Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

How do you guys physically mount your amp on the rear seat backs?

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2001, 09:46 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering moving my amps off my sub box onto the seat backs - what have you guys done in terms of physical mounting - MDF board (?carpeted) and screwed into "something solid" - feels like there are some bars in the seat? What do you think about them being at / angle - i.e. beyond vertical in terms of heat dissipation from the heat sinks - I know it is not upside down, but I don't want them cutting out? Any fancy ideas for neat wiring routing?
Old 04 May 2001, 11:14 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My installer "SKIDZ" put a false back to the boot giving me around 12 inches of boot space behind the rear seats.I mounted some amps,equaliser and cd changer etc there. Assuming the smaller boot is ok for you this might be an alternative and its out of sight. Just a thought.
Old 05 May 2001, 03:26 PM
rockin'Ru
Scooby Regular

Wink

The angle shouldn't bother much unless you really thrash on the system and get the amps REALLY hot.If they don't get hot now with your listening habits,don't worry about it.
As for mounting them to the seat(do you have the split fold down seats?)I never cared for it because they were too hard to get to.
Can you put them vertical near the back sides?You could use MDF to make a false side panel and sink the amp into it so it doesn't protrude out into the trunk(boot).Only problem is you'd have to lengthen and re-route the wires.
You wouldn't have to worry about anything ever slamming into them on hard stops or cornering either.
Just an idea.
Steve
Old 05 May 2001, 07:25 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I made up an MDF plate for the back seat, cut out to the shape of the rear.
Fits in nice and flush and can still get cables through and out the bottom of the seats 'cause of the indentations of the seat backs.

A

P.S. Hi to Scottish Menace....long time no hear....hows your driving getting on!!! Hee Hee Hee