Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Confused

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2005, 04:31 PM
skoda_kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Confused

Just been accepted on a modern apprenticeship and i have been told i will be given a company car as soon as im driving ( im currently 16).

Just wondered what having a company car means, what do i have to pay for/what does the company pay for? do i get to choose the car i want? etc

Im sure alot of you folks have got company cars and know alot about them.

Cheers
Old 09 March 2005, 04:38 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all depends on the company.

I drive a company car and they pay for everything except my personal fuel. Some companies give you a fuel card and pay for your personal fuel but the taxman hits you for this so you'd need to be doing alot of personal mileage to make it pay. You get taxed on a company car but it's not all that bad if you weigh up the cost of insurance, tyres, servicing etc.
Old 09 March 2005, 04:47 PM
DCSCOBBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother has a company car and he doesnt pay for anything even get done by the tax man as they (the company) claim they are all pool cars and not assigned to one particular person - then all employees with company cars swap then round every 6 months, he gets a fuel card and that can purchase anything in the shop aswell whether its maps/ oil or food. They only thing he has to pay out for is if he crashes it the company take £200 towards the excess.
Old 09 March 2005, 10:35 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DCSCOBBY
My brother has a company car and he doesnt pay for anything even get done by the tax man as they (the company) claim they are all pool cars and not assigned to one particular person - then all employees with company cars swap then round every 6 months, he gets a fuel card and that can purchase anything in the shop aswell whether its maps/ oil or food. They only thing he has to pay out for is if he crashes it the company take £200 towards the excess.
That's a bit dodgy as far as I know and if the taxman ever catches up with them they'll have some serious backtax to pay