Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Top day out and settle some scores once and for all...(maybe)

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2003, 04:27 PM
chinnybloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello,

Anyone fancy getting a list of the "My car's faster than yours" arguments that have been simmering along on here for a while and all meeting up at Santa Pod at the next RWYB day? Should be a top laugh and get some real world figures for normal Joe Blogs drivers for standing quarters.

Just an idea....

Chinnybloke
Old 14 July 2003, 05:01 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

real world figures???????????????

have a 30-90 test to get figures that illustrate which is actually quicker. Or times round a track.

Standing start straight line tests don't really illustrate which car is faster in the 'real world'. It only really shows which can get off the line the best.

Yeah, do it if you wanna know which is fastest from a standing start to 1/4 of a mile. This will prove that only and won't prove who has the overall fastest car so the arguments and this vs that threads will still continue.

Old 14 July 2003, 05:15 PM
chinnybloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

I did mean just actual figures for standing quarters. They've been plenty "my XXXXX will easily beat yours from the lights" and then a panto type response of "Oh no it won't...I can beat what you drive".

I just reckon it would be a good laugh for a bunch to meet up and see the times they can really get when the pressure is on. Not that they'd be much p*ss taking on here afterwards if someone really messes it up! Of course not.

Safer to do it there anyway...they'll probably come out with accelleration (spelling?) cameras next month that flash you if you get to the speed limit too quick in the eyes of the big poofda lord of the roads.

Chinnybloke

[Edited by chinnybloke - 7/14/2003 8:03:33 PM]