Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

V6 Clio!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2003, 08:58 AM
Dilster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

My mate has one of these ,in Newbury, IMO not mega fast but loads of torque , handling a bit dodgy , but the amount of attention you get in it from drivers and pedestrians is unreal. Now if they chucked a few turbos in it.....

[Edited by Dilster - 11/1/2003 8:59:20 AM]
Old 31 October 2003, 10:25 AM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

I was on my way to a business meeting this afternon. Whilst on the M6 I noticed a funky looking car coming up from behind fast, by the time I turned off onto the M61 he was right up behind me and I knew he wanted to play, it was quite on the motorway but we could not really get going, as everytime we got some space - trafiic built up, but by the time we reached Bolton, we had had a good dual. It was apparent the MY03 PPP had an advantage, but not much, we reached speeds of between 70-150mph and what amazed me, it was the first time I had opened up the car 'top end' and its scary how fast it gets up there, at 150 on the clock there was lots more left.

I thought the looks of this car (Clio) made the scoob look like a school teachers car....it looks like something off Buck Rogers In The 25th Century!!!

I know its a two seater, but I could see myself going for something like this as a weekend toy, I bought a 205GTi, but would like something a bit more.....my accountant wants me to take some dividends out of the company, so this might be something to treat myself on.

Does anyone know anything about these cars!

Mark

PS when I mentioned the M6 and M61 (Bolton), It was actualy on the Autobahn, in Germany, because Its against the law to do over 70 mph and I would not exceed the speed limit....just wanted to clear up that point.
Old 31 October 2003, 10:30 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Be careful talking about those sort of speeds mate .... You get slated for it on here. It gives the other drivers a bad name where the law is concerned. I believe a few boys in blue etc come on here .....
Old 31 October 2003, 10:33 AM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

What are you talking about, we were on the Autobahn!

Mark
Old 31 October 2003, 10:45 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

thats ok then
Old 31 October 2003, 11:42 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

150 on the clock there was lots more left
That I doubt very much. Aerodynamics (vmax affect?) and gearing probably won't allow much more than another 10mph or so.
Old 31 October 2003, 12:48 PM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

That I doubt very much. Aerodynamics (vmax affect?) and gearing probably won't allow much more than another 10mph or so.

I would class 'another 10mph' as a lot!

Mark

PS What do you drive?
Old 31 October 2003, 03:26 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts
I hate to point out the obvious, but there's a bit of a price difference between a 205 Gti and a V6 Clio!
Old 31 October 2003, 03:56 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Was it the new 255 model V6?

Old 31 October 2003, 07:01 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

Wild Mark - is yours the STI PPP or 'plain' WRX PPP?

Only reason I ask is I had a similar 'dabble' with one of these (not sure if it was the latest V6 or the first edition) a few weeks back in my 03WRXPPP and wouldn't really say I had any advantage at all on dual-carriageways and fast A roads.

I slowed at one point to let him come through and stepped on it as he went flying past and pretty much held the same gap up to fairly high speeds until we hit the next roundabout where he was slightly 'girlie' on the brakes shall we say I gave him a wave as he turned off but the grumpy sod just stuck his nose up

The V6 looked v nice but I think I'd kill myself in one on typical wet sh*tty UK roads. Had enough trouble keeping out of fields in my old 205gti

[Edited by blip - 10/31/2003 7:02:02 PM]
Old 31 October 2003, 09:38 PM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

Wilf, I think so, it had an 03 plate and looked brand new.

Mark
Old 31 October 2003, 09:40 PM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

Blip, Mine is the plain WRX PPP, I would say there was very little in the way of straight line speed, I gave him the opportunity to pass, but he did not have the grunt, he gave up after a while and slowed down.

Mark
Old 04 November 2003, 11:41 AM
woodmeister
Scooby Regular

Talking

I had to laugh. I was with the Missis and pointed out a said Clio and her comment was... "It's like putting a V6 in a coke can".
Old 04 November 2003, 11:56 AM
evoviifan
Scooby Regular

I had a straight line drag race with one of these away from some lights on a dual carriage way (all private roads) in my EVO VII FQ300 and it was not even close.

I opened up at least 10 car lenghts on him up to about 110.

I would have expected it to be a bit closer than that?

Still great cars, and very rare...i love em. Would have got one, but needed more than 2 seats!
Old 04 November 2003, 05:34 PM
Nuclear
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah, well it wouldn't stand a chance against an evo....
When I had my 98 Uk turbo impreza I had a drive of one......it looked the Dogs danglys, sounded amazing, was quick but it hadn't got the same manic acceleration as the impreza, think its about a second off and you could notice it. Very expensive and apparently haven't the best build quality........all that aside, I love them, but for wouldn't be quite thrilling / quick enough for me
Old 04 November 2003, 10:21 PM
H7
Scooby Regular

I looked at one last weekend - 1 year old, 550 miles on the clock! Priced at £23k (£27k new). Said I'd think about it. Checked on the internet and found that depreciation appears to be disastrous on these. Found a Jul-03 (not quite four months old) one with 6,800 miles for sale at a Renault dealer for under £16k! I can't afford to lose that much money so quickly, so I'm looking for something else.

They do look fabulous though, appear well built, but you can't get at the engine. I asked how I was supposed to check the oil and he said "you don't, you get an indication of the level on the dash". "What about topping up the oil, then", I asked. "The engine is not a customer-serviceable item", he said. LOL Could be a good buy in a year's time when, if the depreciation continues at that rate, I should be able to pick one up for two buns and a stick
Old 05 November 2003, 04:20 PM
evoviifan
Scooby Regular

If they keep dropping in price like that Im having one!

Wow...sod the oil top up issues, they will be well collectable in a few years. If only I had another garage...I would get one on a very limited mileage insurance deal as a second car.

Maybe in a few years when they are 10p buy one get one free