Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Any blokes drive 206CC on here ?

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2003, 06:42 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
as you might have seen i am getting rid of her, RB5 WR Sport , for sale section, and a pal has offered me one of these for good money , so might buy it and have some cheap motoring for 12 months , any thoughts, how small are they to drive, what are they like to drive ???
Cheers

james....
Old 16 June 2003, 06:49 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

they are a bit girly
Old 16 June 2003, 06:50 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

said the guy with a Fiat Punto
Old 16 June 2003, 07:26 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

there is a guy @ work drives one and ......well....it makes him look a bit.....girly ....OK, more than just a bit !!
Old 16 June 2003, 07:29 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Weren't they recently voted the gayest car!

Anyway, my mate's G/F has one. Check the roof and apart from that check the normal 206 stuff. Not quick though.
Old 16 June 2003, 10:31 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

I know they are a bit girly but its a 2001 Y plate 23,000 miles full spec inc leather etc for 9k, cheapest on autotrader is about £11,500 ???

Is it worth being a big girly for the summer ???
Old 16 June 2003, 10:59 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

no, surly not....its not even girly like an mx5 where at least its a good sports car.

you may as well say your mate has a cheap boob tube and thong combo and it to go a price to turn down!
Old 16 June 2003, 11:16 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Don't do it.
Old 16 June 2003, 11:31 PM
bobfrog1
Scooby Regular

I drove a mate's a few weeks back, my foot kept catching the steering rack and also the dashboard below the steering wheel when I changed gear, the pedals are also really close together..... it isnt designed for men!!!
Old 16 June 2003, 11:44 PM
IwantAscoob
Scooby Regular

they are a nice car, but you look like a gay.
Old 17 June 2003, 07:56 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Definitely a no no

Gastro
Old 17 June 2003, 08:18 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

gay
Old 17 June 2003, 08:22 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my fiancee has one, deff more of a girls car than a blokes. I also find the pedals are too close together.
Old 17 June 2003, 01:01 PM
NeilCH
Scooby Regular

James

My wife has one, i'd really hesitate to recomend one to anyone who like driving.

Its slow (doesn't feel anywhere near 137bhp)
It has a very very odd driving position and I just cannot get sorted behind the wheel (5ft 11)
The pedals are oddly spaced, I quite often catch brake and throttle at the same time (worse than an elise or caterham and i've only got size 7 feet)
You do catch your foot on the steering column
Peugeot dearlers are s***e in my experience

On the good side the roof has always been Ok on ours (one of the early ones)
Service every 20,000k or 2 years keeps costs down
The boot is bigger than you think, we can get push chairs + shopping and still get roof down

Overall its just not a drivers car, its fine for my wife (not a sexist slur, my wife hates driving) gets from A to B ok with the kids in and allowin you to catch some rays on a sunny day

Rgds
Neil

PS Scuttle shake, how could i forget, its hideous.....

Old 17 June 2003, 01:13 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

clever roof but a bit limp wristed if you are a proper bloke
Old 17 June 2003, 01:30 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I've seen a few and only ever seen young ladies (blonde with baseball cap) driving them. Anyone ever seen a geezer driving one?
Old 17 June 2003, 02:06 PM
Witchfinder
Scooby Regular

Anyone ever seen a geezer driving one?
I saw a man driving one over the weekend. I use the term "man" in the loosest sense, ie: blonde highlights, tan, camp sunglasses, etc...

In fact, as my Skoda shrieked off ahead of him, I could almost imagine hearing him shout "Ooooh, you big silly!"

[Edited by Witchfinder - 6/17/2003 2:07:28 PM]
Old 17 June 2003, 02:14 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

LOL

You should have shouted "chase me"
Old 17 June 2003, 02:49 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

lol at all the comments ... the wife wants it so then i can us her BMW for a while , not to sure.....

oh well if the scoob doesn't go then its not a problem !!
Old 17 June 2003, 07:07 PM
DuggE4
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't be seen driving one :O)

Not that I can, my size 11's have major problems with the pedals being too close together, not to mention the steering column.
Old 17 June 2003, 07:48 PM
white van man
Scooby Regular

driven a 206 on plenty of occasions and can't stress enough whats been said about the pedels being so close together, borders on dangerous for me, mind i am a big bugger though.
Old 17 June 2003, 10:32 PM
FezzR
Scooby Newbie

GAY BAR!
just what sprung to mind

think it would be the same to drive a steet KA (saw blokes driving both) but personally a no no for me

[Edited by FezzR - 6/17/2003 10:33:56 PM]
Old 17 June 2003, 10:53 PM
SkodaMan
Scooby Regular

There are far better cabriolets in the second hand market for under £10 K.
Old 18 June 2003, 01:14 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

I think they look really nice and my girlfriend wants one. very small inside
Old 18 June 2003, 10:13 AM
Erm 33
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I was given this link by someone cause yes i'm a bloke and yes i do have a pug 206 cc........

yeh ok i'm only 19 and have had it for 2 years so before i start gettin queer comments thrown at me tell me a better car to get for ya first car that a 17 year old could get insured on????

