Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Volkswagen Golf - Advise Please

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2004, 08:16 AM
cmdcorrola
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volkswagen Golf - Advise Please

Hi Guys, wondered if I could get a few opinions on what to do with the wifes Golf.

Bought brand new on a 53 plate (End of Feb)

Over the past 2 months car battery has started to go flat. Been back to the dealers 3 time already, each time them changing different parts and saying that it is fixed.

Went to get into car last might and surprise flat battery.

Problem is the the wife needs a reliable car coz we've got a 5 week old baby thats a bit ill.

I know that if it goes back to the dealer their just going to change something else hoping that will cure the problem and I can't accept this as I cannot afford to have an unreliable car - that why I thought it would be a good idea to spend ten grand on a volkwagen in february!!!!!!

What do you think I should request from thye dealer, a new car?, a loan car for the duration that they need my car in the workshop to guaruntee a repair - if they can guaruntee it.

Any advice really appreciated.

Carl
Old 09 November 2004, 08:25 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Something will be draining the battery. Not too hard (especially for a dealer) to find the source. All you need is a multimeter and some knowledge of the cars electrics.

I had a battery draining problem with my omega. Gave it to vauxhall, they found the problem (central locking control unit), fixed it and no problems since.

I'm amazed that they haven't solved it, it's not hard to find out if somethings draining the battery before returning it to the customer. It's under warranty so keep sending it back and complain to the manager that it's not being fixed. The more you send it back, the more it costs them. Demand a courtesy car too.
Old 09 November 2004, 09:49 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Try these guys: http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/default.asp

very helpful and knowledgeable... but the forum isn't as popular as this, so give 'em chance to answer
Old 10 November 2004, 12:39 PM
Dicke C
Scooby Regular

Isn't there a fault with the rear boot catch/central locking....Sure that springs to mind..

Will second the MkIV web forum...