Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all.

Just got back from PE having just had a power test. Didn't need to
tune the car as it is running fine. Boosts 1.2 bar and puttinng out
280 bhp and 289 lbs/ft. Is was very hot in the workshop (26 deg) and
they reckon it could touch 290 bhp on a colder day. Not bad but
wanted more !

Audio TT before Nos = 270 bhp, after Nos 380 bhp and running fine

Just booked the car in Nos on 21/8/02, should then take me up to 350 - 380 bhp. Any ides on Nos, some people say its the dogs b******s and others say it f***s up the egine.

Am I getting in too deep

I guess as long as the car has been RR to test for fueling etc, then there shouldn't be a prob.

Regards

Kev ST205 94 WRC
Black..
Old 14 August 2002, 05:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Oh yeah, that audi engine is really going to stand running 380bhp.... hmmm me thinks not.....
Just needed to add that alot of people think that Nos is good, well the fact that you can only run it for a max of 7 seconds doesnt really prove anything, the downside is that alot of people run it for much longer, ie 30 secs, all ill say is bye bye engine cos it wont be able to cope with those pressures.

Tony

[Edited by TonyBurns - 8/14/2002 5:59:47 PM]
Old 14 August 2002, 07:52 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

I think Tony summed it up then, but anyway is yours an Import or UK designed car? The dad-in-law has one thats an import and needs a few bits of work doing to it (is there anyone fairly close thats any good and dont charge the world that you know of?)

Also thats a drastic increase..are you sure there rollers werent cooked either..not been sarcastic just realistic.

Nath
Old 14 August 2002, 07:55 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

I forgot to mention that a RR is good but doesnt cope with normal road/track/bravado driving so from what I'm told its close but not close enough...apparently its down to ACT,s, etc on the day. I might be wrong though...

Nath

Old 14 August 2002, 09:47 PM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

Hi Nat.

My Gt4 is an import and in my eyes goes ok, but now I want to go faster, you know what its like

Not a performance shop around m8, mechanics don't want to give any advise unless you put money in their pockets I

Very impressive results as long as the engine lasts. I know a salesman when I see one, these guys are genuine and seem to know what they are talking about.

I see an Audi S3 having a single point Nos fitted and the workmanship is excellent.

I've booked the car in for next week, all I can do is try. If I f**k up then tough s**t, then I'll get a scooby seeings that I'm on here more than the GT4 site

laters m8

Kev ST205 94 WRC
Black..

Old 14 August 2002, 10:29 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Lol, I know what you mean about more power I sold my Scoob a while ago and bought another Cossy (did I say one...I meant three ) Up to near on 400bhp (376 to be exact) but just got fed up with leaving my wallet with tuners and sweet talking the Bank Manager all the time. I've still got an RS but would deffo buy Jap again as they dont seem to go wrong..much. The problem is after throwing soo much money at a car, when do you walk away?

Nath
Old 14 August 2002, 10:43 PM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

Nat.

Be nice to get up there in the 300's but that means taking the engine out and moddin..forged pistons etc. Can't be bothered to spend that much money. I think I've gone as far as I can go now...I think. Been Superchipped, Induction kit, Mongoose, de-cat, bleed valve. Got any more ideas Nat m8 ....?

Cossies go quite well, you got 3 then, fancy givin one away then m8

Just been looking in the autotrader under Skylines/Supras...some going cheap but the insurance

Regards

Kev..
Old 14 August 2002, 11:40 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Talking

Was looking for nos on my megablade, but found that

A) no one would insure me
B) the fills work out expensive and after a year or 2 would be cheaper tuning (fitting a turbo)

But it does seem like a good idea, i just got concerned about nos kicking in mid corner, that would sure spin a westy, they are light enough to begin with, over 300 bhp per ton

But always need more