Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Rare stuff !!

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2005, 03:35 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare stuff !!

Any one of these would do for me. I have owned a lesser version of the M3, but that was a fantastic car to own. Just need to have one of the others now !

The BMW E30 M3 Evo Sport

Made from 1/90 to 3/90
600 made

"The final evolution of the M3 saloon developed to take full advantage of the prevailing regulations for the German (DTM) and Italian Touring Car Championships. Amongst other modifications, engine capacity was enlarged to 2467cc taking the specific output upto 238 bhp at 7000 rpm. Three way adjustable front and rear spoilers were adopted and the interior was given a slight revamp. For the eagle eyed, the front wings were also marginally wider than previous variants to accomodate larger wheels for racing. 600 made."

The Mercedes 190 Evo 2.

"Mercedes won the constructors' title in 1991 and again in 1992 with Klaus Ludvig taking the drivers' spoils. The Evo II cost a whopping £55,200 (back in 1990, remember). £22,000 more than the standard 2.5-16 version, and sold out in a week. Officially only six came to the UK, knowing how many are here now is not clear. Suffice it to say if you do own one, I doubt you'll ever see another on the road. "

RS500 cosworth

Group A racing regulations of that time allowed manufacturers to build an evolution model of a homologated car. The amount of evolution cars that had to be sold for public use was at least 10% of the overall model production which made 500. Because of this, Ford had already planned to put these 500 original Sierra Cosworths in storage when the RS Cosworth was in the planning stage.*

The cd factor of the 500 made it a fraction slower than the standard RS Cosworth, this was due to the additional aerodynamic aids applied to the 500 (lower front bumper splitter, lower boot spoiler & gurney strip of the main rear spoiler) . All in all made the car much more stable at very high speeds (150mph +) need for the races ?!?!? <didn't know that

And the future classic desirable limited run overpirced car of here and now is the BMW GTR

Over £100000 i think. Not really much better than a M3 CSL. But we will look back in 15-20 years and see them for £30000 and go hmmm what a bargin, why didn't i buy one in 2005 !!!
Old 30 March 2005, 04:14 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Fab cars all of them but I'd take the E30.

BTW there is a convertible 190 EVO for sale on Autotrader here

Bit of waste of a good car
Old 01 April 2005, 01:53 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

E30 has got to be the one for me.

Seriously looked at a few Evo II's/Cecottos/Ravaglias (sp) but opted out due to problems with LHD (toll bridge's etc)

In the end i bought a Saff Cosworth.

E30's still hold a strong price too.
Old 02 April 2005, 07:39 PM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

I remember watching these beat everything in the British Touring Cars Championship. Texaco livery with Andy Rouse (?) driving if i recall

Nothing like that these days........Vauxhall Astras & Protons
Old 02 April 2005, 07:59 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hammoc
http://www.rs-ford.co.uk/images/feature/blk500.jpg

I remember watching these beat everything in the British Touring Cars Championship. Texaco livery with Andy Rouse (?) driving if i recall

Nothing like that these days........Vauxhall Astras & Protons
Best race ever was the birmingham supersprix with Andy Rousse in the Kaliber racing against Tim Harvey in the Labbats cossies but Im sure with 500bhp nothing was going to touch them
Old 02 April 2005, 08:03 PM
Stax
Scooby Regular

Quite like the Merc Evo myself. I know that virtually all 190Es now are total Rude Boy motors, but I can't stop myself from liking them! Especially given you can pick up a Cosworth 190E for a pretty decent price (Even ignoring the fact its been thrashed to f*ck and back!) Don't think I'd ever really seriously consider buying one, but still like 'em. All of the cars you picked were mighty though...!
Old 02 April 2005, 08:08 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stax
Quite like the Merc Evo myself. I know that virtually all 190Es now are total Rude Boy motors, but I can't stop myself from liking them! Especially given you can pick up a Cosworth 190E for a pretty decent price (Even ignoring the fact its been thrashed to f*ck and back!) Don't think I'd ever really seriously consider buying one, but still like 'em. All of the cars you picked were mighty though...!
Ive had a wish list since I was about 20 (now 30) and all three of these have been on it. I will get a 3 door cossie one day and have a low miles E30 M3 on a H which is lovely but all the years Ive been searching Ive never see so many piles of ****e in my life....must have seen 20 cars and ALL the 2.5-16v were ****e.....the best cossie I saw sold just before i got there. I was lucky that my M3 was pretty good...did have a trolley scuff on the side and was faded a bit on the plastic bits but after a 1,000 quid spent its now lovely.
Old 02 April 2005, 08:13 PM
Stax
Scooby Regular

I bet the M3 really flies doesn't it? Awesome motor.

Picked up my scooby from the bodyshop today, and driving back to the motorway I heard a bit of a roar from up front. Knew it was something decent from the sound and got a bit of a look at it. It was some kind of race ready 3 series (E30 I think). Could see the cage in it from a way back and when I got a bit closer, saw some of the other details. Sounded good too.
Old 02 April 2005, 08:35 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stax
I bet the M3 really flies doesn't it? Awesome motor.

Picked up my scooby from the bodyshop today, and driving back to the motorway I heard a bit of a roar from up front. Knew it was something decent from the sound and got a bit of a look at it. It was some kind of race ready 3 series (E30 I think). Could see the cage in it from a way back and when I got a bit closer, saw some of the other details. Sounded good too.
Initially I was very disappointed with the performance until I was coming back up the A1 took it above 5k rev and upto 7 1/2k revs it just flew.....its not really the all out power you would expect but driving it on country roads the handling is brilliant.
Got bored a bit so got it remapped and new pipe (de-cat) which made it feel so much revvyer (SP?)....its not like rice boilers that just need a chip for 6000bhp (never had it dyno'd but would have thought around 235 ish) but its really rewarding having something that many others would really love and the boxy looks just make the car.
Old 02 April 2005, 08:57 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by falkster
Best race ever was the birmingham supersprix with Andy Rousse in the Kaliber racing against Tim Harvey in the Labbats cossies but Im sure with 500bhp nothing was going to touch them
Got that on file if anyone wants it ?
Old 02 April 2005, 09:05 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk/video/

Its the one at the top of the page.....not dial up friendly....infact its very unfriendly