Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Why are Sunaru Owners so Scared of the new Focus RS ??

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2002, 05:55 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

You lot seem frightened that the Focus will beat your Imprezas, now why is this??

On the Mitsubishi Evo forum theres been no mention of the Focus, yet on here theres virtually a different thread ever day!

If theres nothing between the Impreza and Evo in performance, then surely this is alittle strange no?
Old 11 December 2002, 06:03 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

i am scared of nothing, honest.
Old 11 December 2002, 06:08 PM
OLD-DOG
Scooby Regular

Probably because most people on scoobynet don't own scoobys. most of them own Fords or havn't got a licence yet.
Evo forum has evo owners who don't give a damn what the kids think they just get on with enjoying there cars, as most scooby owners do.

Old 11 December 2002, 06:10 PM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

Rich,
Frightened is the wrong word me thinks. Curious, respectful, amused even might be better ways of describing the interest on here!
All recent Evo's are similar in performance, all Imprezas are not, so the comparison is a little naive
They're more frightened of the 'ugly bug eye' than the RS LOL
Chill
Old 11 December 2002, 06:23 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'm not affraid
Old 11 December 2002, 06:26 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Talking

Frightened of the RS? Why? By all accounts it's a good car. If the track times are true, it will be faster than my car round a track. For some people, it will be better than my car. So what? I enjoy my car - especially now it has got 284bhp Some people will have quicker cars, some have better cars, there are no doubt cars I would enjoy more, and several of these will be a lot better than the RS too (albeit more expensive). That doesn't stop me being very happy with what I have.

I'm not frightened of a Mclaren F1. I know I'd lose a race to one, but I'd love to drive it, and know it would need respect. But why be frightened of a good car?
Old 11 December 2002, 06:30 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

SURPRISED that Ford could make something nice...

Dan
Old 11 December 2002, 06:31 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...
Heh, good answer. But why reply at all? Its a blatant 'trolling' post (sorry Rich but it is!) so why even give people the satisfaction of any kind of response?

Hold on. So why am I posting. DOH!
Old 11 December 2002, 08:34 PM
rich uk300
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

not frightened just bored with all the saddo's on here posting x car v's scoob
Old 11 December 2002, 09:04 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Talking

I would be worried if it could do 0-60 in 4 seconds and had AWD until then . EVO owners seem too worried about scoobs to worry about an RS Focus. It bet it was an EVO owner who say that an EVO was close to a scoob in performnace terms .
Old 12 December 2002, 08:11 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well done Rich for voicing what a lot of people feel right now !
Old 12 December 2002, 03:42 PM
elondan
Scooby Regular

Evo=STI
RS=WRX
WRX= NO Mitsubishi rival hence no RS rival.
Old 12 December 2002, 05:42 PM
co55ie
Scooby Regular

Lol Elondan

Have a look at the other thread The RS destroyed a scoob Sti at goodwood. LOL 2 seconds a lap thats a mile. And on a high speed track too which will suit the Sti more than the RS as the RS is not as quick in a straigt line.
WRX daily shopper = Base level 2.0 Mondeo as proven performance wise on Top Gear. The WRX struggled with a FWD family car with half the power and was also beaten by the Type R. Wasnt the WRX 6 seconds slower a lap than the RS. Or perhaps a special scooby freindly version was broadcast aswell.
Sti gets humbled bigstyle by a FWD Ford RS.
No wonder the scoob boys are running scared.
Wasnt the RS placed higher than an Sti too in the recent CAR magazine Performance test. Yes it was
Now how is an EVO going to far against the RS on a track if this 260bhp mountune conversion comes about equalling things up a tad more ?
We will have to wait and see ? I know and you know were the smart money would go.
Old 12 December 2002, 05:57 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Aren't scoobs road 'rally' cars, not 'track' cars.

The Focus RS is designed for the track (too much so as on bad roads, it's all over the place apparently).

On the track many cars will beat a scoob. On the roads some will be better, some worse. On the rough rally gravel surfaces I'll bet the scoob beats just about anything (other 4wd rally type cars excepted).

I don't drive a scoob or a focus(s2000 is my 'tool') as they're not what I want.

In my opinion RWD is the best fun, 4WD is the easiest to drive quickly and FWD the safest (but less rewarding). How many top car drivers/journalists aspire to a FWD car? none I'll bet! And at the end of the day the Focus is driven by the front wheels. Personally I'd never compare a Focus with a Scoob in the same sense that I'd not compare my S2000 with a Scoob(or a focus!) as they do things differently.

Ultimately I don't care how fast they are (as long as they go a fair bit of course!), just how much fun they are.

My S2000 is the most fun out of all of them anyway so
Old 12 December 2002, 05:57 PM
scooby_xt_turbo
Scooby Regular

Why frightened? Just happy that Ford made a very good car.
Old 12 December 2002, 08:43 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Standard WRX = Mondeo 2.0 ???? Yeah right.
Old 12 December 2002, 10:13 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Wink

Of course. At 9.8 to 60 (EVO mag), the 2.0 Mondeo is knocking on the door of the EVO VII RS sprint, and would kill it round the track. If I didn't know better, I'd think that Co55ie had put that in there just to try and get a reaction.
Old 12 December 2002, 10:58 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Question

Anybody know what a Sunaru is?
Old 13 December 2002, 08:06 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Wasnt the RS placed higher than an Sti too in the recent CAR magazine Performance test. Yes it was
And wasn't the MINI CooperS placed several places higher than the RS? "Yes it was" Kind of puts it into context

Goodwood is a fast circuit with fast curves. The RS (from reports) handles well on track and will have far higher corner speeds (which is what makes quick track cars quick), the STi doesn't handle that well, but will have a traction advantage out of corners and an outright power advantage (although power will be partly lost on brick like aerodynamics) So on a very twisty (plenty of 2nd corners) the STi would likely redress the balance with it's better traction and superior grunt out of the corners.

Throw in real world, and the reality of getting power down in poor/bumpy/pitted road surfaces, the track superiority of the RS may be left wanting, unless a less harsh setting can be found?
Old 13 December 2002, 10:33 AM
Pie_n_Chips
Scooby Regular

Location: up a bit, left a bit, down a bit, to the right no left ahhh just there
Angry

BORING

RS Focus 2 wheel drive turboed dustcart for the masses, designed to keep Fords performance ore in
Imprezza 4 wheel drive rally bred car

WHY compare?? two completely different vehicles. But as has been mentioned Scoobynet is mostly populated nowadays by look at me, look at me I can go faster than you, look at what i just beat, i have a small ***** types

Just my two pennyth, I don't own a subaru but have been lurking on here for over two years after ChrisB introduced me to the marque (big up to Chris the TDi driving poof) and can appreciate and respect a good capable car, regardless of the badge.

[Edited by Pie_n_Chips - 12/13/2002 10:35:18 AM]