Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Why I couldn't do it........

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2003, 08:13 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well.... I had the sale all lined up and the 911 was ready to go... the S3 was there ready and waiting.
Realisation struck me during the test drive with the 'would-be' buyer - who was clearly excited about the car....... alas - reality struck and I started asking the questions.. Why ? What am I doing ?
Having spent a small fortune on the car I realised - this was never going to be a painless relationship - but for some reason I couldn't let it go - the reason being simply - Passion.
This is the first car I have ever owned that does something for me - that X factor - whatever.
So - I withdrew my offer to sell and my offer to buy - and I have no regrets. The car is worth every penny - to me.
I'm going to keep this car for a while longer. It gives me something that most people don't experience. The 911 is truly a legend

More piccies tommorrow.

Gastro
Old 29 March 2003, 09:46 PM
Gina G-force
Scooby Regular

Cool

Oh I know that conundrum so well!! Glad for you that you've decided to keep the 911. I still get the withdrawal syptoms, but won't go back...I couldn't afford 911's any more.

When I had them, and they went through an expensive patch and common sense told me to sell, I'd go out for a good blast and come home feeling on top of the world, with thoughts of selling dispelled. I'll always remember my 911 driving days.

Keep on with the Sturm und Drang!!
Gina G
Old 29 March 2003, 10:15 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what you mean, you get to points in ownership where you feel like "if one more thing goes wrong. or this costs me another pennie, its sold!!" but the good days offset that, and somthing makes you feel like its worth it.

No experience of 911's, but going through that with my RX7, and I find myself contemplating cutting my losses, and getting something normal, but I know I wont, I just couldnt!!

Good luck with it, hell of a car, and you only live once, may as well make it interesting, think an S3 would have been extremely dull in comparison.
Old 30 March 2003, 12:05 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Cool

Here we go.... whats the verdict then ?

Gastro
Old 30 March 2003, 12:25 PM
malvinas
Scooby Regular

Lovely- that looks the business. I love 911's- especially proper air cooled ones like yours.
Old 30 March 2003, 09:28 PM
Gina G-force
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Davyboy has said it somewhere before...

"Respect the Porker"

Niiiiiiiiiiiccceeeeee motor, Mr Gastro

Gina G
Old 30 March 2003, 09:59 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Not bad, whats it go like?

Trending Topics

Old 31 March 2003, 07:36 AM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 944 Turbo which was costing me a fortune to run on a monthly basis (I worked it out that it was costing about £750 per month in maintenance costs). I bought a brand new MY00 Impreza to replace the 951 with and for a while I had both cars as I was trying to sell the Porsche privately.

Every morning I would get up to go to work and longingly look at the Porsche as I got into the Impreza. 2 or 3 times a week I would take the Porsche instead. Wish I could have afforded to keep the Porsche really......
Old 31 March 2003, 07:39 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

I agree - the car is expensive to run....
Its a catch-22 though - if something goes wrong - you *must* get it done or else it starts to taint your enjoyment of the car.

This car goes pretty well - its 14yrs old ! - but with 3.2 litres it has plenty of torque. Handling is 'exciting' on the limit

Gastro