Old 09 February 2007, 01:54 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sheffield scooby's general discussion thread,please show yourselves

Next meet
carbrook hall
opposite meadowhall retail park sheffield
on monday the 5th of march................

Ok guys

I thought we needed a general chat thread like the hull/birmingham scoobs regarding local meets ,events,general p**s taking etc etc

As the regulars know,we hold our meets at the carbrook public house opposite meadowhall retail park,just off junction 34 of the m1

Meets are held on the first monday of every month,but during these winter months,we meet every two weeks(first and third monday)

So,all you local sheffield/south yorkshire lads,show your support and lets get some serious numbers together for this years shows/run's out/carbrook meets

We are also looking at organising a trip to prodrive for the tour,and a couple of track days when the weather picks up somewhat

Sheffield lads please stand up and show yourselve's,whether it be in person at one of our regional meets,or just vocal support

Last year saw around 30 cars attending regularly throughout the summer period,so we need to be looking at raising the bar this year,there has been a lot of new local lads coming along to the meets of late,it would be great to see some of the old faces returning to show us the error of our ways

Planned meets/shows this year are

rising sun may
scooby shoot out may
northern big one june
thorseby july
JAE july
japfest september
blackpool big one october

please feel free to add any shows you all fancy attending,and we can look at contacting the show organisers for a club stand

One of our latest new members,mark has offered to knock up some graphics to grace our motors(but we can leave the pink shades to our southern friends )

So come on guys and girls,we need your voices in making this year a good one

mark

Last edited by ethanrob; 20 February 2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09 February 2007, 03:26 PM
kaa273
Scooby Regular

Giving other regions competition are we Mark
Old 09 February 2007, 05:11 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Thats the idea matey,i cannot see why not as we regularly get more in attendance then other area owners clubs that have a well established set-up

We are lacking far too much in my opinion,the west yorkshire lads seem well organised in the events they attend,and outing they organise,and as said we generally get more cars turning out for the monday meets and runs out

Richard mentioned organising a trip to prodrive,which would be spot on this time of year seeing as i am sat looking out of the window at about 18 inch of snow

Also got the van stuck this morning up on the tops near ingbirchworth out towards the woodhead pass,nothing a bit of reversing at full chat up the hill couldnt sort!

we have everything in place,tony is the gazebo king,Dan our in house chef,simon our club's official photographer,Chris and dave keep us entertained with storie's of evening's past,Richard's mobile phone content is just wrong to be fair and his car is just neglected

also,i thought i would start this thread so i dont need to start a new one every other day for the carbrook meets

mark
Old 09 February 2007, 05:40 PM
RichardF
Scooby Regular

Richard mentioned organising a trip to prodrive,which would be spot on this time of year seeing as i am sat looking out of the window at about 18 inch of snow

Yes but Mark was that your measurement or the Mrs'?????
Old 09 February 2007, 05:53 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichardF

Yes but Mark was that your measurement or the Mrs'?????
Im confused dude

Anyway good to see you return to the magical world of SN,how you getting on fella ?

Also,have you washed that motor yet My brother from another mother
Old 09 February 2007, 08:50 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

Graphics for the cars sound good to me.

I had been thinking about a thread where we could come and just chat amongst ourselves, you beat me to it Mark.

Oh, and a message for Damo, smile when you drive dude !!! You went up Somerfield street this morning at about 8.10 with a face like a wet weekend . I was waiting behind 'something' to pull across and head down toward work.
Old 09 February 2007, 09:01 PM
RichardF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
Im confused dude

Anyway good to see you return to the magical world of SN,how you getting on fella ?

Also,have you washed that motor yet My brother from another mother
I know our kid, was just a petty schoolboy joke about the 18 inches fnar fnar. Back with the land of t'internet.

Let's get the trip to Prodrive sorted, try and get numbers at next meet, then I will get in touch with them and take it from there.

Nope car still not washed - getting no sleep whittling about it I tell thee. Fecking snow now so won't get chance to wash it this weekend so looks like I will have to go to the Dr's instead for some betablockers to calm my nerves!
Old 09 February 2007, 09:02 PM
RichardF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dannybwoy
Graphics for the cars sound good to me.

I had been thinking about a thread where we could come and just chat amongst ourselves, you beat me to it Mark.

