Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

kia sportage any good?

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2005, 10:44 AM
subevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kia sportage any good?

had a drive in one of these .i was suprised at the looks. the rear end looks similar to a cayenne with twin square exhaust pipes on the diesel.the xs version has leather heated seats .privacy glass ,just about every gadget appart from sat nav for £16000.same spec on a rav 4 is well over £20000.the bigger brother sorento has a great reputation.new model was released on an 05 plate so not many around.anyone got one?as i might buy one as i fancy a change from fast cars .
Old 28 November 2005, 11:03 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Cheaper alternative to RAV/CRV. Same as the Hyundai Tuscon, but the Kia is cheaper, and in a recent comparison I read better than the Hyundai. Having test driven one myself I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. I drove the auto diesel and while it will never win a drag race, its was capable enough, with as you say, all the kit you could ever want included as standard.

I've seen a few on the road now, apart from the front end its OK. One thing though, its stil going to get hammered on the residuals, as Kia reputation hasn't caught up the better quailty of their current products. They are fast improving, but beware of the dealers, I'm not sure they are up to scratch yet.
Old 28 November 2005, 01:47 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I saw one a a car show and was very impressed with the looks,
consider the initial layout as low as it is has to be offset against very poor trade in values