Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Pagani Zonda S

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2003, 03:32 PM
Alberick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody ever saw one in flesh? I saw one at a local "exclusive" car dealer but it was not the S version. Dare to ask if anybody ever driven one??

I want one!!! I did the calculation, if I move out of my appart, sell my Scoob, sleep under a bridge, eating maggots (*******?) and drinking rainwater, I can afford one in about 10 to 13 years...
Old 02 July 2003, 03:51 PM
soup dragon
Scooby Regular

Ask Mycroft.
He's probably seen one in his rear view mirror,whilst going 190+ mph in his dinosaurer
Old 02 July 2003, 04:14 PM
Alberick
Scooby Regular

mycroft is the guy with the (dino-)Soarer, right?
Well, that's a nice car too...especially the JDM twin turbo ones.

Old 02 July 2003, 04:55 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Mycroft has no doubt driven one extensively, raced one on his 'preferred' track in his souped up rice mobile and off coure beat it hands down.
Old 02 July 2003, 04:56 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

there is only one model,the C12s,i think the prototype was just a C12,but all new cars are C12s

I have been lucky enough to have been in one,and experienced its accelaration and I can confirm it feels faster than a Soarer

ps its incredible
Old 02 July 2003, 05:06 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Myself & Pete did at the Paris motorshow.......We both agreed that it was the stunner of the show, even though I'm a Ferrari fan the Enzo looked poor in comparison..........

What a car!
Old 02 July 2003, 08:55 PM
Indy Hundle
Scooby Regular

Seen one in the flesh on the road and they sound awesome, like an F1 car the guy who imports them lives around Gerrards Cross.He had his car on display at the Goodwood festival of speed last year.
Old 03 July 2003, 09:17 AM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Talking

I am fortunate to have been for a 20 min run in one! Until a couple of weeks ago my friend used to sell them. He worked for about 12 months with Eurosports cars as the Sales reprsentative for Zonda whilst the rest of the business was being setup. They now have a showroom in Slough I believe.

Awesome car, you wouldn't believe how quickly the thing accelerated up a slip road and onto a dual carriageway. It was approx 6 months ago and late at night, and when 'gunned' the Zonda got to 175+, on a 'private road' like the P1 accelerates to 60. I was gobsmacked and even a little wary as your senses need to readjust to that sort of power and ability to accelerate. The sound of course was like nothing else and C12 SRH had £6k+ of sports exhaust. I could hear it approx 1 mile from my home.

An experience that will be with me for the rest of my life. Petrol head heaven
Old 03 July 2003, 09:26 AM
Alberick
Scooby Regular

Sounds awesome, must have been a stunning experience just to be the passenger in this machine....

I read a test in a Belgian car mag yesterday... 425.000 Euro, they state that it is twice the cost of a Murcielago....and also that there are about 35 on the streets worldwide, so no big chance that I'll ever hear the exhaust note of this car...
Old 03 July 2003, 10:32 AM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

Went on holiday to Italy last month and my brother and I stopped off at Pagani's factory/HQ on the way back from making a Pilgrimage to Ferrari at Maranello. We didn't have time to fit in the Lambo factory too, unfortunately as we only had a day to do it in. We got all the info from an article in Evo the other month. I must upload my piccies of the day when I get round to it. Ferrari was brilliant, spent a few quid in the shop, did the museum, went round the back and watched the Enzo's, Stradales, disguised prototypes and mules coming out for testing. Had lunch at the famous Montana restaurant near the test track rather than at the official place. Parked our tatty diesel Astra estate hire car in the car park next to a Maybach, 6 Ferraris, a Lambo and lots of dodgy Lancia Limos.

Pagani was a bit of a disappointment after this. It's a really unassuming Unit on a nondescript industrial estate. It was all shut up when we got there too. We wandered round the back, however and got chatting to the guys working on the cars (thanks to football eh, the other universal language!). Got a close look at the hard and soft top Zonda's. Absolutely awsome!

Old 03 July 2003, 10:42 AM
Sennadog 93
Scooby Regular

Yep, I followed one a few months ago on the M25 (it was silver) and for a laugh I floored my car as we pulled away from some traffic to see how much quicker he was.

My car was reasonably quick at that time but he was just in another dimension and the sound was just fantastic - sheer quality.

To be fair, I did have my wife, two dogs and some luggage in the car.

Old 03 July 2003, 02:13 PM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

Passed one coming in the opposite direction on the road through Stoke Poges towards Slough. It appeared to take up the whole side of the road and looked magnificent from behind with the exhausts in the middle.