Oh, and a message for Damo, smile when you drive dude !!! You went up Somerfield street this morning at about 8.10 with a face like a wet weekend . I was waiting behind 'something' to pull across and head down toward work.
Damo you should have a smile on your chops mate, how's it running now?
Old 09 February 2007, 09:12 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

dont tell me you car is parked outside in this weather

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prodrive outing a definate,plenty of notice so i can blag a day off work fella!

mark
Old 09 February 2007, 10:08 PM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

You mentioned in a thread a week or so ago about a trip to a drag strip for a bit of a friendly RWYB shootout.

If there is enough interest I would be happy to try and get a dedicated class set up for us at York Raceway one Sunday.
Old 09 February 2007, 10:08 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichardF
Damo you should have a smile on your chops mate, how's it running now?
Yeah I should be smiling....

Read this....

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ard-boost.html

We got one run at 1.41bar (approx 340bhp), but due to problems had to set the max boost to 1bar across the rev range.

Car is rebooked in on the 24th for Pat to work his magic on the rolling road.

David has sent me a Crank and cam sensor for free, now thats service for you.

By the way 340bhp in a classic at full throttle through third gear with three up (me in the back) is absolutely awesome.

So the reasons I wasn't smiling were:

1. On the way to work
2. Frezzing cold
3. Missing 70 horses

Damo

Last edited by Damocell; 09 February 2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09 February 2007, 10:38 PM
chris-RB5
Scooby Regular

I'm back guys and gals cars better than ever. Liking the new thread, defo up for prodrive but think i'll give RWYB a miss as i want to keep this gearbox in the car for as long as pos.
Old 09 February 2007, 11:39 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

I forgot to say, I walked up to the local petrol station tonight and got talking to a bloke who owns a 2.3, 500bhp STI 7 who say he will try to make it down to Carbrook. It's about time we had some BIG bhp monsters down there

If I remember rightly his name was Michael, he posts on Scoobycity under MichaelP.

Might have got the last bit wrong as I am terrible with names.

Damo
Old 10 February 2007, 01:26 AM
pac3y
Scooby Regular

Can count me in for most things if im not working My mate has a p1 also and should be up for meets etc. I may be a bit down on performance next week with my new full JL audio install from the gods at sorcesounds.

BTW i want 500bhp thats not fair!! I was gona start a post on how to get more ponies from my beast im not that clued up with it tbh was thinking of a twin roof mounted rocket jet and brembo parachute breaks what you think??

Mark

Last edited by pac3y; 10 February 2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10 February 2007, 10:23 AM
hilly1972
Scooby Regular

Will try and make more meets, and will be up for runs out. Stickers sound like a great idea.
Old 10 February 2007, 10:31 AM
mondeoman01
Scooby Regular

Id be well up for a RWYB trip in the mondeo of course now i av the steel rims.
Want to see what its like agains a N/A impreza as the straight line performance feels better than my sport its just settin off thats he problem.
Probly best to leave the micra at home for that.
Lookin forward to all the trips out this year, shows etc would be good to try and get to as many as possible.

Dave
Old 10 February 2007, 11:32 AM
martynhutch
Scooby Regular

hey ppl im from just outside sheffield. can never make meets as i work in kings lynn monday to friday so only have the weekends in glorious sheffield. i own a sonic blue type r n if i can ever make the meets i will. wat rwyb you on about goin to? im off to the fast show at the end of march for the weekend.

heres a few pics of my car. its a bit different at the mo on p1 wheels cause of winter weather and it has different number plate and very low ground scrapin scott lowe mudflaps on too

Old 10 February 2007, 11:52 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a nice motor fella,you will have to pop along to one of our meets

Damo-be careful not to drag too much power,as we dont want to be hearing that paul has a full engine rebuild on and i think its michealH matey,if its the same person,i think you and him where chatting at a garage in crookes
(see was it you section)

Chris-good to see your back on the road,take care of that new box fella!

