Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are stylish and fairly quick
unfortuntely only Bufty boys and hairdressers drive them
Old 11 September 2005, 10:44 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I had a TT 225 after I sold my classic last year, only owned it 2 months before going back to another scoob, Built quality was excellant, but I didnt think it was all that fast even though it had 225bhp, would hate to see what the 180bhp version would be like, Also dont know why Audi even put back seats in the back, a small child would struggle to fit in them.

Used this site when I had my TT, found it quite useful.

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/
Old 11 September 2005, 11:05 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For a B-road blast, take a scoob.

For motorway cruising, take the TT.
Old 13 September 2005, 01:46 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
I hate quotes like that.
If thats a reason not to have one then I wouldn't have a Boxster either.

Never owned a TT, but would have one.

Lee
Old 13 September 2005, 01:50 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I've driven the stripped out 240bhp TT, and was fairly impressed overall - but found the visibility a problem. The roof is low, and doors are high...

They look great, and hold their money really well - things which Scooby owners can only dream of
Old 13 September 2005, 01:52 PM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Friends have a 225 and a 3.2 variant. I was quite impressed with the pace and handling of the 225. To my surprise it felt quite planted and gave a good shove in the back. The 3.2 sounds lovely, but there isn't much difference in performance and according to them the 225 probably just pips it on handling due to a lighter front end.
Old 13 September 2005, 02:17 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LeeMac
I hate quotes like that.
If thats a reason not to have one then I wouldn't have a Boxster either.

Never owned a TT, but would have one.

Lee
But true though

said in jest my friend, said in jest!
Old 13 September 2005, 02:27 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Seriously though i quite like the looks of the TT and i would imagine they go quite well too, its just they have this (down where i live anyway) pretty boy, hairdresser image just as a Boxster or a BMW has a w**ker label all over it.

The only thing that put me off the TT they seemed really Claustraphobic inside compared to an S3 that i test drove,

Must admit they look good in Black with RS4 wheels.

Lee dont take my comments too seriously mate, i was taking the pee!
Old 13 September 2005, 02:27 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
I think they are stylish and fairly quick
The Chief!

Weren't you one of The Village People?
Old 13 September 2005, 02:28 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mmmiddy
The Chief!

Weren't you one of The Village People?
Well i have a dodgy tache!!!!
Old 13 September 2005, 02:44 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Seriously though i quite like the looks of the TT and i would imagine they go quite well too, its just they have this (down where i live anyway) pretty boy, hairdresser image just as a Boxster or a BMW has a w**ker label all over it.

The only thing that put me off the TT they seemed really Claustraphobic inside compared to an S3 that i test drove,

Must admit they look good in Black with RS4 wheels.

Lee dont take my comments too seriously mate, i was taking the pee!
What is it with you lot on here? Have you ever owned a TT, Boxter,Bmw? You kids seem to think that Subarus are the be all and end all of quick cars! Take a look out there my friend, in the "real world"........( I hate that saying!!!) most of these so called w****ers, hairdressers cars, would stick to a scoobs **** like tics on a sheep without a bit of a problem. How do I know? Because unlike you I have owned and driven most of them. You are living in the past my friends if you honestly believe a standard scoob is the only quick car out there.
dave

Last edited by misty; 13 September 2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 13 September 2005, 02:53 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
What is it with you lot on here? Have you ever owned a TT, Boxter,Bmw? You kids seem to think that Subarus are the be all and end all of quick cars! Take a look out there my friend, in the "real world"........( I hate that saying!!!) most of these so called w****ers, hairdressers cars, would stick to a scoobs **** like tics on a sheep without a bit of a problem. How do I know? Because unlike you I have owned and driven most of them. You are living in the past my friends if you honestly believe a standard scoob is the only quick car out there.
dave
Calm down its only a commercial!!!!

I never said for one minute these people are w**kers, unfortunately a lot of cars get labeled and perhaps unfairly, people do label them sometimes TT,s Boxsters, BMW's because over time they get associated to a certain type of person just like people label Scoob's chav cars sometimes but I for one minute do not believe that a Scoob is the be all and end all, but people on here will defend their Scoob 'cos its called scoobynet if all said and done

If you are a hairdresser please accept my heartfelt apology!!!
Old 13 September 2005, 02:57 PM
Robert Rosario
Scooby Regular

225 is desirable, durable, nimble and handles well, if not fantastically. 180 a bit sluggish, and not been in a 3.2 or the quattro sport, so cant really comment.

I dont like all the gay, hairdressers, pretty boy comments either. Is it so wrong to have a car that girls like and are attracted to, or would you rather have one that boys turn round and stare at?

You go figure.

By the way, I have not got one, but am considering one.

Residuals not as strong as they were, plenty of left hand drive ones now falling into the sub 10K mark, but all round, good cars in my opinion.
Old 13 September 2005, 03:01 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Miaow !! I only asked

Thanks all, didnt really matter what most of you think, the fact that they are great cars, go well & most of all hold there value really means that to anyone they would be a great 2nd car
Old 13 September 2005, 03:03 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Would it be worth getting a LHD just to save a few quid????, the reason i'm asking i know someone who got one for 9k but because it is LHD he is paying a fortune in insurance.
Old 13 September 2005, 03:38 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Me a hairdresser!!!!!!!!! I wish, have you seen how much they charge?
dave
Old 13 September 2005, 03:49 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Me a hairdresser!!!!!!!!! I wish, have you seen how much they charge?
dave
I wont go anymore, i only get upset, when i see all the grey falling on the floor!
Old 13 September 2005, 04:58 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

You are living in the past my friends if you honestly believe a standard scoob is the only quick car out there.
dave
Fair point and well made. A standard scoob is not the be all and end all. But lets face it, there are not many standard ones around. I know my car isn't the quickest thing in the world but I love it to bits.

