Dealer sales negotiations

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2015, 05:16 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer sales negotiations

Well, quite shocked really.

Went to look at a Twingo 133 RS this afternoon at a Renault Dealership. Car wasn't perfect. All wheels slightly kerbed. Paint off on the lower front bumper. All minor things, that they did say they'd put right once it was sold.

However when IU pointed out that there were 3 different brands of tyres on the think. The note at the last service stated the discs were scored, meant nothing to them. Tyre wear is legal !!! Pointed out how dangerous that was on wet roads, went straight over their heads.

The other thing that shocked me, was the car just wasn't prepped at all. We only clean the inside once the car is sold. But it would probably sell better if it was presented better.

Had a test drive. Thought it was worth putting an offer in. Given I needed to replace all the tyres, the front discs, repair the cigarette burn on the seat, I made an offer.

Then was struck with this nugget. We don't do negotiations. The price we advertise is the price we sell it at. Have you not heard Evan Halshaw adverts on the radio sir? No, why?

Never had this before where a dealer won't negotiate on a price. Fair enough if it a Ferrari etc. But a 2010 Twingo? Amazing.

They weren't exactly busy. Wonder why?
Old 17 January 2015, 05:42 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

It's true, Evans halshaw don't negotiate on price they list them cheap as possible compared to other dealers.

I'd never buy a second had car from a dealer as their all ****** that think they know better than you. There's only a small handful of dealers that are actually decent.
Old 17 January 2015, 05:45 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I was impressed with the dealer I bought the Subaru from. Only small but very honest in their ads. However they didn't budge much either.

Evans Halshaw sound cr4p; avoid like the plague. Also a car with three brands of tyre hasnt been looked after; avoid avoid avoid.
Old 17 January 2015, 05:48 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
I was impressed with the dealer I bought the Subaru from. Only small but very honest in their ads. However they didn't budge much either.

Evans Halshaw sound cr4p; avoid like the plague. Also a car with three brands of tyre hasnt been looked after; avoid avoid avoid.

Yeah, after driving away I did think to myself it probably would have been a mistake buying it. Quite pleased they were ********* now.

The search continues !!
Old 17 January 2015, 06:05 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

No its not
I bought the wife a car for Chritsmas and got £700 off

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
It's true, Evans halshaw don't negotiate on price they list them cheap as possible compared to other dealers.

I'd never buy a second had car from a dealer as their all ****** that think they know better than you. There's only a small handful of dealers that are actually decent.
Old 17 January 2015, 06:26 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I bet those Twingos are a hoot to drive though?!
Old 17 January 2015, 06:31 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Clarkson did a review and thought they were great, just before he drove it into the English Channel. They're based on the old 172/182 chassis so are tidy handlers!