Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Integra Type R to be officially launched?

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2003, 07:49 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone know if the newest model is going to be relased officially in the UK?
Was considering one of these (among others) as a potential replacement for my Impreza but was a bit concerned that it may be tricky to get parts for them if things go wrong as they aren't currently available from Honda UK? Anyone any thoughts on this point or have any experience of the car - if so, how good are they as I've not seen too much about them in the press?
Old 13 July 2003, 08:12 PM
C
Scooby Regular

AFAIK honda will not be officially importing it due to the Civic already being here
Old 13 July 2003, 08:15 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Can't remember which magazine it was but I read that Honda are actually considering bringing the ITR over to the UK.
Old 14 July 2003, 08:15 AM
Jason L
Scooby Regular

AFAIK the Integra will not be coming to the Uk... reason being is that Honda seem to think it will step on the CTR's toes (mad i know)..

Also economically they think why ship a car in from Japan (ITR) when the CTR is already made here in Swindon ?!?!

As for parts you should have no worries... most Honda dealers will access to the parts sheet for the DC5 ITR and a lot of the stock is actually kept in a Honda warehouse in Belgium so can be here on overnight delivery if needs be..

Servicing isnt a problem as essentially the engine is the same as the CTR so filters etc all interchange and again Honda dealers should not mind servicing them too

Go and test drive one if you can... great car... power slightly up on the CTR but the chassis is better in my opinion...

If you want to read some reviews... try looking at Litchfield imports site (www.litchfieldimports.co.uk) i think there are a couple of articles up there from when Iain had the racing type-r

Jevo
Old 14 July 2003, 10:07 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

scoobysnacks,

There are a couple of us on this board that have replaced scoobs with the ITR DC5 - me and Mkhan to name but two.

Compared to the scooby the car is just as much fun to drive if a little quieter. I find the suspension is a lot stiffer and hence feel a little rattled after driving but this is more than made up for with the buid quality and the interior finish - brushed aluminium dials for a start!

some piccies

I have been told by my local dealer that there are no plans to bring the ITR to the UK as we have the CTR. That said however, plans do change! One other thing though - my local dealer is more than happy to service the car and source parts for me, many of which are similar/same to the CTR. The Honda Revolutions car club has many of the UK dealers signed up with up to 25% discounts on parts and labour which is pretty good - I have 3 dealers within 9 miles of me, all with 20% discounts!
Old 14 July 2003, 01:05 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

I was also told that they wern't going to offically import them Still there a lot of $$$ £20kish arn't they?
Old 14 July 2003, 01:11 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

er... 20k? more like 15K!

try here

edited for correct url!

[Edited by SJ_Skyline - 14/07/2003 13:11:30]

Trending Topics

Old 14 July 2003, 03:04 PM
zero77
Scooby Regular

I still prefer the sleek lines of the DC2, I've got a great Jap video of two old DC"'s being raced against two new DC's on track, The DC's just beat the DC5's.
Old 14 July 2003, 03:35 PM
zero77
Scooby Regular

I still prefer the sleek lines of the DC2, I've got a great Jap video of two old DC"'s being raced against two new DC's on track, The DC's just beat the DC5's.
Old 14 July 2003, 06:03 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the info guys. Just a couple more things - you may think me a bit sad for asking, but how much space is there in the back/boot compared to a 4th gen prelude (once had a 93 model) and how do they compare to the Scooby for refinement on the motorway?
Old 15 July 2003, 09:08 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Smile

Dunno about a 4th gen Prelude, there is however easily as much space as a scooby saloon and the rear seats do fold flat.

On the Mway, I feel quite happy pootling along in the inside lane at 40 in rush hour (tends to be the fastest lane! and fewer people jamming their brakes on / cutting into the gap in front of you) Conversely, on a long journey blatting it up the country you do feel the bumps but the support from the recarros more than makes up for it.

