Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

any1 raced a civic type r?
Old 17 December 2002, 11:24 PM
steve G MAN
Scooby Regular

from what i hear these babys handle fantastic ive also read that there posibly one of the best handlers
Old 17 December 2002, 11:29 PM
turbo bob
Scooby Regular

Smile

raced 1 when i had a cracked coil pack,thier definetly quick though.
what u got?
Old 17 December 2002, 11:31 PM
steve G MAN
Scooby Regular

scoob mate
Old 17 December 2002, 11:58 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i did, blew him away easy ,he had wife and kids in it but i cant belive this made enough of a difference to allow for the ground i pulled on him in just a short distance.

T
Old 18 December 2002, 12:04 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've hung around several in the Edinburgh area (hung around DOES NOT = 1 foot of rear bumper) in a hope for something but I've not even had a bite
Old 18 December 2002, 02:39 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

ah ha the old boy racer baiting

I've never managed to get mister 30 ish in a civic to bite yet either
Old 18 December 2002, 07:46 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Wink

Had a run in with one a couple of months back. He was on my bumper as we accelerated off the roundabout and up dual carriage way, not sure if he would have really pulled away though. It really surprised me, but then i realised that my MY02 had only done about 1500 miles and i've noticed recently how much loser it is (6500m). I also hadn't realised at that time how many revs you needed before dumping the clutch to get a real good get away.
I'll have you next time mr Red civic in birmingham area (are you here?)
Old 18 December 2002, 08:16 AM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Having a test drive in one today...
Old 18 December 2002, 11:20 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Oh look, another Civic vs Scooby thread.

Yaaawwwwnnnnnn....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

[Edited by lpitt - 12/18/2002 11:22:30 AM]
Old 18 December 2002, 11:44 AM
Pie_n_Chips
Scooby Regular

Location: up a bit, left a bit, down a bit, to the right no left ahhh just there
It still amazes me that some people try to race cars with kids in, you outta be fooking shot mate
Old 18 December 2002, 12:09 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

Who's been racing with kids?

I don't bait! Even if I'm presented with the perfect car on the perfect road in the perfect conditions I can't bring myself to entice another driver to play. If I go and they go then great, if not then there will be other times and there is always Crail. I'm sure there will be some civics to play with there
Old 18 December 2002, 12:36 PM
GammonRoll
Scooby Regular

Angry

No offence but grow up.

No wonder scooby drivers get a bad name.

Gamm
Old 18 December 2002, 12:49 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Old 18 December 2002, 03:00 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

Can't remember which thread it was on but in the last couple of weeks Saxo Boy was saying that he never races on public roads

So what's with:

'I've hung around several in the Edinburgh area in a hope for something but I've not even had a bite'

Amazing how this guy quite obviously is your typical boy racer/ned but desperately wants everyone to think otherwise, only problem is he forgets that the same people read the posts where he contradicts himself. Still it is funny just reading his pathetic attempts to justify/explain/excuse his exploits.

Or even funnier is when he ties himself in knots trying to tell everyone how his Saxo was as fast as a Scoob, but that now his scoob is so much faster than anything (especially hot hatches) but that Saxos can still keep a scooby in check ??????

Or even better how within a week of owning a scoob he was the world's oracle on them

And what about the bullsh*t on fuel-surge. Priceless

Great entertainment.
Old 18 December 2002, 03:04 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Wink

roflmao.

cmonlaurence u know the civic is slooooooooooow compared to the scoob.

Old 18 December 2002, 06:25 PM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

Hopefully I'll be able to tell a bit more shortly. I'll be getting my new CTR at the end of jan and my dad will be having my Sccoby MY 99 (minimal mods)
Give me a few weeks to run it in and I'm sure the old boy will be ready for a few blasts - in the name of scientific testing of course. And on the track of course!!!
Old 18 December 2002, 07:16 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Angry

Blip in 3000 posts I've never said this but.......no matter how big and skilled you are 'I'd hit you' if you said that to my face. Now I'm not an agressive person and hitting you would be immature BUT what you said has pissed me off. A lot!!!!!!!!! What the **** give you the right to make such assumptions about me!!!!!

I do not race!!!! FACT!! I'll sometimes floor it away from a roundabout, etc and 95% of the time I'm on my tod with no other cars around. However, on the odd occassion there might be another car around and we get the chance to compare straightline performace. If you honestly believe this is wrong then I question why you bought a performance car you surely should just buy a diesel and reep the benefits of fuel economy.

If I did come off a roundabout with a Type R what the **** would be the point in me flooring it first. I'd take an immediate lead and by the time he downshifted and tried to stop the damage I'd be off and we'd get no idea of the comparitive difference between the two vehicles. If I can be bothered and its safe I'll wait and see if the other driver fancies booting his car and if not then thats fine and I continue on my merry way.

