Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

HELP PLEASE REGARDING CLIO 172 SPORT

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2002, 10:16 PM
benview7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone help me? I am looking to buy a new or 52 reg Clio 172 Sport ( Not Cup Model) for my wife, I have searched around the internet and the best deal I can come up with is a New one Uk spec minus Alarm for £11995 but the catch They then add on a further £275 for Road tax etc. can anyone on Scoobynet help me beat this price and I want this car No later than next Friday the 3rd January . Am I being unrealistic? or can anyone come up with something better I have just sold her Peugeot 206 GTI and am looking for something nice to replace that with suggestions? but I need a car quickly. If any of you have any contacts ie work for renault or a Supermarket site, perhaps you could get in touch? Thank you all for your help PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Old 29 December 2002, 10:44 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Try here
Old 30 December 2002, 07:41 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

H in shock horror linking to Cliosport

well done m8 you was obviously awake when i keep posting the website for clios

Benview : good luck with the purchase m8. not sure you'll find a new one so quickly or even a 2nd hand one.

my better ½ bought her 5 month old 172 in early Dec. we looked for a new one but the dealers said about 5-6 weeks......none of them have/had new 172's in stock at the time cos they said Renault UK were only sending out the Cups....which she did not want.

not many 2nd hand ones for sale either at the time down here. you mite have more luck if anyone has decided to move from a 172 to the Cup.

nice car they are. quick and all the necessary toys.

oh and make sure you do check out Cliosport - someone on there might know of a car for sale somewhere......

steve

[Edited by Steve Perriam - 12/30/2002 7:49:25 AM]
Old 30 December 2002, 10:39 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

http://www.trade-sales.co.uk have Clio Sport 172's in for £11,699 and they only charge £252 extra.
They currently have 3 in all Iceberg Silver with Aircon, Alloys and leather.
It's quite a long way from your location, but I believe they are the cheapest in the UK.
You could also try these guys, who also do good prices and are a good bit closer to you:-
http://www.carpartnership.com/
Old 30 December 2002, 07:19 PM
benview7
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, checked out TRADE SALES BEWARE!!!!!!!! the cars they are selling have NO WARRANTY and are brought in from CYPRUS they tried to sell me their own 3 year warranty and by the time you add on the alarm the warranty their fees and Road tax it comes out about £12650 on the road, plus you still have the Insurance Problem because it is a Parrel import and not an EU one. I have managed to find but no yet purchased A Brand New 2003 UK Model supplied from Renault Main Dealer direct to my door 1 years RFL 3 years warranty alarm system for £13,050 and this looks like a brilliant deal I think plus no worries as it is a UK supplied car, they also offere me the cup version for £11,350 which was tempting but it is a bit sparce inside I think and does not have quite a few things that the sport has. Well I have a lot to think about to-night as I have to make a decisiopn to-morrow. Thank you for all your help it is very much appreciated.
Old 30 December 2002, 07:24 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
£13 isn't a million miles off euro import price. I'd grab that deal myself. Obviously the advantage of Uk over Euro, is the Cat 1 alarm and 3 year warrentee.
I say go for the 172 over the Cup. Personally i'd miss the toys. I've never had the toys so maybe thats why i'd pick it.
Old 30 December 2002, 07:35 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

Ben where were you given the price on the Cup??
Old 30 December 2002, 08:03 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

benview7: Thanks for the info on Trade Sales.
Renault UK will honour a 3 year warranty on any Renault Clio sold in the UK.
A friend of mine has one which came from www.carpartnership.com and it came with a Renault 2 year warranty, but you can phone up Renault and give them the chassis number and they extend it for the full 3 years.
Not sure why you have an insurance problem with a 'parallel import', I have a Jap import and it's never really been a problem with that, so a French car which is identical to the UK model shouldn't be a problem.
I was offered a similar price for the Cup version from a Renault dealer in Aldershot.

BTW: My friends Clio has already had a few faults:-
a) Water bottle all of a sudden started to leak and lost ALL water instantly. Fixed under warranty.
and (more importantly)
b) Horrible grinding sound started to come from the front of the engine. I diagnosed it as a cam belt tensioner problem (just on the sound!!) and sure enough it turned out the tensioner had a fracture in it. Replaced under warranty and with 9hours labour just as well. Took 2 weeks to source the part though.
Car has only done 2000miles so far, so rather bad that it's started off with these problems.
He does like it though and it's starting to open up as the miles pile on.

[Edited by Sheepsplitter - 12/30/2002 8:04:10 PM]

[Edited by Sheepsplitter - 12/30/2002 8:05:09 PM]