Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi TT quicker than a Crock?

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2003, 09:18 PM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Understeering Audi TT quicker than a Crock WRX?

No? - the Impreza is yesterdays car, sell it now....well if you can.

Good night
Old 21 December 2003, 09:38 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zzzzzz

top gear hit a raw nerve?
Old 21 December 2003, 09:41 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

Nip over to General: full of bobblehats frantically emailing Top Gear in tears

Olly (SL Benz owner, snigger)
Old 21 December 2003, 09:49 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

lmao they are on about storming the studio with a load of cars.

lmao.

Old 21 December 2003, 09:50 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

soooo funny thou if it carries on they're guna all be calling it common (judged by email quantity) on next week show pmsl
Si
Old 21 December 2003, 09:52 PM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

PMSL - That will make Impreza owners look cool, if they cannot take a bit of humour!

Ho Ho Ho Merry Xmas!

a Crock's not just for Christmas
Old 21 December 2003, 11:25 PM
Bader23
Scooby Regular

I'd rather have a scoob than an audi tt every day of the week..mind you i drive a vauxhall so that aint sayin much ;o)

and i also own a classic...don't get too despondent guys
Old 22 December 2003, 12:20 AM
Frazer
Scooby Regular

Standard Impreza is a crock of ???? not any faster than the new breed of hot hatches and looks really boring :-) All in all a common crock if you as me. ;-)

[Edited by Frazer - 12/22/2003 12:20:55 AM]
Old 22 December 2003, 12:50 AM
Bader23
Scooby Regular

0 - 60 counts for sod all in the real world...

the real money shot figure is 0 - 100 ...thats the test of a truly fast car.
Old 22 December 2003, 10:52 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Did the TT beat the WRX around the track then?
Old 22 December 2003, 11:16 AM
Bader23
Scooby Regular

i dunno..but it was only just quicker than the r32...

mind you..it was understeering like a big fat hippo...its no sports car thats for sure.

just as a brief aside...is it me or is the new stig..not quite as quick as the old stig (mr perry mccarthy obviously proved his worth)
Old 22 December 2003, 12:22 PM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

I thought the R32 was quicker...so the TT must be quicker.

id
Old 22 December 2003, 01:34 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Bader23, I think the new Stig is significantly quicker than Perry, he just looks slower (he's less showy). Notice how all the guests that have been on the show and given track tuition by the new Stig have also been suprisingly quick (except Johnny Vegas but he can't even drive and ended up not being the slowest).

As for the Audi TT being quicker than a WRX, I don't care, I still think the TT tries far too hard to be cool.
Old 22 December 2003, 02:22 PM
Bader23
Scooby Regular

i think perhaps your right...

its a strange thing watching it though isnt it

i dont care how quick tt's are.the only people to want them are women and showy guys with an insecurity complex...thankfully they arent actually that quick...they wouldnt even truly annhialate my carlton gsi
Old 22 December 2003, 05:40 PM
Mad Gypsy
Scooby Regular

TT's fast? Please! I gave one such a spanking the other day, I pulled over, made him cut my hair, and made him my bitch.

I would suggest you all find a TT and do the same.

Old 22 December 2003, 05:40 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

I've got an 03 TT Cab and a Standard 00 Scooby Turbo - Scooby winds hands down!
Old 22 December 2003, 05:48 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

I pulled over, made him cut my hair, and made him my bitch.

LMFAO!

Old 22 December 2003, 09:32 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Scoobs fast? Please! I gave one such a spanking the other day, I pulled over, made him relinquish his puffa jacket so that i may lag my central heating cylinder, and made him my bitch. I also forced him to turn his front fogs off and wear his baseball cap round the right.

[Edited by jjones - 12/22/2003 9:35:47 PM]
Old 22 December 2003, 09:47 PM
Stu-exScoobOwner
Scooby Regular

JJones

Scoobs fast? Please! I gave one such a spanking the other day, I pulled over, made him relinquish his puffa jacket so that i may lag my central heating cylinder, and made him my bitch. I also forced him to turn his front fogs off and wear his baseball cap round the right.

Noit that all Scooby drivers where baseball caps of course

Old 22 December 2003, 11:17 PM
Mad Gypsy
Scooby Regular

JJones, when can you fit me in for a short back and sides?
Old 22 December 2003, 11:36 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Talking

"I gave one such a spanking the other day"

Nuff said.
Old 23 December 2003, 03:12 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

JJ
ROTFPMLMFAO!!!!
Old 23 December 2003, 03:42 PM
Mad Gypsy
Scooby Regular

Seriously, are TT's meant to be fast? And do any sraight men actually drive them?
They really do get thrashed by my 310bhp STi Type R
I saw one guy/gay look down to see if he was in reverse!
Of course, I pulled over, forced him to make the tea, and made him my bitch.

Old 23 December 2003, 03:48 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Hardly comparing apples with apples there MG. 310bhp Type R vs. a more than likely standard TT.

Was it the 225 or the 180?

Was it the Quattro or the front wheel drive?

Did he actually give a toss that you wanted to race?

I've been beaten by Ford Ka's because I don't want to race them.
Old 23 December 2003, 03:56 PM
Mad Gypsy
Scooby Regular

It said 225 on the back and had a quattro badge on the front. And it's not the first. It seems all TT drivers think they have bought a sports car, why, I'm not quite sure. They come racing up behind you with something to prove, and get a thrashing that you can tell shocks them. I haven't yet baited a TT, as I see them as not fit enough to give me a race. But, when provoked, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching them dissapear.
I've never liked them, they ARE for girls and homosexuals and basically they are just a VW beatle with a Hawaiian shirt on.