Just so happens that the last time I tried to 'bait' a civic type R I had Sipie in the car as a witness (please correct me if anything is wrong here mate). We turned off down a long straight 60mph road with me behind him, no cars in front and no oncomming traffic. I maintained a safe distance - about 2-3 car lengths and probably further away that your average white van driver and I held 2nd gear to higher revs that I should (ok, so holding the cogs was boyracerish ) I'm fairly confident he'd know a scooby was behind him, has distinctive lights and scoop afterall. I didn't intimidate him in anyway, just maintained my safe distance - he didn't floor it. I won't hide my dissapointment, I'd have liked to have seen what the type-r is capable off but I didn't move in closer, flash my lights, turn on neons or adjust my cap. I simply changed to 5th to cruise and left him to it

I challenge you to find a post where I say a Saxo will keep up with a subaru....have fun You'd be suprised at the lack of difference between the 130hp run of VTS v's a standard uk WRX. I've not compared my car any hot-hatchs but frankly given its spec I wouldn't expect the current run of standard hatches to be a problem. My scooby is nothing special, only mildly tuned but its usefully quicker than standard classic UK's and therefore should be comfortably quicker than hatches

Gam, was that at me, turbo bob or both?
Old 18 December 2002, 08:06 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

The defence rests m'lud.
Old 18 December 2002, 08:18 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Hairy muff...but there is no crime, no judge, no jury........hence........no problem If I have a crash, get caught speeding, pulled over by the police for a ticking off, etc then I promise I'll post on here and take my lashings...until then my squeeky clean record speaks for itself

Edited to say touch wood

[Edited by Saxo Boy - 12/18/2002 8:20:15 PM]
Old 18 December 2002, 09:31 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

ooooooooooohhhhhhhh

Edited for the corner.......

[Edited by S.B. - 12/18/2002 9:31:51 PM]
Old 18 December 2002, 09:36 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well i tried a civic today and it was a very nice drive.

Thankyou....
Old 19 December 2002, 09:07 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Have a look in this weeks Autocar for performance figures for the CTR, makes interesting reading compared against standard WRX, also figured this week.
For all those that slag it for lack of low down grunt, compare the 50-70 times in top.
Old 19 December 2002, 12:06 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

What are the stats moose? The reason I've taken so much interest in this thread is cause I like the CTR and have driven one. It was very fast when VTEC'ing and I'd be very interested to see the difference, or more likely lack of difference, between my car and a CTR.
Old 19 December 2002, 02:29 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

I'd have liked to have seen what the type-r is capable off but I didn't move in closer, flash my lights, turn on neons or adjust my cap.
LMAO

Chris
Old 19 December 2002, 04:39 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Blip

If I were you, I'd stay out of this one as:

A) You don't know the guy
B) Like me, you probably got a bit xenaphobic towards the name "Saxo Boy"

Kenny's got quite a bit to learn and I'm sure it was his initial excitement at owning a scoob so young that got him flamed stupid for telling the rest of SN what he has been up to

Yes I was there the evening he has mentioned v the CTR and he certainly didn't provoke the guy, he stayed well off his bumper, and when the guy didn't appear like he wanted to race in anyway, Kenny ignore him and toddled on his way.

Now, kenny has his moments, who doesn't but I'd say that considering the power his car has, for a guy his age, he is pretty sensible and restrained. If I'd been that age, in that car, then I'd be buried in a hedge by now

As for
Or even better how within a week of owning a scoob he was the world's oracle on them
that comment, I can safely say that Kenny has done rediculously thorough research on scoobs prior to buying one and I'd had mine for about 6 months when I got to know him and he knew tonnes more than I did....

Not attacking you blip, but just a general defence of Kenny who is guilty of being a complete petrol-head but not much more than that

PS No I'm not gay and I don't fancy Kenny.
Old 19 December 2002, 04:46 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Wink

xxxxx for you later Sipie

(where is that little puprle smilies with the gay hand when you need it!!?)
Old 19 December 2002, 04:58 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 12/19/2002 4:58:39 PM]
Old 19 December 2002, 05:13 PM
Mega
Scooby Regular

If i might return to subject, i have owned a CTR for 6 months now. Done just over 6,000 miles. I have driven a Scobby but it was a RB5 with an anti-lag kit on it! so its hard to give a view.

Mine is quick if you are in the mood, had a couple of good runs in it. Try not to "Race" people because over the years i have seen them do some damed silly things.......and RTA as a result.

I find getting traction in the damp a major problem, and i as yet have not taken it on a track day. The rear end would slide quite a bit when new, but after 2,000 miles it seemed to bed down ok. The gear change is every bit as good as they say. I tend to miss changers in all my other cars, i have never missed a gear in this one.

Its a Honda, so nothing has gone wrong, i know 4-5 people about this end of Liverpool who have them and they say the same. I keep hearing odd tales of this and that but i have never had any.

Try before you buy.
Regards.
Mega
Old 19 December 2002, 05:56 PM
GammonRoll
Scooby Regular

Saxo,

I was passing comment on the tone of the post. lpitt probably sums up what I meant better.

I don't believe in saying anything via BBS or e-mail that you wouldn't say to someones face, hence the no offence bit.

Gamm

Quick Reply: scooby v civic