(All IMHO off course!)
Old 16 July 2003, 12:11 AM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Saw a couple of these over at Powerstation last Friday, one white and one blue. Gorgeous IMHO. I've only had my Scoob for 1 month now and came from the classic CRX VTEC which was a great little car so I'm a Honda fan! I very much doubt that Honda will bring it to the UK though. Which is better in a way, pick one up new for 15k and have a very rare car which is always a good thing. Love my Scoob but when I saw the ITR in the flesh it did tug at my heart strings! And the best interior I've ever seen on a Honda.
Old 16 July 2003, 11:57 AM
dominicm
Scooby Regular

I was at at a track day at Oulton Park yesterday. There was a full tracked up ITR with Roll cage, slicks no interior etc!

Boy was it quick, I have a STI RA with plenty of power etc. and it just flew by me. It looked superb IMO!!

Dom.

Old 16 July 2003, 12:15 PM
Jason L
Scooby Regular

Ha ha that would be the racing type r i originally bought... Richard from Steels Honda has it now.... it is quick and the best bit is that the car is std in engine, exhaust and intake.. only mods are it being stripped out, 15's, baffled sump and usual race car bits like extinguisher and Mugen fully adjustable suspension..

he can certainly drive too which helps...

Jason

[Edited by Jason L - 7/16/2003 12:19:17 PM]
Old 16 July 2003, 12:41 PM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Talking

I love it ... is it better than my old scoob.. hmmmmm

I loved my old scooby .. the reason I got rid of it was high mileage and too common ... but for 3 years I had great fun in that car..

Moving to the TEG is a new driving experience.. firstly you need to understand what the car is doing and feel how its handling.. unlike the scooby with its four wheel drive where you could get away with a lot of things the TEG feels like it will be less forgiving if you chuck it into a corner too hard.. but saying that it means you are really driving this car... using the gears a lot more instead of just planting your foot down and waiting for the turbo to kick in...

Now before this turns into a my car is better than yours bollock$ .. i am not saying the TEG is better or faster than scoobs in general... IAM saying that I much prefer this car than my scooby...

I love the way the VTEC kicks in... I love the dash and recardo seats... I am use to lowered springs on my scoob so I was use to the hardness of the roads... but I have put spoon springs on my car and personally I think its a lot better and smoother than the scoob... of course if you hit a bump you know about it..

I like the fact I am so low down to the ground... and I love being able to redline the thing and it wants more and more... oh and did I mention the VTEC

the inside feels a hell of a lot more quality.. doors close nicely without the sound on tinny mental.. the glove box fits nice and no more squeaking from the cheap dashboard..

and best of all ..... hardly anyone has one

There is a lot of boot space and you can get two people in the back .. I had two people in the back for a trip to Holland at the weekend

All in all .. a great little car with looks and power to match ...

Mark

[Edited by Mkhan - 7/16/2003 12:44:36 PM]
Old 16 July 2003, 01:45 PM
guv...
Scooby Newbie

Question

Can't seem to find anywhere doing new one's for £15K. I know you can get the stripped out racing versino for £12K but that has no leccy windows, aircon and only one seat.

Is this the version people are talking about which is proably a bit too hardcore for me or there somewhere you can get the fully specced one for £15K coz for that price they would be a bargain.
Old 16 July 2003, 03:46 PM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Guv

You will not find a new one for 15K .. they are normally 21K or up

Second hand with, lets say 6,000 miles would cost around £16.995

Mark
Old 16 July 2003, 05:10 PM
guv...
Scooby Newbie

Cheers MKahn. Thought I was going mad. Still £17K ain't bad. Might have to go on my list of possibles for my next car.
Old 17 July 2003, 07:56 AM
Jason L
Scooby Regular

Guv,

As MKhan says you will be hard pushed to get a second hand one for 15K.. even the racing type R is 11,995 + VAT new... and thats not road legal... ohh and its a nightmare to get it road legal too and uneconomic.. you may just as well buy a std car with ABS, aircon and LSD and strip it out....

I've seen second hand ITR's range from 20K down to 16K with loads in between depending on mileage.... cracking car though.. bag yourself a test drive and you'll be sold !!

Jason
Old 17 July 2003, 09:57 AM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dominic,

This is the ITR you where talking about and it was one of the fastest cars on track

and here are a couple of you I think

P