Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

From a Scoob to an S2000

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2003, 08:04 PM
DuggE4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark, see my post on S2K about driving in the rain. I used to own an Impreza WRX and had 2 normal cars in between that and my latest car a MY03 S2000. After some intiial concerns about the S2000 I absolutely love it. I discovered I really knew sod all about real driving, everytime I drive this car (every day now as my daily driver) it still feels very special. I get lots of thumbs up, cheering and stuff from people which I didn't get much of with my WRX. Go under a bridge, roof down hitting VTEC and you will know what I mean, the sound is just so cool!

Do I regret it ? no not at all, I feel less compelled to drive around racing people in the S becos I couldn't care a less about what they are doing, Im just enjoying driving the car. It also feels alot faster at slower speeds which for me is a good thing. I love the LED dash, the whole car is so well put together.

My biggest worry about this car is leaving it parked anywhere a bit dodgy.

[Edited by DuggE4 - 7/2/2003 8:05:45 PM]
Old 30 June 2003, 08:14 AM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

Ive read some of the old S2000 threads on here, but I would be interested to hear the views of anyone who has sold their scoob and bought an S2000.

Im looking at a 02/03 nearly new model, and driving one on the weekend in the good weather made me really want one. However, driving to work this morning in the rain made me realise how good the scoob is in the wet and I found myself thinking "How would the S2000 be in this".

Ive read a lot on www.s2ki.com and on OEM tyres you really have to take it easy in the wet. The scoob is just great in the wet, and we do get more bad days than good in this country.

However, on a dry day with the roof down, getting in the VTEC zone sounds awesome.

Anyone bought one and regretted it?

Old 01 July 2003, 08:33 AM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

No one on here own an S2k then
Old 01 July 2003, 08:35 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Thought the oem tyres were SO2s? Whats wrong with them?
Old 01 July 2003, 09:20 AM
Type R
Scooby Regular

The S2000 is a handful in the wet, and it is essential you stick you stick to the OEM S02 PP.
Old 01 July 2003, 09:55 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The SO2's are fantastic in the dry and in the wet they are not bad but there are better. However, the only other tyre that people tend to put on them is Eagle F1's. Make sure the rears are 245's as the S02JZ's have a 245 footprint even though they are named 225.

Personally I love driving it in the wet, the levels of grip are lower and you can get the back out easier. It's requires a bit od skill if you push it but that's the whole point IMHO. If I wanted something easy to handle in the wet I'd get a AWD.

In the dry it's(back out) rarely gonna happen unless you really cane it (track days are amazing in an s2000 too! ) and know what you are doing.

MarkWRX - Post something similar to this on s2ki.co.uk as I know at least one ex scoob owner on there.
Old 01 July 2003, 11:36 AM
M8TT J
Scooby Regular

I useed to own a Prodrive Impreza and then an S2000 a couple of cars down the line.

I loved the S2000, was a great car and was a hoot to thrash around. Bullet proof and also although a handful in the wet it was very predictable and you could get the back round all the time on round abouts and tight corners and look like a driving god as it was very easy to correct.

Cheers Matt

Ex MY00 Silverstone/Back S2000 owner
Old 02 July 2003, 06:19 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

The early s2ks were a bit suspect in the way the back end was lost, but I understand that they improved the suspension settings on the later (02/03) models

My experience comes from searching various s2k resourses & scrapyards for scrapped S2ks - most of which I found had the rear ends trashed due to loosing the back end and sliding backwards into something

- Watch out for an s2k powered Westfield - same power - half the weight - twice the grins

Steve
Old 03 July 2003, 08:25 AM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

DuggE4,
Ive seen your post about the wet and that was one of my concerns. I think coming from the scoob which has awesome wet weather performance, I will just need to be careful with my driving style. It ia going to be my daily driver which was one of my concerns.

One of the guys on s2k who lives round the corner from me took me for a spin in his last night and I really enjoyed it, a totally different experience to the scoob but exhilerating and the sound is fantastic!

Interesting what you say about racing people. I dont 'race' , but sometimes feel compelled to have some spirited driving with other cars (like I did this morning with a CTR ), but it would sometimes be nice not to give a toss about other cars hassling you and drive for your own sake.

Everyone Ive spoken to who has one seems very passionate about it, and that is no bad thing.

BTW - I am MGW on s2k forum

Cheers
Mark
Old 03 July 2003, 01:50 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the new S2K is a mor sorted car than the original model, it is worrying how many I have also seen a scrap yard, but then I blame the owners not the cars, you have to have some respect in any RWD cars. They are very well put together.

I have 2 mates with them, and I have to say it may well be my next car in 6 months time or so. Love the new Monaco Blue. Also has a proper boot unlike many rag tops. Residuals are better than the scoob too