Strange not seeing tony round these parts

anyone got any of the white stuff.were sat on about 12 inch's of the stuff up ere on them there hills in north sheffield,went down to meadowhall area this morning around 5.30am and there was none at all

Dave-you car will eat a sport/gx standard,so with the map/chip it should have no problems(in the dry )

I will update the leed post in this thread every two weeks or so with the next organised meet

mark
Old 10 February 2007, 12:27 PM
kaa273
Scooby Regular

I wanna a 3 door
Old 10 February 2007, 12:38 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kaa273
I wanna a 3 door

Buy one then

I dare say you will get one for about 4 grand and your car as trade in(99/00 V5 or V6)

also,p1's can be had for about 8-10 grand these days,Bargain

i would love a two door impreza,but the missus would kick my ****!
mark
Old 10 February 2007, 01:09 PM
MichaelH
Scooby Regular

Yep, MichaelH not MichaelP

Just a quick post, will try and make it along on the 19th
Old 10 February 2007, 01:36 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martynhutch

Think I had a chat with you at some traffic lights on St. Mary's Gate sometime ago mate.

Damo
Old 10 February 2007, 01:41 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

I don tknow if any of you scoob owners want to do a few more local events which are already organised, but our 200+ club have already sorted a couple of rolling road days local, 2 sprint days at curbrough, donny show plus wil be at trax, japfest, jae.
scoobs are more than welcome, in addition to the monthly carbrook meet last year we did a nurburgring trip, year before we organised an IOM road trip. we are just about to launch this years events list so if this is of interest rather than having to organise/do it all yourselves please have a look/drop us an email
regards
chris m
Old 10 February 2007, 05:19 PM
martynhutch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Damocell
Think I had a chat with you at some traffic lights on St. Mary's Gate sometime ago mate.

Damo

yeah u did mate that was a while back like when i'd only had the car a couple of weeks. yours looked mint when i was following u
Old 10 February 2007, 07:07 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martynhutch

Hi Mate

Think i may have seen you driving around too, me and Kathryn were drooling over how clean your was in comparison to ours at the time.

Dave - From the standard bhp figures you gave me the other week for the mondeo, you should trounce a standard sport ALL day, as Mark said, and with that chip thingy giving you and extra 20 ponies, that will have you up near 200bhp. (But it's still a Mondeo he he)

So am i right in thinking that Damo, your car is pulling 340Bhp now then
Old 10 February 2007, 07:26 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dannybwoy

So am i right in thinking that Damo, your car is pulling 340Bhp now then

Reading between the lines i think he has around 270bhp at 1.00 bar boost,but i will let the man himself confirm

Saw around 15 scoobys today at meadowhall,also saw paul(kaa) and his missus doing a little shopping,i was loitering in the game shop pre-ordering the playstation 3 machine

Ok cuppa tea time

mark
Old 10 February 2007, 07:41 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

He'll have to take me out for a spin in it when it is all done then, 340 should be monstrous.

I've been seeing quite a few Scoobys round and abouts of recent, but not had that many waves back, ignorant gits

I so sometimes think people see we (me and kathryn) have no scoop/vents so dont bother waving, ah well.
Old 10 February 2007, 11:14 PM
MICAWRX
Scooby Regular

Dave-Pocket fitted, Right way up the second time too!! Need to rob a bank to pay for those winter wheels you are keeping for me in the parts dept!!

Following on from what mark said..

PM me with your request for graphics for your back windows (usernames) and I will do my best..
if work don't notice their white vinyl dissapearing, they will be free.. if they do, their may be a small charge... first come first saved on this

I will be at most meets, If work behaves itself.

I could probably arrange a trip to m-sport // M-Sport // by intramega.com (old workplace)
...and if anyone fancies being involved with organising/running rallies please get in touch... (Premier/Dukeries/Rally GB++)
...If anything clashes with bike racing on sunny days, i might not be at some of the trips.. (bikers?? Moto GP-WSB/BSB??)

Catch you later
Mark (Black STi)
Old 11 February 2007, 12:00 AM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

Yeah roughly running around 270 bhp, turbo is on song from 3500rpm, but will be earlier when properly mapped as Pat can dump a load of boost early on, the engine doesn't seem to get going properly till 4500rpm.

Basically at the mo it's the opposite to a standard Turbo, lacking in the midrange but brilliant top end.

The bit I took from the other day was Pat saying the engine sounds fine with no knock after the 1.41bar run, can't wait to get it sorted, going to the Clinic on the 24th for Pat to sort it out, if anyone wants to come along to watch him work his magic you are more that welcome.

Damo
Old 11 February 2007, 09:20 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Mark matey you have private message regarding window graphics!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sheffield scooby's general discussion thread,please show yourselves