Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

R32,S3,RS,CUPRAr,COOPERs?????????

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2004, 01:06 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question R32,S3,RS,CUPRAr,COOPERs?????????

am really not sure which wat to go ! Having got rid of my beloved Rb5WR 10 months ago am now looking to get something else again.
probably wont be new, may be newish and will be on finance so residulas will be important. but need either hacthback or smallsih estate for dog etc and dont want to be bored / pi~~ed of with it 12 months.
so from the list above who has what and what they like and what else should i think about ????????

cheers......
Old 15 September 2004, 02:58 PM
DavidChief
Scooby Regular

My vote goes for the Focus RS. Rock solid residuals as well as a cracking drive. Don't listen to the critics - try one for yourself and see what you think!
Old 15 September 2004, 03:08 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

S3 really feels classy, but incredibly small boot! Cooper S great residuals, but not dog friendly I'd say. Golf R32 or Focus RS are left....personally I couldn't live with the RS cabin....seat and steering wheel too puke-worthy. Seat has poo residuals, but much much cheaper nearly new to compensate.....decent car.
Cman
Old 15 September 2004, 03:59 PM
Simon S3
Scooby Regular

The S3`s boot is the same size as the R32 Golf`s, the Cooper S boot is a joke.

To be honest I`d be looking at a Focus RS or a Leon Cupra R.
Old 15 September 2004, 05:14 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by JimmyRB5PRO
am really not sure which wat to go ! Having got rid of my beloved Rb5WR 10 months ago am now looking to get something else again.
probably wont be new, may be newish and will be on finance so residulas will be important. but need either hacthback or smallsih estate for dog etc and dont want to be bored / pi~~ed of with it 12 months.
so from the list above who has what and what they like and what else should i think about ????????

cheers......
Almost owned the full set, apart from the Focus RS which I almost bought, but after driving it, gave it a wide berth. Worst car was the Cooper S, it will feel like a Skoda Felicia compared to your RB5. R32 is very nice and values have stayed high, think that might change with the new GTI just around the corner. Cupra R is nice if you chip and buy at the right price. S3 also nice if you can get a good one at a resonable price.

Jonathan
Old 15 September 2004, 05:44 PM
Nick_CTR
Scooby Newbie

How about a Civic Type-R?
Old 15 September 2004, 07:57 PM
Scooby Newbie

Well Ive got a cupra r 225 which is now chipped and I can certainly recommend it!!
Old 15 September 2004, 08:08 PM
max_b
Scooby Regular

another vote for the RS from me....
definately a car that wont get you bored

my view is that if you went for a rb5wr, you wanted something different from the regular scooby....if you look at the list you posted the only real 'unique' car is the RS... limited by numbers, looks awesome, ALWAYS gets the looks with cracking performance that wont get you bored!!

drop me a pm if you want to know any more about the RS as mine is currently available!

max
Old 15 September 2004, 09:42 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by max_b
another vote for the RS from me....
definately a car that wont get you bored

my view is that if you went for a rb5wr, you wanted something different from the regular scooby....if you look at the list you posted the only real 'unique' car is the RS... limited by numbers, looks awesome, ALWAYS gets the looks with cracking performance that wont get you bored!!

drop me a pm if you want to know any more about the RS as mine is currently available!

max
There are more RS's than R32's, not that exclusive. The R32 is classier and had a much more thought than the RS. That interior belongs is an deeply unimpressive place to be. The R32 IMHO also looks more awesome
Old 16 September 2004, 10:47 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Another vote for the Cupra R 225 - mine has an APR remap and is awesome !!

Dave
Old 16 September 2004, 10:18 PM
max_b
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chins
There are more RS's than R32's, not that exclusive. The R32 is classier and had a much more thought than the RS. That interior belongs is an deeply unimpressive place to be. The R32 IMHO also looks more awesome
yes by numbers there are more rs's, the point i was tyring to make was as per rb5 they were all steel grey, all rs's are imperial blue, unlike the r32 which is in a range of colours......

also i'm sure that if the rs had cost 4k more from new, the interior might have been a 'better' finish, but 4k is a lot of money, and in my book makes the RS even better value for money! ;-)
Old 17 September 2004, 05:23 PM
StevieG
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I am also a happy owner of a Cupra R for the last 2 years & would certainly disagree that their residuals are "poo". Almost impossible to find one for less than 14k & they only cost 17k in 2002.
Also, from a practical point of view they are great having 5 doors & good sized boot. we had our first baby last month & am not under any pressure to get a more practical car - beats the RS hands down IMHO.