Another thing is..... yeh ok you mostly see lovely young blonde females driving CCs eh? yeh i shud know that cuz i've pulled most of em, its a great car for things like that :-p When its hot and sunny you cant beat a cabrio....NUFF SAID

Driving position altho while it aint perfect (which car does have a perfect one?) its fine. Pedals are a little close together at first but you get used to it after a couple of hrs. They aint the quickest, but were never built to be.

To be honest mate just ignore these lot cuz its a great little car, when its sunny you cant beat a convertible and its a great bird puller and gets you loads of admiring looks from passer-bys.

Oh and last thing why would it be called gay? Is it cause it is one of the most good looking cars on the road at the moment? Thats not a bad thing in my book

If ya get one then come over to my website www.pug-cc.com (not sure if i'm allowed to link to sites if i'm not then mods can delete the link) and we'll give ya all the advice or help ya need.

Erm - Admin pug-cc.com
Old 18 June 2003, 10:58 AM
Scotsman
Scooby Regular

My wife has a 206 CC (2.0) and I do drive it occasionally. I'm 6'4" and 15.5st - so not a small chappie.

The driving position isn't wonderful - since you can't adjust the steering wheel - but it's not that bad. I've not found the pedals an issue (I've got size 13 feet).

When I had the Scooby I found the 206 CC performance wise very disappointing (but then against the Scooby most things were!) - but now I'm Scoobyless I'm enjoying my drives in the CC more and more.

Would we get another? Not sure - I would probably try and swing her towards a Puma - but if you really want a convertible then the hard top is great. Massive differance having that in the winter.

I've never really trashed or thrown the CC round the corners so don't know how good the handling on the extremes is but in general we're very happy with the car.

Would I buy one for myself? No would have to be the answer. I'd get an MX5 if a convertible was a must and a Puma if I wanted a small nippy run around.

Richard.
Old 18 June 2003, 01:00 PM
NeilCH
Scooby Regular

Richard

Agree, its a good little car, just not a great sports car.

As for handling limits it actually got quite good grip for a front driver, I guess the 45 profile tyres help out here.

You have to be careful on the country road as the chassis flex combined with bumps in road have the roof catches coming undone

Rgds
Neil
Old 18 June 2003, 02:45 PM
Erm 33
Scooby Newbie

never once have i heard of the roof catches coming undone on their own and i have owned one for 2 years and have been on 206CC forums since the car was released *rolls eyes*

the reason its not a great sports car is because its not a sports car......if you want a sports car go buy an S2000

never once has the 206CC claimed to be a sports car ur judging the car totally wrong
Old 18 June 2003, 03:33 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with ERM33 on this one if i wanted a sports car it would be different, what i was trying to work out of for the price i can get if for, is it:
a) a good buy bearing in mind the wife will nick it most of the time anyway.
b) apart from looking a bit gay and like a girl according to most on here,( which i'm biggenough and brave enough to cope with if need be, luvs !)
what else is their that might look as good etc- and before you say it i don't like MX5's.
Incidently the chap i may buy it from uses it as his second car, his first is a Bently Mulsane Turbo LWB , and they certainly aren't gay !!
Old 18 June 2003, 05:34 PM
NeilCH
Scooby Regular

Erm 33

Not sure I like the insinuation, but I can assure you the roof catches do come undone on my wife’s car, surprised me when it happened and when I mentioned it to her she said it happens quite regularly. Sounds like it just our car, fair enough, time to speak to crap dealer again.

I agree its not a sports car, I guess I’m not making my self clear, I don’t like it as a drivers car, its nothing like the 205 GTI’s and 309GTI’s I had when I was younger. I agree if you want a sports car then buy something else (elise or caterham for me thanks)

My comments were not meant to be derogatory (I own one) and I’ve never said they were gay as I drive my wife quite often on a sunny day. LoL she even has a reg plate reading *** LYN and I still drive it about.

As I’ve said before a good little car, and great for catching the rays on a sunny day.

Rgds
Neil

PS Should add my wife loves it, the 2 girls at work that own them love them as well. One came to 206cc ownership from an S2000, she reckons the 206cc is the best car she’s ever owned. Each to their own, horses for courses etc etc

Quick Reply: Any blokes drive 206CC on here ?