Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2016, 10:04 PM
NGBZ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep

Wife bought hereself a Jeep Cherokee Limited last weekend and we went in yesterday to the main dealer to take delivery.

Not a great experience....

A few weeks ago I picked up a brand new STi from the Subaru dealer and the car was - as you would expect - immaculate. Not a single speck of dirst or dust anywhere.

The Jeep, however, is a different story. Again, a brand new vehicle but dust inside along with some stray hairs (not curly thank god!) and multiple dirty hand and finger marks on the headlining. The interior lights had a sticky residue from where the plastic protective covers had been. Even some surface rust on one of the rear seat brackets.
The outside was just as bad. Streaks where the plastic trim had been sprayed but not wiped properly, patchy areas too along with dirt in the grille. The worse part was the sub roof deflector which was absolutely filthy.

Needless to say we said we had no intention of taking delivery until they presented the car as they should do. Made it clear that even a second hand car would have been in better condition.

Certainly now what you woudl expect from a 'reputable 'main dealer in an affluant part of town

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 28 August 2016, 10:04 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never bought a car from a dealer and not sure if I can see myself ever doing so.
Old 28 August 2016, 08:39 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

To be honest i've not seen any Jeep dealers around! But certainly.. its disgraceful after paying x amount. The car should be immaculate!

Certainly wouldn't be servicing it there.. lol
Old 29 August 2016, 03:43 AM
NGBZ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sunny1989

Certainly wouldn't be servicing it there.. lol
Exactly. Will certainly be looking at the Winger (Didn't buy it from Winger) service centre for Jeep even though it's on the other side of Auckland. Wish we'd gone there for the vehicle now