Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Nissan Micra - changing pollen filter?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2005, 04:53 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Micra - changing pollen filter?

Hi,

Has anyone changed the pollen filter in a Nissan Micra before. I talking about the second generation shape on a R plate. The car has Aircon unit and the Haynes manual speaks vaguely of this procedure.

So far i've removed the glove box and cut away a small section of the centre console as instructed to gain accessability to the box behind but not sure where to got from there....

Comments appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
Old 03 September 2005, 12:11 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fastfrank
Hi,

Has anyone changed the pollen filter in a Nissan Micra before. I talking about the second generation shape on a R plate. The car has Aircon unit and the Haynes manual speaks vaguely of this procedure.

So far i've removed the glove box and cut away a small section of the centre console as instructed to gain accessability to the box behind but not sure where to got from there....

Comments appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
Same here on 99 special edition Inspiration.
Bought filter as listed on parts 'puter from VIN no.
Cut out as you, er, no place for filter.
Consulted the aircon mechanic at the main dealer, took car down with glovebox out. He agreed no place for filter and aircon system was different to ones he had seen before.
So put stregthening plate in, got money back for pollen filter.
I suspect Nissan were sourcing from more than one supplier and build records weren't kept properly.
You could try taking yours to your local dealer and see what they say.
Old 03 September 2005, 01:00 AM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

yep, cheers.

I went to the dealer today and the dude told me it is a b1tch of a job to change because you have to extract the whole dash to take out the fan unit etc. He showed me the pollen filter and it was a thin airfilter looking panel but there is noway how i can see how it would fit in.

I've put some posts on micra forums (UK and Australian) to see what comes back. If I find out i'll let you know.

One things for sure, it needs changing if the car has Aircon because it can reduce the efficiency of the blower.

Laters
Frank
Old 03 September 2005, 01:46 AM
andy_scouser
Scooby Regular

yep, cheers.

I went to the dealer today and the dude told me it is a b1tch of a job to change because you have to extract the whole dash to take out the fan unit etc. He showed me the pollen filter and it was a thin airfilter looking panel but there is noway how i can see how it would fit in.

I've put some posts on micra forums (UK and Australian) to see what comes back. If I find out i'll let you know.

One things for sure, it needs changing if the car has Aircon because it can reduce the efficiency of the blower.

Laters
Frank
Who gives a flying f**k ! What the hell areyou doing on an impreza site.... this place is full of wannabees
Old 03 September 2005, 02:43 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy_scouser
Who gives a flying f**k ! What the hell areyou doing on an impreza site.... this place is full of wannabees
This is humour I presume.
Vege...'cos I am a vegetarian.
Scoob..'cos I have a 99 UK Turbowagon.
The Micra is the shopping/Mrs. Vegescoob's work car.
Other Marques?
Old 03 September 2005, 02:49 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

yep, cheers.

Laters
Frank
Can't be right to take out dash.
On my Classic doddle to do filter.
Our Micra, 48K miles, blower pushes out fine and aircon works well.
Old 03 September 2005, 09:47 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy_scouser
hey, do one laddy, I got a scoob, the Micra is my work poney!