Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Anyone gone from a scoob to an Elise, or visa-versa

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2002, 08:57 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I was toying with getting an Elise before I went the my scoob, just wondered if anyone on here has an Elise now after owning a scoob, or maybe had one and have move to a subaru.

I've never driven an Elise but read enough reviews to know how good they are.

Would I miss all the grunt of my car, or does the fun factor of an Elise make it up?

(It no read English so I edit it.. )

[Edited by mega_stream - 7/7/2002 9:00:10 PM]
Old 07 July 2002, 10:09 PM
kamikaze
Scooby Regular

This website has a good comparison of scoob and elise in july 200 and sep 2000

http://www.elises.co.uk/diary/

Old 07 July 2002, 11:46 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

had 3 impreza including P1 Sti4 Type R then brought an Elise now have new age WRX
cant comapre the cars they are totally different
Impreza as far as i am concerned is better i couldnt live with the lack of practibility from the Elise & i only had for 2 weeks !
but dont get me wrong it was a good car but a second car in my opinion
Old 12 July 2002, 05:39 PM
GEJL
Scooby Regular

Lucky enough to have both a Scoob and an Elise. The Elise has the bigger grin factor, IMHO, when it's sunny and the roof is off, but a 200 mile motorway journey in the rain is not so fun...

Many people do have an Elise as their only car, but if I was forced to have just one, overall the Scoob would win. But then I have two kids to ferry around!
Old 13 July 2002, 08:36 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I got the bonus of only working 5 miles up the road

Any idea what the service costs are?, surley they can't be as expensive as my car, just shelled out £400 for a 30,000 mile

Looking at the MPG and I've also done some online insurance quotes an Elise would be cheaper to run in that aspect, saving £200 on my insurance infact

Old 15 July 2002, 12:40 PM
jfrf
Scooby Regular

servicing is only every year
but total cost is probably about the same as an impreza
My insurance quote for elise is cheaper than impreza (paying £870 on new elise protected with 6 points)

http://www.lakesideengineering.com/Pages/eliseserv.htm
main dealers probaly charge double the cost of the above link
Old 15 July 2002, 12:53 PM
Tractor
Scooby Regular

Talking

I switched from an Sti Type R to an Elise earlier this year, and I agree that they are very difficult to compare to each other as total cars - they are so different. But from a driving fun point of view, the Elise has it by some margin in my opinion. It is not as fast as my Sti (but is still fast enough) and the steering and handling are just amazing. It also rides remarkably well, unlike the Sti. Roof off in the sun, and it has the Sti licked in every way.

I have a small girlfriend and no kids, so space is not that much of a problem, but I will say this. The cabin is a good size, but lacks storage space (there is still some though) but the boot is very small. You can still fit a surprising amount in though.

The overriding feel I have of the car is that Lotus have made absolutley the most of it. It is wonderful to drive, but cheap to run, and although small is very thoughtfully designed to make the most of the space that there is. It is a lovely car, but could only be a second car to a family man, or a first car for somebody like me. I have no problems using it as such.

Mail me offline if you want to ask more. Meanwhile if you are still looking at the end of August, my rather mint example will be for sale.

Mike

Old 15 July 2002, 01:31 PM
stuart brooke
Scooby Regular

I have a new sti type UK prodrive and used to have an Elise. The elise is more of a drivers car, but gave me RSI in the right leg. Good for the weekend but not day to day. If you want something to use every day in all weather. Go Scoogy.