Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

BMW Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2002, 12:41 PM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

It's very true what you say about reppy 31x drivers, but I think a lot of the bad 'uns would be tossers whatever they were driving - Beemers just get noticed more because a lot of people are jealous and of course there are so many 3s about. I hate it when I see BMW being blamed though, like it's some sort of condition of the pre-delivery check - "Confirm prospective owner has a character defect/delusion of grandeur/superiority complex".

Now Mercedes drivers - don't get me started

Cheers,

Deano

PS - and at least I don't read The Sun

[Edited by Beemer_Deano - 9/6/2002 12:45:10 PM]
Old 09 June 2002, 03:19 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Common knowledge

[Edited by alanjack - 9/6/2002 3:20:14 PM]
Old 06 September 2002, 08:58 AM
jasonwrxowner
Scooby Regular

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002411819,00.html
Old 06 September 2002, 09:26 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats brilliant.

P.s - The link doesn't work
Old 06 September 2002, 09:53 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002411819,00.html
Old 06 September 2002, 10:01 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Aye aye, thats better.
V.good
Old 06 September 2002, 10:19 AM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Shame you clearly haven't read to the end of that page. It would appear that the 3 series is the best car of the lot. Shame!

Matt
Old 06 September 2002, 10:28 AM
jasonwrxowner
Scooby Regular

Hey, I didn't read the article at all.

I just saw the headline and thought that it would be a good opportunity to have a pop at BMW drivers.

Old 06 September 2002, 11:16 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Wink

no need its common knowledge BMW drivers = *********, no offence to any SN beamer readers
Old 06 September 2002, 11:35 AM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

It's weird - as soon as I get in my BM I immediately become a tw@.

Dunno why, but I blame the car.

Wait - it happens in my scoob too.

Deano

Old 06 September 2002, 12:17 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Wink

When I drive my Beemer, I'm courteous, considerate and get some very weird looks from people as they clearly don't expect to be let out of side roads in traffic etc. Pity that we have a bad name. Must be something to do with driving a far superior product!

BTW, I tend to find that the t0$$ers who drive BMW's tend to be 316/318 drivers. They are clearly reps who can't get any better on the corporate ladder and they believe that the BM gives them massive kudos over the Vectra/Mondeo that they used to have. Makes me chuckle, but the arrogance of that type of person unfortunately shines through in their driving style. It also give us a bad name.

Matt
Old 06 September 2002, 12:41 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

common knowledge BMW drivers = *********
You wot?
Old 06 September 2002, 12:50 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

oops hehe
Old 06 September 2002, 03:20 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Surely that doesn't apply to all of us!!!

I have immense respect for Jappo cars and bikes and always let
them out in front of me.

Maybe its so i can overtake them on a blind bend later on... lol...

See you on the other side turboheads!!!!
Old 06 September 2002, 04:05 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

hahah, its true about the magnetic front bumper though!!!

its just you fell so safe and isolated behind these beasts, i assure people there is no malice or one-up-manship here.

have a good weekend all....

:-)
Old 06 September 2002, 10:53 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think this, like many similar surveys is flawed. But at least it can stimulate discussion. By far the least caring (worst) drivers in this observer's humble opinion, and here I'm aware of making a generalisation, are most 4x4 drivers particularly those driving 4x4s of MONSTER TRUCK dimensions. What do others think?

Yes, in the UK, apparently many BMW drivers often annoy with their misguided "I'm considerably richer and thus more superior than yow" attitudes when behind the steering wheel. Worst one being "I drive a BMW so don't expect me to move over/out of the "fast" lane.... ever!". (Fast lane? No such thing) I have personally been involved in an incident with a 3 series driver who having discovered that his car was not superior in performance to my humble, inexpensive product bought with some loose change, decided to ram me from behind as I slowed for the lights. What his lady partner thought of his behaviour I'll never know, but, I'd loved to have been a fly on the wall when they got home. This was definitely a "red mist" incident.

BMWs are now as "common as muck" in my and apparently most other areas of the UK. With this in mind, they've become known as "Bavarian Sierras" in some circles. Being so ubiquitous on our roads, could this start to undermine their current disproportionate desirability with UK car buyers ..... after all, everyone has one now ..... :-)

For me so far, Subaru drivers are difficult to categorise. These cars are becoming more numerous, even commonplace now in my neck of the woods but nowhere near as common as BMWs. The car I usually drive is quite nippy and underestimated by most other road users (there are many reasons for this) and when I move up behind them, only the occasional driver will move over to allow me to pass which is fine and the way it should be. Others, and here Subaru drivers are often as guilty as BMW ones, will immediately put their foot down only to discover they have not shaken me off. If conditions allow me to get first run on a Subaru or W.H.Y. and pass with ease, guess what? right in one ... yes, some just have to try to get past .... Oh the sheer ignomy of it all, a ******* passing my beloved Subaru/BMW/Mercedes/W.H.Y which cost CONSIDERABLY more than you paid for that pile of junk - which incidently has left some of their more over-rated, highly regarded, over priced vehicles for dead.

Locally, I've also observed one or two higher spec Imprezas driven in a sedate, no correction SLOW manner by very aged females .... what's that all about? ..... Funny old game people and their choice of cars ... :-)

Happy MotorinG
Old 07 September 2002, 02:19 AM
ScoobyDoug
Scooby Newbie

i do about 4-5000 miles every month.. thats a lot of miles. and i spend most of those miles doing a fair speed on motorways.

i've been cut up, stiched, nearly killed! and crashed into by every car make/model going!
vans, vectras, scoobys, mg's, pug's, fords etc etc etc... THE LOT!

i find no 'type' of car worse than any other. they are ALL driven by muppets! they either dont know how to drive, dont use mirrors, want to get killed, need to push people out the way or think they own the road.. or are just plain stupid and dont get it at all.

i spose my biggest winge about peoples driving is the wrong use of lanes.. round about lanes, one way streets or motorways..
use the correct lane!!! please!!! if there is nothing to your left then move down a lane.
if you need to turn right at a round about, get in the right hand lane! its easy!
how do these people get their licences???

this is not aimed at any one.. just a genral cry for some people to go back to driving school.. before i die!!!

D.
Old 07 September 2002, 11:15 PM
grabber
Scooby Regular

Cool

buy a beemer and you'll never be cut up by one again it's a german thing you know superior better than anything else. oh by the way it's not cutting up it's over taking so move over and let the faster cars by
Old 09 September 2002, 06:38 PM
Ralf
Scooby Regular

PS - and at least I don't read The Sun
Lol, I was surprised the spelling in the article was right!

I found Mums with their inbreed on board the worst drivers lately. Changing into the fast lane without using the mirror and then making unmistakeable signs of 'you mad to drive so close to me?'. Arrgh, had I not really fine brakes you had had a steel boot kicking your bum big time!

@ MattOz: their cars were even smaller than mine, really.

Oh, where do I enter them for the Darwin Award?

Ralf