ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Audi S3 - ordered (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1019305-audi-s3-ordered.html)

Wish 31 January 2015 04:55 PM

Audi S3 - ordered

I've had my Golf GTI performance for 10 months and it's time for a change. The GTI has and is a fantastic car and very capable. However it does attract some really unwanted attention from the under 25 Saxo/corsa boys. So much so it's just a pain in the arse being hounded everytime I go out.

So wanted to change it for something .... Under the radar.

So a 5dr s3 has been ordered for delivery in May. Not driven one but having 300bhp and looks of a sleeper I'm looking forward to moving forward at pace without everyone wanting to race it.

Saxo Boy 31 January 2015 05:16 PM

I think you are deluding yourself if you expect <25 yo boy racers to not know what an S3 is. Sounds like bull**** purchase justification to me..... not that there's anything wrong with that :D;)

stilover 31 January 2015 05:18 PM

I think we think alike. Both got a Golf GTI Performance at roughly the same time, and we both got an S3 on order. Hopefully mine comes mid April.

I went for a Manual Saloon. Sapang Blue, SS Seats, B&O sound, Sat-Nav, Comfort pack, Lighting pack, Extended Mono.pur, Hold assist, & Parking plus.

What spec did you got for?

I'm getting rid of the GTI because it's cr@p. Had trouble selecting 5th gear (dealer cant find fault). It's had a new Gearbox, new Clutch, but still problem persists. The Sound system has a mind of it's own. Just decides on start-up to change what you were listening to before you turned it off. Listening to Ipod were you? OK, on start up, I'll let you listen to the Radio instead. Sometimes the screen is blank. Sometimes it just won't play anything. Utter rubbish.

Deanamoore 31 January 2015 05:32 PM

I have one had it 3 months now,its has the dsg box in.goes quite well an they are comfy on a long run.my mrs uses it in Eco an gets good mpg aswell.so all round a good car.but it's no toy.

Wish 31 January 2015 05:42 PM

Wow sorry to hear your car has been a problem. Mine has been fine since the day I collected. I can believe we got the GTI from the same dealer within a matter of weeks and now wave the Audi in order as well.

Mine is 5dr, metallic black, comfort park, light pack, rear park, power fold. Black line inside silver roof bars.

Wanted the SS seats but talked myself out of it. Was going to add the hold assist as I like it on the golf but forgot.

B&O I would have loved to have buy can't justify the extra for it.

Wish 31 January 2015 05:44 PM

Anyone want to buy my golf ? It's done 5,735 miles.

stevebt 31 January 2015 05:53 PM

I didn't realise the S3 was 300bhp.

Wish 31 January 2015 06:11 PM

nope nor did I until I started to read up on them on Wednesday night after someone on pistonheads posted a picture of Emma Watsons one.

stevebt 31 January 2015 06:55 PM

One of my friends has one and he sold his Clio 172 for it and he has never once mentioned its a quick car and he is 26 years old.

lozgti1 31 January 2015 09:22 PM

As Clarkson said,isn't the Audi just a golf in a frock?

dpb 31 January 2015 09:43 PM

identity crises alert

Shaun 01 February 2015 09:04 AM

Wish,
Congrates....... get some pictures up when you get it! :)

theboy 01 February 2015 08:14 PM

A mate of mine is waiting to order the RS3 when its made official

Littleted 04 February 2015 08:26 AM

nice choice but you gota add Hold assist and SS seats them seats make that car I think they look awesome....

Surely you arnt locked in yet, I ordered my A45 and changed the spec 9 times before lock in, ring the dealer and ask... Hold assist is so useful in traffic.

I was 5 mins away from an S3 I was going amalifi white ss seats lots of other extras Pano roof etc, but MB gave me a deal on the 45 which wasn't as cheap but 80 quid in it.

Youll love it get a remap and youll be as fast as most stuff on the road...