[Edited by Mad Gypsy - 12/23/2003 3:58:14 PM]
Old 23 December 2003, 04:03 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

The Impreza is an old Beetle with a puffer jacket on. Flat four nonsense.

At least they'll get closer to 30mpg.

From 3 Impreza's to an Audi.

I seem to recall that Fuji's marketing campaign is targeting gay couples with disposable income at the minute. It's a lovely glass house you have.
Old 23 December 2003, 04:08 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Gay-Coded Subaru Ads Return to Mainstream

When a gay-targeted campaign from Subaru using light-hearted license plates began appearing in general outdoor advertising, the news media raced to understand the plates' seemingly "coded" messages, including "XENA-LVR," "P-TOWN" and "CAMP OUT."

While few at Subaru thought of their campaign as secret coding, the idea has now caught on with a more deliberate, tongue-in-cheek reprise. The veteran LGBT marketer introduces a new effort this month that offers a play on classic movie lines.

Taking a cue from Norma Desmond and "Sunset Boulevard," one new ad carries the headline, "I'm ready for my closeup" -- accompanied by a close view of the hood of a Subaru WRX. A forthcoming example references Faye Dunaway in "Mommy Dearest," with the line, "Put a window where it ought to be," meaning a sunroof.

"The gay community has a sense of ownership of literature and films," explains John Nash, who has been the creative director for Subaru's gay ads since the beginning, first for the defunct Mulryan/Nash Advertising, and now for Moon City Productions. "We thought that it would be fun to casually and thoughtfully align movie lines with the cars."

The campaign will run in gay titles as well as Movieline magazine, which reaches over 500,000 readers and brings the gay-targeted ads back into mainstream media. Subaru is also sponsoring postcard racks and medium-sized gay film festivals in Austin, Provincetown, Seattle and Washington DC.

While companies regularly run mainstream ads in gay media, they rarely run gay-targeted ads in the mainstream, since the expense is greater and there is risk of turning off other consumers. Little research exists on how general audiences respond to gay-targeted messages.

Playful Coding Appreciated By Consumers, and Accepted by Subaru

"Each year we've done this, we've learned more about our target audience," says Nash. "We've found that playful coding is really, really appreciated by our consumers, they like deciphering it."

Although Movieline is a general magazine, its demographics do not entirely stray from gay readers. Nash says that half of the readership is single and 42% are male. "You can assume we're speaking to consumers that matter," he adds, with his own bit of coding.

The whole coding concept began quite incidentally. Subaru's first campaign in 1995 used images of wholesome looking men and women, but consumer research found that people didn't relate to those pictured. The car marker shifted gears to just showing the vehicles that emphasized the individuality of its consumers through vanity license plates -- which was then perceived as "secret coding" that straight audiences didn't get.

The company wasn't exactly comfortable with the inadvertent intrigue at the coding concept at first, but are now lightheartedly embracing it. Nash explains, "They've taken a collective sigh and asked, 'What's the worst that can happen with this?' They are now having fun with this."

Subaru has eased into the LGBT market over the years. The company's interest began when research revealed a large lesbian following, followed by ads in 1995, then a partnership with the gay affinity card part owned by tennis champion Martina Navratilova, the Rainbow Card. Subaru later invited Navratilova to appear in a TV campaign, her first major sponsorship deal since coming out in the 1980s.

The license plate campaign appeared in 1999 and was followed by similar word play effort, with slogans such as "Get out. And stay out." and "Entirely comfortable with its orientation."

While Subaru was not the first auto company to reach out to gays (it shortly followed Saab's November 1994 debut), the brand remains to this day the only one to create gay-targeted ads. Says Tim Bennett, Subaru's director of marketing programs in Cherry Hill, NJ, "Every company markets to gays and lesbians, we just admit it."

U.S. Automakers to Join the Fray, Chrysler Adds Gay to 'Urban'

Several years after domestic major automakers suddenly extended domestic partnership benefits to their employees, Ford Motor and Daimler Chrysler have started to approach agencies about gay marketing. At the beginning of the month, Chrysler put its African-American and Hispanic accounts up for review while announcing that gay marketing would be brought into the fold.

Chrysler's plan has multicultural agencies scrambling to form new partnerships with gay agencies and a decision is expected by the end of May, Ford' interest is more open.

Jeff Bell, vice president of marketing communications at Chrysler Group, reportedly said, “We are moving away from solely dedicated creative for African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities. Instead, we are moving toward serving those dedicated markets, and, at the same time, doing a much better job of urban marketing in general.” Chrysler hopes to make its ads more “ethnically neutral,” by de-emphasizing the race of people portrayed.

The companies will face a number of challenges, from a more jaded market and the lessened impact of arriving many years after others, to combining purposes with other urban targets. Nonetheless, gay market agencies are giddy with the visibility of Chrysler's interest and the carryover potential to other corporate marketers.

Old 23 December 2003, 04:12 PM
madras
Scooby Regular

Smile

TT Forum

madras
Old 23 December 2003, 04:13 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Yet more p(r)oof.

Warning: If you drive a Subaru, you might be sending an unintended message.

It's a SIAL but it's relevant.

[Edited by dosenöffner - 12/23/2003 4:15:18 PM]
Old 23 December 2003, 04:21 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

So they say the classic is a crock and ID says the audi TT beat a crock around the curcuit. So what time did the classic WRX get around the track then ?. I dont mean the new shape WRX or STI either . By my reckoning they have never taken a classic round the track so the classic is unbeaten

[Edited by chrisp - 12/23/2003 4:22:59 PM]

Quick Reply: Audi TT quicker than a Crock?