Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Not another Clio thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2004, 10:06 AM
jcullen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Not another Clio thread...

Ok, Had a test drive in a 182 yesterday and am seriously considering changing the mrs' Mini pooper for one.
So, what I would like to know is, whats the best deal anyone has achieved on one (with cup packs, paint etc) recently?
Dealer obviously has plenty of scope as he knocked a grand off to start with!

James
Old 02 August 2004, 10:09 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

We were offered £13,300 for Arctic Blue (non-met) with cup pack from Renault Leicester.

He also offered £14,000 for the same on 0%.

Reason we didn't go for it was the 2-3 month waiting time........
Old 02 August 2004, 10:18 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

£13.3k with cup susp and metallic paint
Old 02 August 2004, 10:22 AM
jcullen
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by MooseRacer
£13.3k with cup susp and metallic paint
tks, keep em comming
Old 02 August 2004, 10:41 AM
JeffJefferson
Scooby Newbie

Cool 182 price

I was quoted £13,600 from Gordon Lamb Chesterfield which has Cup Suspension Pack and Cup spoiler pack. I also know they are getting a Black one for their showroom which should be with them in the next few weeks. If you want a different colour you might have to wait a while as the manufacturing plant shuts down for August (Lazy French *******).

I've order one on the 18th July and have been told it will be available for the 20th September.

Oh yeah got mine with the help of a friend who works for Renault F1 team thats 22% discount for me £11,919
Old 02 August 2004, 10:51 AM
jcullen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JeffJefferson
I was quoted £13,600 from Gordon Lamb Chesterfield which has Cup Suspension Pack and Cup spoiler pack. I also know they are getting a Black one for their showroom which should be with them in the next few weeks. If you want a different colour you might have to wait a while as the manufacturing plant shuts down for August (Lazy French *******).

I've order one on the 18th July and have been told it will be available for the 20th September.

Oh yeah got mine with the help of a friend who works for Renault F1 team thats 22% discount for me £11,919
Ah, that'd be the friends and family discount?
Old 02 August 2004, 10:54 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Check out www.motorpoint.co.uk, £11,699 . They don't say about the cup pack, but can't hurt to give 'em a call

Matt
Old 02 August 2004, 11:01 AM
Matt_Turbo_2000
Scooby Regular

http://www.motorprovider.co.uk/ are also good!
Old 02 August 2004, 11:04 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Motorpoint don't do the cup pack, but say that it can be retrofitted. I believe this is a ploy to sell more cars IMHO.

I would rather pay the £13,300 for a UK car with factory fitted options rather than an import with dealer/retrofitted options. Plus the resale value would be so much more.

IMHO
Old 02 August 2004, 11:16 AM
jcullen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Motorpoint don't do the cup pack, but say that it can be retrofitted. I believe this is a ploy to sell more cars IMHO.

I would rather pay the £13,300 for a UK car with factory fitted options rather than an import with dealer/retrofitted options. Plus the resale value would be so much more.

IMHO
What she said..
Old 02 August 2004, 11:22 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

There'll be a black 182 with cup pack on renault2go this week. Paint is shabby (hence it's being returned) and the o2 sensor has been replaced 3 times... (It's a rejected car from Sutton Park - my mum's car)

That should be cheaper? But check the paintwork out...
Nick.
Old 02 August 2004, 11:22 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

I would agree it's a 'ploy' to sell more cars, they're a car sales company

Don't worry, I don't work for Motorpoint, just passing on what I thought was good value.

The import vs. uk point is very valid in terms of resale, but it's worth checking that their cars ARE imports - they aren't always. We bought a Renault from them and it is NOT an import, yet still unbelievable value.

An import may well fetch a lower price in resale, but it costs less in the first place. We all know the arguments for\against imports, it's then upto personal preference.

Don't know if I'd personally buy a 182 from Motorpoint or not because I may too prefer a dealer supplied car given that the difference isn't massive, but £11,699 is still terrific value.

Just being objective

Matt
Old 02 August 2004, 11:42 AM
jcullen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Muffleman
I would agree it's a 'ploy' to sell more cars, they're a car sales company

Don't worry, I don't work for Motorpoint, just passing on what I thought was good value.

The import vs. uk point is very valid in terms of resale, but it's worth checking that their cars ARE imports - they aren't always. We bought a Renault from them and it is NOT an import, yet still unbelievable value.

