Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I have been a lucky boy

Last year it was the Enzo GT3 RS and some alpinas

This year the line up is
Porsche Carerra GT
Ferrrari 430 Spider
Ferrari 430
Bentley GT 4 dr (cannot remember the posh name)
A proper replica of Frank Sytner's 1980's M3 touring car
Aston DB9

Now to the driving bit

Had a drive in a 430 spider manual which was nice but not run in so took it easy. Have to say the manual gearbox was stiff and difficult!
Next, a 430 with 2.5k miles on the clock - horsed this puppy! had an f1 paddle shift and selectable engine/suspension settings twisty **** on the steering wheel for snow, normal, sport and the best on RACE!
the race setting switched of the stability, traction, etc and sharpened up the throttle and suspension response
**** me what abeast. The sound - this thing howled like a banshee.
Took an hour to get the grin off of my face

the 430 is a truly great car IMHO.

OK, next was an M3 touring car form 1987 and i do mean a touring car, full race spec except the tyres. No leccy bits to help the driver and just 300BHP - you know what, this was the most fun to drive. LHD, brutal and just RWD holiganism!

Moving on
Porshe Carrera GT
This thing has such a presence.. in silver/titanium, manual gearbox.
Heavy clutch which was like an on/off switch.
The noise, this thing barks at you and makes you shiver! revved it up next to a mate doing the same in a 430 and the porsche sounded just plain mean!
The performance is just electrifiying and i found it more daunting than an Enzo. I Think this is down to having a manual g/box and being lhd makes it more difficult to drive as a novice. With all that power you (well me anyway) really do not want to let go of the wheel when you plant your right foot.

finally
DB9
I thought is was gonna feel slow, i was wrong. The straight line performance and whilst rolling felt quicker than the Ferraris. It had a flappy paddle change which felt slower than the Ferrari.
the noise it makes is awesome and out of all the cars i would have this as a daily driver (if only i had the cash!)
I frightened myself flooring the loud pedal on the move it just took off like it had been shot out of a cannon. The torque is just astuounding.The handling was good but not on a par with the Ferrari or Porsche, understeer by the bucketload in comparison to he other cars but it is a GT and the other felt like track cars.

Did not get to drive the 1976 F1 Penske ford as it was inhibited but pushed it a few yds into position. I felt honoured. The smell, it was of racing oils ans such. I think you know what i mean. Frank Sytner races this in historic F1 races and wins. Ford DVF powered.

I am as happy as a dag with two dicks!

Last edited by The Zohan; 25 April 2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 25 April 2005, 10:16 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

You lucky barsteward mate - let me know next time, I'll pop along for the ride

Old 26 April 2005, 04:10 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Don't you just hate some people Nice one Paul would love to drive the DB9, Am hoping to drive the Porsche, later in the week
Cheers
Colin