Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi S3 - ordered

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2015, 04:55 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S3 - ordered

I've had my Golf GTI performance for 10 months and it's time for a change. The GTI has and is a fantastic car and very capable. However it does attract some really unwanted attention from the under 25 Saxo/corsa boys. So much so it's just a pain in the **** being hounded everytime I go out.

So wanted to change it for something .... Under the radar.

So a 5dr s3 has been ordered for delivery in May. Not driven one but having 300bhp and looks of a sleeper I'm looking forward to moving forward at pace without everyone wanting to race it.
Old 31 January 2015, 05:16 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

I think you are deluding yourself if you expect <25 yo boy racers to not know what an S3 is. Sounds like bull**** purchase justification to me..... not that there's anything wrong with that
Old 31 January 2015, 05:18 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I think we think alike. Both got a Golf GTI Performance at roughly the same time, and we both got an S3 on order. Hopefully mine comes mid April.

I went for a Manual Saloon. Sapang Blue, SS Seats, B&O sound, Sat-Nav, Comfort pack, Lighting pack, Extended Mono.pur, Hold assist, & Parking plus.

What spec did you got for?

I'm getting rid of the GTI because it's cr@p. Had trouble selecting 5th gear (dealer cant find fault). It's had a new Gearbox, new Clutch, but still problem persists. The Sound system has a mind of it's own. Just decides on start-up to change what you were listening to before you turned it off. Listening to Ipod were you? OK, on start up, I'll let you listen to the Radio instead. Sometimes the screen is blank. Sometimes it just won't play anything. Utter rubbish.
Old 31 January 2015, 05:32 PM
Deanamoore
Scooby Regular

I have one had it 3 months now,its has the dsg box in.goes quite well an they are comfy on a long run.my mrs uses it in Eco an gets good mpg aswell.so all round a good car.but it's no toy.

Last edited by Deanamoore; 31 January 2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 31 January 2015, 05:42 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Wow sorry to hear your car has been a problem. Mine has been fine since the day I collected. I can believe we got the GTI from the same dealer within a matter of weeks and now wave the Audi in order as well.

Mine is 5dr, metallic black, comfort park, light pack, rear park, power fold. Black line inside silver roof bars.

Wanted the SS seats but talked myself out of it. Was going to add the hold assist as I like it on the golf but forgot.

B&O I would have loved to have buy can't justify the extra for it.
Old 31 January 2015, 05:44 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Anyone want to buy my golf ? It's done 5,735 miles.
Old 31 January 2015, 05:53 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't realise the S3 was 300bhp.
Old 31 January 2015, 06:11 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

nope nor did I until I started to read up on them on Wednesday night after someone on pistonheads posted a picture of Emma Watsons one.
Old 31 January 2015, 06:55 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

One of my friends has one and he sold his Clio 172 for it and he has never once mentioned its a quick car and he is 26 years old.
Old 31 January 2015, 09:22 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

As Clarkson said,isn't the Audi just a golf in a frock?
Old 31 January 2015, 09:43 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

identity crises alert
Old 01 February 2015, 09:04 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Wish,
Congrates....... get some pictures up when you get it!
Old 01 February 2015, 08:14 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine is waiting to order the RS3 when its made official
Old 04 February 2015, 08:26 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

nice choice but you gota add Hold assist and SS seats them seats make that car I think they look awesome....

Surely you arnt locked in yet, I ordered my A45 and changed the spec 9 times before lock in, ring the dealer and ask... Hold assist is so useful in traffic.

I was 5 mins away from an S3 I was going amalifi white ss seats lots of other extras Pano roof etc, but MB gave me a deal on the 45 which wasn't as cheap but 80 quid in it.

Youll love it get a remap and youll be as fast as most stuff on the road...
Old 04 February 2015, 09:59 AM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I think we think alike. Both got a Golf GTI Performance at roughly the same time, and we both got an S3 on order. Hopefully mine comes mid April.

I went for a Manual Saloon. Sapang Blue, SS Seats, B&O sound, Sat-Nav, Comfort pack, Lighting pack, Extended Mono.pur, Hold assist, & Parking plus.

What spec did you got for?

I'm getting rid of the GTI because it's cr@p. Had trouble selecting 5th gear (dealer cant find fault). It's had a new Gearbox, new Clutch, but still problem persists. The Sound system has a mind of it's own. Just decides on start-up to change what you were listening to before you turned it off. Listening to Ipod were you? OK, on start up, I'll let you listen to the Radio instead. Sometimes the screen is blank. Sometimes it just won't play anything. Utter rubbish.
Not wanting to upset you Stilover - but that problem you've had with your radio/stereo....a friend of mine has had the exact same issue with his new A4 advant, and although its been back to the dealer sooo many times still not rectified....so moving to the s3 could still leave you open to this issue....
Old 04 February 2015, 11:02 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had issues in both Subaru and my A45 with Stereo, Subarus was a real ****, they eventually swapped it but still same, major fault with the standard unit. I had to pop a pioneer in at cost from IM group to solve it.
Old 04 February 2015, 01:12 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T25 DOC
Not wanting to upset you Stilover - but that problem you've had with your radio/stereo....a friend of mine has had the exact same issue with his new A4 advant, and although its been back to the dealer sooo many times still not rectified....so moving to the s3 could still leave you open to this issue....

I know. But I think I've got `one of them cars` that has something wrong with it. used to be classed as a `Friday afternoon car`.

Just want rid of it.
Old 04 February 2015, 01:14 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Whats the issue with the radio/ stereo is this with the standard fit one or the optional B&O ?

Richard
Old 04 February 2015, 01:18 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richs2891
Whats the issue with the radio/ stereo is this with the standard fit one or the optional B&O ?

Richard

If you're listening to your ipod when you switch the car off on a night. Start it up on a morning, and the radio will come on. Finish the day with the radio, and the CD player will be running instead.

Then there are the days when the screen is just blank. You have to switch the car off, and back on again to get the screen up.

It's the issue with 5th gear that is the main issue I have. That's why I'm getting rid of it. Months of in an out of dealers. New gearbox. New clutch, yet the problem remains.
Old 04 February 2015, 01:21 PM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Does sound like its a wee bit jinx'd
Old 04 February 2015, 01:31 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Interesting as I funny peculiarity on my current Audi, if listening to ipod then turn it off and go to radio the traffic setting alert thing has changed to classic radio station. which is not one of my pre-set radio stations, Does not bother me its just odd and no logic to it.
Old 04 February 2015, 05:37 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
nice choice but you gota add Hold assist and SS seats them seats make that car I think they look awesome....

Surely you arnt locked in yet, I ordered my A45 and changed the spec 9 times before lock in, ring the dealer and ask... Hold assist is so useful in traffic.

I was 5 mins away from an S3 I was going amalifi white ss seats lots of other extras Pano roof etc, but MB gave me a deal on the 45 which wasn't as cheap but 80 quid in it.

Youll love it get a remap and youll be as fast as most stuff on the road...

Funnily enough I called on the Sunday and added assist hold and super sports seats. Also the ski hatch as that gives you rear arm rest.
Old 04 February 2015, 07:14 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wish
Funnily enough I called on the Sunday and added assist hold and super sports seats. Also the ski hatch as that gives you rear arm rest.
You just need to change it to the Saloon now.

That's the only reason why I chose the S3. Wanted a AWD 4 door Saloon.
Old 04 February 2015, 07:48 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I like the saloon. But couldn't bring myself to order it as it reminded me too much of my Ford Orian 1600 Ghia ... I loved that car but it was so impractical.