An import may well fetch a lower price in resale, but it costs less in the first place. We all know the arguments for\against imports, it's then upto personal preference.

Don't know if I'd personally buy a 182 from Motorpoint or not because I may too prefer a dealer supplied car given that the difference isn't massive, but £11,699 is still terrific value.

Just being objective

Matt

Ideally I want to find the best real offer and then get my local dealer to try and match it. Don't have a problem with imports as have been down that route already with the scoob, but not too sure about the build quality of the renault so would rather use a local dealer in case of any problems arising.
Just been on the motorprovider site and they have uk cars with cup packs for £12700 which seems pretty good to me.
Old 02 August 2004, 05:47 PM
matlow
Scooby Regular

i looked into motorpoint when i got mine, at the time i asked the dealer if it could be retro fitted and the answer was no, its a factory fit option. he did go on to say that to retro fit would probably cost in the region of 1,000 plus, due to four new wheels uprated suspension, new tyres and different camber angle and wide track.

i paid 12,700 for mine (UK with cup pack)
Old 02 August 2004, 06:00 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Why not get a 52/53 plate?

I have seen a few in the dealers under 10K miles for £9,995
Old 02 August 2004, 06:24 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jcullen
Ideally I want to find the best real offer and then get my local dealer to try and match it. Don't have a problem with imports as have been down that route already with the scoob, but not too sure about the build quality of the renault so would rather use a local dealer in case of any problems arising.
Just been on the motorprovider site and they have uk cars with cup packs for £12700 which seems pretty good to me.
It's all EU cars, which means they still have to give you manufacturers warranty, the dealers might spit out their dummy, but they legally can't, they're a bunch of muppets at Renault dealers in my experience, and you have to kick up a fuss every time, so doubt you'll miss much.

The dealers would like you to think you'll loose out if you don't buy from them, beause it's their lively hood, but when all is said and done, the more we put up with dealer prices, the slower the market will react. It was several years ago, the DTI produced their report suggesting we live in rip off britain, and we're paying well over the odds for cars. People in Europe pay much, much less than us, as they do in Japan and America.

That said, probably be better to get the Cup pack factory fitted if possible as Clare mentioned £11,699 is very good, but £13k isn't exactly a fortune either.

I don't think that buying it here should affect the resale value too much, it's right hand drive, with full UK spec, like I said, you're still covered by the manufacturers warranty. By the time you go to sell it, there won't be any warrany anyway, so don't think it should make a difference.

Last edited by mynickers; 02 August 2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02 August 2004, 06:26 PM
clio182
Scooby Newbie

contact a company called cambridge vms on 01223 257 728 they was very helpfull and i found them to be the cheapest @ about £12800 and that is for a uk delaer supplied car with both cup packs and free delivery. also watch out as a lot of the other companys as they sell you imports. i even picked mine up from dealer to make sure it was coming from a dealer and it was. you wont get a better priced uk supplied car.
Old 02 August 2004, 06:39 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by clio182
contact a company called cambridge vms on 01223 257 728 they was very helpfull and i found them to be the cheapest @ about £12800 and that is for a uk delaer supplied car with both cup packs and free delivery. also watch out as a lot of the other companys as they sell you imports. i even picked mine up from dealer to make sure it was coming from a dealer and it was. you wont get a better priced uk supplied car.
Cant say fairer than that really... Sounds like getting Cup pack factory fitted is a must..

I personally think you shouldn't waste your money on a hatch, and get a proper sports car for a fraction of the price

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.u...2000sport1.jpg

£6-8k for a 350-odd BHP per tonne and plenty of torque - drawl!

Even better, get your £13k, and get a Megabusa (420bhp per tonne)!

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.u...per/9_1280.jpg

puts things in perspective doesn't it! £13k gets you a capable hot hatch or a super car beating track day car, you might need to get some jumpers though!

Last edited by mynickers; 02 August 2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02 August 2004, 07:58 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

You can have mine for £11,850

UK Car, Artic Blue, 3000 miles, plus cup spoiler and suspension

Kids want a bigger car. Might get a 225.

£13,300 is a good target price for a new car with Metalic and Cup Options

Jonathan
Old 02 August 2004, 08:02 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chins
You can have mine for £11,850

UK Car, Artic Blue, 3000 miles, plus cup spoiler and suspension

Kids want a bigger car. Might get a 225.

