Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Zafira

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2004, 08:30 AM
Markys 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zafira

Need one to cart the family around in, what should I be looking at, is the DTi any good ?
Old 27 September 2004, 09:29 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I looked a couple of years ago -

dashboard was typical Poxhaull, it was really, really depressing. It was like it was designed for a Macdonalds funeral parlour.

Rear seats only took a weight of a certain amount, maybe 50kgs.

Never drove it.
Old 27 September 2004, 11:09 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

DTi is probably the best pick of the bunch. Having it fully loaded with 7 passenger, or towing another vehicle (which if often did) had little effect on performance. Just make sure the revs are above 1200rpm when you pull away (absolutely no power below that rpm). Ours covered 40k of very very hard abuse without nothing breaking or falling off.

Interior - very errm...black. Standard drivers seat postion take some getting used to (more van like). A/C struggles in the summer....windscreen demister design worse than a classic Impreza.

Suspension...soft and wallowy, sick inducing (if your not the driver). Handles well, just rolls alot. If you can get sports suspension for these things, I would highly recommend it.

Just noticed looking out the window parked outside there is a Zaferia GSi Turbo, pimp tints, leather, lowered. Now that would worth a try

We've used other MPV's (Tourans, Scenics etc) and the Zaf was pretty good in terms of robustness vs price.
Old 27 September 2004, 10:33 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a Zafira, and we're swapping it on friday for another one, thats how happy we've been with it, if you use all 7 seats there's not a huge amount of space left for luggage, but thats for us at least not an issue.
We currently have the 2,2ltr petrol, goes very well, and does pretty much whatever you ask, when we went looking for a replacement, I drove the diesel, and got out as quick as I could, I couldn't stand it, it was noisey and very slow!! YUCK!!!!
We're swapping the 2.2 for a 1.8, the 2.2 tows extremely well, I had a big car trailer with all be it a small car on it, but hardly knew it was there!

Just in case you fancy a 2001, 2.2ltr Comfort with 32k on the clock FVSH, for say 8.5K you can mail me or pm if you wish, I think I have a picture I can send, the colour is Mirage, kinda silvery blue ish!

Ron.
Old 27 September 2004, 10:53 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

How many miles did the DTi you drove done?...ours didn't free up until after 10K miles of thrashing. After that, it would wheelspin if you change to 2nd a bit too quick in the dry! Call that Slow?
Old 27 September 2004, 10:55 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was on the dealers forecourt, I warmed it up, and then drove it fairly swiftly, or tried, had about 20k on it if I remember rightly, sounded like the biggest bag of nails going!