Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Why is the new Range Rover so B I G ??

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2002, 04:16 PM
uxg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No jealousy invovled. You mis-interpret me.

Being rich isn't the crime. Fair dues if you actually need one for the space or 4x4 ability but buying a huge great fappin 4x4 to make a fashion statement is my bug bear. I wouldn't give a toss if these 4x4 owners all drove around in Porsches.

[Edited cos I can't speel]

[Edited by uxg - 9/2/2002 4:18:45 PM]
Old 02 September 2002, 02:45 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Question

I didn't realise how bloody huge these things are till i drew up to the side of one at traffic lights the other day. Nice wheel arches - that's about all i could see!!

I think i'd feel insecure in a Sherman tank with one of these bu88ers in the vicinity. Why does a "car" have to be that big??
Old 02 September 2002, 02:59 PM
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

Smile

so you can get more stuff in it ?
Old 02 September 2002, 03:00 PM
Woz
Scooby Regular

trying to sell in the american market? I personally hate 4x4's (jeep type things, not Scoobs!). they take up too much space, and totally obscure your view of the road ahead, making safe forward looking driving impossible, unless u driv an artic. why do u need to drive a tank, unless u have a complex about sommat. ban em I say
Old 02 September 2002, 03:15 PM
uxg
Scooby Regular

Yep I agree. Unless you have a legitmate excuse to have such a big car (and I reckon 90% of owners don't) I don't think you should be allowed to drive one in the UK or at least have to pay more road tax. They can get away with it in the US as their roads are better\bigger but not here.

Plus is it me or do most BMW X5's seem to get driven by women?

Old 02 September 2002, 03:25 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Uxg, your sentence wasn't long enough. Add "with rich husbands".
Old 02 September 2002, 03:27 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

they take up too much space, and totally obscure your view of the road ahead, making safe forward looking driving impossible, unless u driv an artic. why do u need to drive a tank, unless u have a complex about sommat. ban em I say
So you would ban all vans and trucks ?

Live and let live, if folk have the money to buy and run these things and they feel more secure with the elevated position then why not ?

My car has more performance than is required for normal road use but I would object to someone telling me it should be banned!
Old 02 September 2002, 03:47 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

but you can moderate your performance for the conditions- you cant shrink a 4*4 when its double parked outside a school at 3pm!
Old 02 September 2002, 03:56 PM
uxg
Scooby Regular

Telboy LOL

Corpulent Tosser. Vans and trucks have a purpose i.e used for moving things. Large 4x4's also have a purpose which is to be out on safari or driving through mountainous or hazardous terrain something not usually found in the Uk (unlessyou count sleeping policemen ) The fact that my car has extra performance doesn't effect other road users but a fappin great 4x4 carrying one person, and their Versace sunglasses and mobile phone is a nuisance and an unnecesary obstruction\waste of space.

I understand where you are coming from with your live and let live motto and am usually the same but with SUV's I seem to loose all reason. I hate them with a passion.
Old 02 September 2002, 04:04 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Do I detect a note of jealousy in some of these posts?

I hate the school run bitches in 4X4 s as much as the rest of you, but what is wrong with being rich? You can't be poor to run a scooby lets face it, the fuel bills alone dictate that!
Old 02 September 2002, 04:26 PM
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

Just because it's on the school run doesn't mean that's all it ever does ! My wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee to school, to the shops etc etc. But at weekends (when it's nice) it tows our Jet Boat. I want something that I know will pull a boat out of the sea and not get stuck when the tide is coming in.....It needs high ground clearance, all 3 differentials lock up and it pulls like a train.

I'm sure lots of people see her as a stuck up bitch with no need for a big car because they only see part of the story. She drives it because I want a Scoob and I'm not quite rich enough to buy a decent third car too - she's rather have a little convertible number.

I know that there are 4x4's that never so much as mount a kerb, but plenty do when you're not looking. Ours will be in the sea one day then Wax Wizzarded up and on the school run the next.
Old 02 September 2002, 04:51 PM
uxg
Scooby Regular

Fair play. Like I said, I know that some people do have legitimate uses for a 4x4 and for those people I say more power to ya.

It's the fashion symbol luvvies that wind me up.
Old 02 September 2002, 05:30 PM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

Our range rovers and land rovers tow trailers full of rubbish pull horse boxes and go to cash and carry they don't do this on every journey but they do do jobs a car can't on a regular basis I can also say that no car gets through London traffic quicker than a discovery with battle scarred bull bars.
Old 02 September 2002, 05:46 PM
met
Scooby Regular

oi, ive just bought a vogue se & i drive with just one person in it just me & i love it, always wanted one, i love the ridiculous size of it, i love the power, what is it about 2.5 tons 4.0 litre V8 with bull bars & huge towbar i will never use 8 - 10 mpg, & the feeling when you cut people up i commute every day into the city on a KTM DUKE & have to get out of everyones way so on a weekend i like to own the road, people can drive whatever car they like, my subaru was an equally ridiculous car it was fun & then I got rid of it. its only a car & i choose to drive a Range Rover.
Old 03 September 2002, 07:41 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

They look like bigger versions of the Metro Cabs....Nasty looking things imo

Nath
Old 03 September 2002, 12:01 PM
Denzil_Dog
Scooby Regular

MAN THAT IS A HUGE BITCH !
Old 03 September 2002, 12:49 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

They make Range Rovers that large to enable me to look down my nose at all the plebs in their little toy Shoguns & Landcruisers, without having to go to the effort of elevating my head
Old 03 September 2002, 12:51 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

BTW, I don't actually own one.

But I would, if my scoob could curtail it's drinking habit long enough for me to save some money