T25 DOC 04 February 2015 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11617278)
I think we think alike. Both got a Golf GTI Performance at roughly the same time, and we both got an S3 on order. Hopefully mine comes mid April.

I went for a Manual Saloon. Sapang Blue, SS Seats, B&O sound, Sat-Nav, Comfort pack, Lighting pack, Extended Mono.pur, Hold assist, & Parking plus.

What spec did you got for?

I'm getting rid of the GTI because it's cr@p. Had trouble selecting 5th gear (dealer cant find fault). It's had a new Gearbox, new Clutch, but still problem persists. The Sound system has a mind of it's own. Just decides on start-up to change what you were listening to before you turned it off. Listening to Ipod were you? OK, on start up, I'll let you listen to the Radio instead. Sometimes the screen is blank. Sometimes it just won't play anything. Utter rubbish.

Not wanting to upset you Stilover - but that problem you've had with your radio/stereo....a friend of mine has had the exact same issue with his new A4 advant, and although its been back to the dealer sooo many times still not rectified....so moving to the s3 could still leave you open to this issue....

Littleted 04 February 2015 11:02 AM

I had issues in both Subaru and my A45 with Stereo, Subarus was a real arse, they eventually swapped it but still same, major fault with the standard unit. I had to pop a pioneer in at cost from IM group to solve it.

stilover 04 February 2015 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by T25 DOC (Post 11620043)
Not wanting to upset you Stilover - but that problem you've had with your radio/stereo....a friend of mine has had the exact same issue with his new A4 advant, and although its been back to the dealer sooo many times still not rectified....so moving to the s3 could still leave you open to this issue....

I know. But I think I've got `one of them cars` that has something wrong with it. used to be classed as a `Friday afternoon car`.

Just want rid of it.

richs2891 04 February 2015 01:14 PM

Whats the issue with the radio/ stereo is this with the standard fit one or the optional B&O ?

Richard

stilover 04 February 2015 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by richs2891 (Post 11620154)
Whats the issue with the radio/ stereo is this with the standard fit one or the optional B&O ?

Richard

If you're listening to your ipod when you switch the car off on a night. Start it up on a morning, and the radio will come on. Finish the day with the radio, and the CD player will be running instead.

Then there are the days when the screen is just blank. You have to switch the car off, and back on again to get the screen up.

It's the issue with 5th gear that is the main issue I have. That's why I'm getting rid of it. Months of in an out of dealers. New gearbox. New clutch, yet the problem remains.

T25 DOC 04 February 2015 01:21 PM

Does sound like its a wee bit jinx'd

richs2891 04 February 2015 01:31 PM

Interesting as I funny peculiarity on my current Audi, if listening to ipod then turn it off and go to radio the traffic setting alert thing has changed to classic radio station. which is not one of my pre-set radio stations, Does not bother me its just odd and no logic to it.

Wish 04 February 2015 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11619993)
nice choice but you gota add Hold assist and SS seats them seats make that car I think they look awesome....

Surely you arnt locked in yet, I ordered my A45 and changed the spec 9 times before lock in, ring the dealer and ask... Hold assist is so useful in traffic.

I was 5 mins away from an S3 I was going amalifi white ss seats lots of other extras Pano roof etc, but MB gave me a deal on the 45 which wasn't as cheap but 80 quid in it.

Youll love it get a remap and youll be as fast as most stuff on the road...

Funnily enough I called on the Sunday and added assist hold and super sports seats. Also the ski hatch as that gives you rear arm rest.

stilover 04 February 2015 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 11620341)
Funnily enough I called on the Sunday and added assist hold and super sports seats. Also the ski hatch as that gives you rear arm rest.

You just need to change it to the Saloon now. ;)

That's the only reason why I chose the S3. Wanted a AWD 4 door Saloon.

Wish 04 February 2015 07:48 PM

I like the saloon. But couldn't bring myself to order it as it reminded me too much of my Ford Orian 1600 Ghia ... I loved that car but it was so impractical.