Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Honda Dealers and CTR deals

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2003, 08:05 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Went along to one of the local Honda dealers today to find out deals on the CTR and trade-in value on my RB5. The sales guy asked for my keys and had a good look over my car, then took it for a very brief 2min drive.

First words were "the car's minted m8". "Thanks, it's been well looked after", I said. So I'm thinking he might give me a good trade-in on a new CTR. 10mins later he and the sales manager come back and say £10,500.

My car has just had 4 new tyres fitted, full MOT'd/Tax's till the end of the year. Bodywork and alloys are in fantastic condition for 4yrs use, the interior is just like new and it has a full Dealer service history. I even just stuck some brand new car mats in it. They only need to stick it on their forecourt and stick a for sale sign on the thing.

He then tells me that they have two CTR's for immediate delivery (as if that's gonna make me jump at any deal) and they can even offer me a 30th anniversery one (again, that's not going to clinch the deal). He admitted that they no nothing about Impreza's and just quoted a std MY99 car in good condition.

Am I going to be up against the same at any other Dealer? I was offered £12.5K for the car a few months back, but then I thought that was quite low (private sale).

I'm going along to another Honda dealer tomorrow, but I was not impressed that the Dealer had no idea about rival manufacturers.

Anyone went from a Scoob to a CTR and what was your experience of the Dealers?

Stefan
Old 25 January 2003, 08:15 PM
maxx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been to 2 honda dealers in the midlands area enquiring bout a ctr i have no part exchange and still cant get a good enough deal out of them i.e a discount .. looking thru the autotrader site private sales of ctrs dont seem to bare out the dealers claims of excellent resale values only ones that seem to be selling are in 12- 13k price ranges god knows what the franchises are offering these people.
Old 25 January 2003, 08:22 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

yeah, they gave me the story of 2nd-hand cars with low-milage going for just 500 quid less than a new one. With only a 3-4 week wait + at least 3 for immediate delivery I can't see them having that sort of resale value.

If it was a 8-9 month wait, then fair enough. Dealers just don't seem to want to sell you a car these days

If they're not willing to put in the effort, I'll take my business elsewhere or even get an EU import.

Stefan
Old 25 January 2003, 10:19 PM
maxx
Scooby Newbie

last dealer i went to (coventry) had 3 brand new cars on the premises and still tried to sell me their demonstater for £500 less than list and also tried to convince me, that a simple induction kit will up the power too 300 bhp, ( how nieve do they think we are )it was at this stage i decided enough was enough
Old 25 January 2003, 10:31 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Yeah, they mentioned their demo car to me too. The alloys were all kerbed and I'm sure it'd been ragged to an inch of it's life. I passed on that one too.

I'm off to another tomorrow, so we'll see how they compare.

Stefan
Old 25 January 2003, 10:47 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Talking

ur lovely RB5 for 10500

deal

sounds similar to when i went to a bmw garage early last year...
was looking at a 3 series coupe 323
was offered 10500 for my my99 PPPed car

shop around i reckon... but what was the car like to drive?

did u instantly miss the scoob?

oh, YHM too.. sent it before i found this post
Old 25 January 2003, 11:01 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hey Phil,

Never test drove it m8 It was very wet and I had my 10yr old little sister with me (was teaching her at the indoor climbing centre), so didn't think I'd get a good impression of it's performance and handling. Was very unimpressed with the Dealer in Falkirk, so didn't want it take things any further.

Gonna try Parks in Hamilton tomorrow and give the car a test drive then. Failing that, it's off to the one in Edinburgh next week.

The brakes looked very small with a strange caliper design. I've heared the brakes are pretty good, but will need to wait until tomorrow.

Watch this space

Stefan
Old 26 January 2003, 01:49 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Give my mate at Fawcetts Honda in Newbury a call.

His name is Eric and he is the sales manager. He is an enthusiast and is open to a bargin as long as your not a *****!

Also cash in back door may help with low finance....

Cant promise anything as you need to go have the chat yourself however he is a good guy... mention me and ask what can be done... as long as he is convinced you are serious he will deal!
Old 27 January 2003, 10:16 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Ozzy - Litchfield Imports were doing them for around £13k~ IIRC

I was also unimpressed with Phoenix Honda
Old 27 January 2003, 03:59 PM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

at the end of the day you will not get from a dealer a good px value, they don't care about mods etc. Sell it privately and go to them with the cash from your sale and you are more likely to get a deal as well as they then don't have to worry about your motor then
Old 28 January 2003, 09:18 PM
MoSizlak
Scooby Regular

I've test drove a CTR Cos its one of the cars I'm thinking of having next. I do like it but obviously it was quite new and needed to loosen up a bit,but I got back in mine (VTS) and felt that it drove alot better. Could you really go from an RB5 to a CTR though? Surely its a backwards step. It was a bit moist underfoot when I drove one and it was spinning all over the place!
Also I don't think I'd ever buy an ex-demonstrator.The lad in the place I went to did'nt exactly wait for the car to warm up before giving it 8000 revs.