I've never owned and/or driven an Audi TT but they just don't do it for me, which is why I'd never buy one. Just my opinion.

Ben
Old 13 September 2005, 06:22 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

I wont go anymore, i only get upset, when i see all the grey falling on the floor!
Yeh! But it's worth it for thecheap insurance mate!!!!
dave

Fair point and well made. A standard scoob is not the be all and end all. But lets face it, there are not many standard ones around. I know my car isn't the quickest thing in the world but I love it to bits.

I've never owned and/or driven an Audi TT but they just don't do it for me, which is why I'd never buy one. Just my opinion.
Nor mine mate! At the end of the day they are just a golf 4motion with a fancy body kit!!!!........I wasn't knocking scoobs mate, I've had two a bugeye!!! (which to be very honest was soooooooo sloooooooooww) And a classic with ppp wich was the dogs danglies and I loved every minute with it.
In fact I still have a picture of it take a peep!!
dave

Old 13 September 2005, 07:34 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

Nor mine mate! At the end of the day they are just a golf 4motion with a fancy body kit!!!!........I wasn't knocking scoobs mate, I've had two a bugeye!!! (which to be very honest was soooooooo sloooooooooww) And a classic with ppp wich was the dogs danglies and I loved every minute with it.
In fact I still have a picture of it take a peep!!
dave

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...Picture015.jpg[/QUOTE]

That's a good looking scoobie!

I suppose it's just nice to break the mold of what everyone thinks about scoobie owners. I'm 24, drive an import but I'm no chav! (I may where a baseball hat every now and again though - bad hair days and all that!)

Ben
Old 13 September 2005, 08:53 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

I was left uninsired by a 24 hr test drive of a 225 roadster. Dull engine. Gorgeous interior. OK handling. Around York you just see so many I'd want something a little different Nissan 350Z maybe.?.....Honda S2000?
Old 13 September 2005, 09:26 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
I was left uninsired by a 24 hr test drive of a 225 roadster. Dull engine. Gorgeous interior. OK handling. Around York you just see so many I'd want something a little different Nissan 350Z maybe.?.....Honda S2000?
I test drove an S3 recently which is the same engine and i thought the same, but everyone who i have spoke to says a remap transforms the car,

The Audi TT sportline apparently sharpens up the handling a lot.
Old 13 September 2005, 09:35 PM
Carlos13
Scooby Regular

I had two in the past, a tin top and a roadster. Very nice cars that have had their day IMO. Both mine were chipped, before that I found them to be sluggish. They are no track tool either but will see off most things on the road (but not a Subaru).

Some good guys on the TT forum, though many current owners on there appear to be polishers.
Old 13 September 2005, 09:44 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Mrs Sticks has got a 225 coupe and it's a nice car , not very practical but she managed to get her camping stuff in it when the Scooby's alarm was playing up.Not as fast as the scoob but sticks to the road a lot better I guess because it's a lot lower than my wagon . only needs servicing when it tells you and that works out about every 18k

Dave
Old 13 September 2005, 11:12 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
I've driven the stripped out 240bhp TT, and was fairly impressed overall - but found the visibility a problem. The roof is low, and doors are high...

They look great, and hold their money really well - things which Scooby owners can only dream of
Found the A pillar was to thick for when you are pulling out of junction and theres not much you can see when reversing either.

Paid £15k for my old TT, 2 months later got £15,250, Also I prefer a car that I really enjoy and it depreciate in value, to a car that holds its value and not enjoy it.
Old 13 September 2005, 11:28 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

dave
Unfortunaltly the Audi TT 225, struggles against a standard WRX, and so does the Boxster, the Boxster S is better but to be honest theres not much in it unless its a STi then it would be all over Boxster "S" but these cars are all over £30k new, where's the Subaru is a cheap thrills car and you get what you pay for, The Scooby beats it on handling and pace, but theres more to a car then Performance, and if I didnt need a car with 4 doors and a big boot, I would go back to a 2 seater sports car.

My old TT 225, struggled to keep up with a mates standard 106 GTi, until we hit over 100mph where it would slowly catch up, which is **** for a car which has nearly twice as much Bhp.
Old 14 September 2005, 09:27 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

had one for a weekend test drive back when they first came out (it was a 2000 W plate), very nice interior, easy cruising, lots of attention (especially women), not very involving to drive and unpredictable on the limit. I guess it depends what you are looking for but i found the tt to be bit of a hollow experience all in all.

didn't buy it
Old 15 September 2005, 04:52 PM
David26
Scooby Regular

Just traded in my 225 ttc for an sti with ppp. The TT is a very pretty car and will get you lot's of attention from the ladies But when it comes to performance the scoob is in a different league! Had quite abit of work done on my TT to get it up to 280 bhp, def needs it, feels abit sluggish as standard imo.

If you do get one the TT-forum is a good place to find things out and i would recommend an apr remap straight away to give it that extra power it needs.
I had all my work done by www.thettshop.co.uk and i'd recommend them, they know there stuff when it comes to vag cars.

Cheers.

David.
Old 15 September 2005, 05:10 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I like them but I would definetely buy the hard top not the soft top, as it seems a bit of a posers car in my opinion, where as I think the hard top is more sporty personally