...?
Was almost killed in one of these once - many years ago a mate of mine had one so three of us pile in it and take a trip to Skeggy for the day. On the way back, the driver, X (I shan't name him) decides to overtake 'slower moving traffic'. We're on a two-lane bit of road, so he pulls out and begins to pass the car in front in the same manner that artics overtake each other on hills. What seems like 5 minutes later, a car appears on the horizon coming towards us. By now, we're about 1/3 of the way past the car. X now hunches down over the steering wheel and plants his right foot to the floor. No change, except the noise in the car increases a bit. Car still coming towards us, I point this out, but X is determined to get past. Last thing I remember is sticking my head between my knees (to kiss my **** goodbye) and saying something that I think was 'oh clucking bell', and a horn blaring at the side of us. When I look up, somehow we've made it in one piece. No idea how, by rights they should have been scraping us off the tarmac.
The next few miles were driven in absolute silence.
Old 26 October 2001, 01:25 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Talking

I can't believe no-ones mentioned the 2CV. Surely the worst car to disgrace the road - ever!
Oh I don't know - depends how seriusly you take them!

I remember my Citroen-mad mechanic mate got one from Paris when we were in college - binned the 602cc engine and mucked around with it until he got the 1300cc engine from a GS into it!

Should have seen the look on the face of the Jag XJS driver that we passed going down the A38 towards Exeter - mate in front hunched over the wheel like Dick Dastardly and me in the back holding the roof on!

Speedo had gone off the end of the KMH clock - I think it read that we were doing about 14 volts!

Ah to be young and foolish again! Not that I've grown old gracefully really!

Steve
Old 26 October 2001, 01:57 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Trouble is a lot of the cars bening mentioned although crap, do have real character, so may even attract owners clubs. What you want is a lame car that no one will miss.

Thats why I standa by my nova saloon. Common or garden nova (not much wrong with that) made really ugly for no reason.

Pointless lame car.
Old 26 October 2001, 02:19 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

True -- I've always been fascinated by the enormous roll angles that you can get a 2CV to do without it falling over. Kind of like a Weeble (they wobble but they don't fall down).
Old 26 October 2001, 02:21 PM
dela
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with Adam about character, I wouldn't give up my MG Metro for anything.

My vote for worst car goes to the Honda Accord Coupe - why?- they bug me every time I see one. I think its the wannabe NSX tail lights that really get my goat. And it costs more than the type-r!

Old 26 October 2001, 02:54 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

...particularly the ones with gold badges. Erk! (A Prelude would be better)
Old 26 October 2001, 03:18 PM
chelsie_uk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well i hate

Reliant robins the three wheeler

chel xxx
Old 26 October 2001, 06:27 PM
GregD
Scooby Regular

Ragged up Nova's driven by baseball-capped, spotty little herberts.. Aaaagghhh! Know Ickle-boy racers have to start somewhere but,,,, seriously, WHY?
Old 26 October 2001, 07:11 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Wink

Because the Nova SR is one of the finest small hatchbacks around. The engine is a sweet reving beastie and the gearing makes for quick dashes to 60 (but not much further). The insurances is actually sensible and parts are cheap. (Yes I started with one)

(ignoring the bonnet scoop crowd) what do must Nova owners do?

Add an exhaust - maybe colour code a few body items, try a few different grills, add a new filter and change the wheels and put a bigger spoiler on. (I'd migrated to a civic Vti and then the scoob before I got this far)

I'm sorry but thats 90% of us on this BBS I've described. There is a great deal of snobbery and patronising that happens on this board simply beacause people start with a more valuable base car. The P1 with its wing, skirts and spoilers is probably the ultimate Max Power car. Thats not changed simply because it leaves a factory tarted up like that.

The nova saloon Adam is describing has none of the redeeming features above. Its whole purpose in lif was to be the slowest ugliest small saloon available, the only thing it excelled in was the size of its boot compared to its price - it was huge.
Old 26 October 2001, 08:43 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Beemer_Deano

"I think the Renault Laguna has strangely escaped attention. They all seem to be driven by people who are convinced they're in wacky races, although no-one else seems to have noticed and stereotyped them accordingly Or is it just me?

Dean

The above, of course, is my own generalisation. I don't wish to cause offence to the thousands of sensible/sane Laguna drivers who are no doubt out there, but which I haven't yet encountered"

AndrewC

" Also I hate Lagunas, I was once rammed up the chuff quite severely by a Laguna (I sufferred 4 compressed vertebrae and still have restricted rotational neck movement), the guy got out of his Laguna and ran down the road to see how I was (scared me s**tless as I was a bit dazed/concust and this w**kers airbag had left him covered in fresh chalkdust giving him a ghostly appearance) and to tell me how he couldn't believe it had happened again, he'd only just got his car back from the repairers after doing the same thing 2 months ago!

Imagine my joy, when 2 weeks later, I rang my insurance to say I was ready to drive again, and they delivered a brand new - yes you've guessed it - Laguna as a courtesy car!"

Now guys, I've NEVER admitted this (not even to my fellow muppets) BUT, can you just possibly guess what car I drive.

Quick Reply: What's your least favourite car?