Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Boxster warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2003, 09:13 AM
Robyn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been offered a Boxster by a friend. Ive wanted one for a while so will probably go for it. Got a question for any boxster owners etc

Just wanted to check the Boxster warranty. Cant see anything on the official web site but am I right in thinking its 2 years warranty? Does that include breakdown cover? Also and probably most important can you extend this cover?

I only ask as the engine in this was replaced 3k miles ago and Im not sure I want to deal with that outside of a warranty
Old 07 January 2003, 10:19 AM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

Was the engine replaced under warranty by an OPC?

If so then it is likely that the replacement engine will have come with its own 2 year warranty from the date of installation..

The rest of the car should have come with a 2 year warranty from Porsche but again you'd need to see evidence of that.

If your friend bought the car from an OPC then they should be able to clarify everything for you.

Old 07 January 2003, 10:31 AM
Robyn
Scooby Regular

Thanks

yeah the car was a year old when the work was carried out and is just over a year old now. It was all main dealer stuff so I will check out the engine and warranty.

Just found out extended warranty is about £750 a year from porsche! which is a worrying amount of money!