Corolla v Civic v Fabia v Golf?

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2005, 08:49 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corolla v Civic v Fabia v Golf?

Hi All

My uncle is wanting to buy a new car and plans to keep it for the forseeable future (read 10yrs +). It has to be less than 1.71m wide to fit in his garage! We haven't checked which of the above meets that requirement except the Corolla which does and is his current favourite.

He only does 6-7k miles/yr, but decent economy and service intervals would be welcome all the same. Also preferably in the cheaper tax band and low insurance group. Would paying the premium in initial outlay for a diesel be worth it in the long run?

Needs to have decent boot space, at least as much as his current 1990 Nissan Sunny hatch. Performance not a huge issue but nothing too slow. Nothing French and he's not keen on a Seat but I'm trying to convince him to look at a Leon, are these screwed together as well as a Golf/Fabia? (We realise Fabia is on the Polo platform but an Octavia is prob too big for his needs)

Any views?

Old 26 March 2005, 08:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have had serveral Civics and never had a problem. Build quality is excellent. Handling performance etc is good

Had an 04 model 1.6 as a hire car recently and that was a good car.

All of the cars you list are pretty good tbh, i would get him to test drive them to see what he prefers