£13,300 is a good target price for a new car with Metalic and Cup Options

Jonathan
Is that the most miles you have put on a car Jonathan?
Old 02 August 2004, 08:21 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Daz34
Is that the most miles you have put on a car Jonathan?
It has lasted 50% longer than most cars Ive owned in the past 6 years. The Terzo however lasted 9 months, so theres a Looooooooong way to go before it reaches those dizzy heights
Old 02 August 2004, 11:43 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Only the spoilers... the suspension cannot be retro fitted...
Old 02 August 2004, 11:44 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

We were offered £13,300 for Arctic Blue (non-met) with cup pack from Renault Leicester.
No, the Arctic Blue is the metallic one, it's Racing Blue that is the solid colour and the only no cost paint choice!
Old 03 August 2004, 09:33 AM
jcullen
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by mynickers
Cant say fairer than that really... Sounds like getting Cup pack factory fitted is a must..

I personally think you shouldn't waste your money on a hatch, and get a proper sports car for a fraction of the price

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.u...2000sport1.jpg

£6-8k for a 350-odd BHP per tonne and plenty of torque - drawl!

Even better, get your £13k, and get a Megabusa (420bhp per tonne)!

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.u...per/9_1280.jpg

puts things in perspective doesn't it! £13k gets you a capable hot hatch or a super car beating track day car, you might need to get some jumpers though!
I see where you're comming from, but unfortunatly I can't see the mrs wanting to use one as a baby mobile at the wkend....
Old 03 August 2004, 12:56 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rich D
Only the spoilers... the suspension cannot be retro fitted...
Which is why I said it was a ploy to sell more cars. I.e. it can't be fitted afterwards, but they tell you it can......
Old 03 August 2004, 01:06 PM
currymonster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Don't know if this is of help as the quote was from 30/04/04 but heres the email reply i received:-

Renault Clio 2.0 16v Renaultsport 182 3dr

Thank you for your enquiry to DriveSmart regarding the above car.

We can currently offer the standard car with Cup Suspension, at £12,150.00 On-The-Road including 12 months' tax disc, initial registration and delivery to a UK mainland address (typically taking 6-8 weeks for a vehicle to order). The car will be UK dealer supplied with full UK manufacturer's warranty.

Regards, James Mole

DriveSmart plc

Tel: 08700 202010 (Int'l +44 8700202010)

Fax: 08700 202011 (Int'l +44 8700202011)

Spoilers and metallic would bring it up by 5 or £600 I'd imagine but it still a good quote if they can still do the same price and it's a UK supplied car with full UK warranty.

Good luck, Cal
Old 03 August 2004, 06:19 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jcullen
I see where you're comming from, but unfortunatly I can't see the mrs wanting to use one as a baby mobile at the wkend....
LOL, no they're not a girlfriend friendly car

That quote 'clio182' got just under 13k with cup pack sounds like the best deal to me, personally I quite like the standard blue (non matalic) heard a few bad things about matalic paint jobs, and my mothers is scratching and scraping like no ones business so that's less cash to shell out.
Old 03 August 2004, 10:35 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Which is why I said it was a ploy to sell more cars. I.e. it can't be fitted afterwards, but they tell you it can......
Either that or they do think it can be easily retro-fitted...

But, you are most probably right!
Old 04 August 2004, 06:56 PM
mikeGG
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

I went from Scoob to an arctic blue 182 and dont regret it one bit so IMO mini to 182 would be a good move!

I got mine from Motorpoint for the £11699 previously mentioned which I thought was excellent value and havent had a single problem with any aspect of buying or owning the car. Take the point about resale but im gonna keep it 3-4 yrs so the effect shouldnt be too bad for me. I would have rather gone to a dealer and got a 'cupped' 182 but found that the renault dealers were so reluctant to cut much off there prices I walked away. Best I could get was £ fully loaded 14100!
IMHO an alarm (which I later added for £200 fitted), 1 yr extra on my warranty plus the cup bits wasnt worth the near £2500 difference in price not taking into account the stupid delivery times!

Mike
Old 08 August 2004, 11:03 PM
Matt ATR3
Scooby Newbie

I paid £13.2k cash for met black with Cup suspension/spoilers from UK dealer (3 weeks delivery) - some brokers can get this down to £12.5k, but invariably this is when it's a pre-reg which may mean not being able to have your name on the V5 for a few months...

Matt