Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2006, 09:32 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

My evening gets even more complicated..............

I assume you know about the unfortunate events this weekend.
Ants been moping around the house all day with a face like a wet tea towel, and I knew something was cooking......
He told me earlier that a sponsor had offered to re-build him the car at no cost to us, we just supply the donor shell. Then, to top it all off, another sponsor has now offered financial support for the donor shell

He doesnt know what to do, he absolutely adores the sport, its the one thing that hes actually good at (when on 4 wheels ) , theres been so many people involved with making the whole thing happen, and I know he really wants to do it again. He knows I wont be participating anymore, but I guess its his decision.....
what would you do???
Old 07 March 2006, 09:38 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

divorce him
you,ve got 17k to spend on a scooby ill marry you (just dont tell my wife )
Old 07 March 2006, 09:45 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
divorce him
you,ve got 17k to spend on a scooby ill marry you (just dont tell my wife )
I'm being serious Moneys!!!!
Old 07 March 2006, 09:48 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Does this mean you'll have to for-go the Scoob?

If not and whatever floats his boat i'd say support him the best you can
Old 07 March 2006, 09:58 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Do you not want him to do it again because of your concerns??? or woudl you not be able to get the Scoob???

Things will wrok right - trust me
Old 07 March 2006, 09:59 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ***scoobybabe***
I'm being serious Moneys!!!!
alright then seeming as your obviously playing hard to get . i,d support him (well not me personally i mean you ) all the way its his hobby a bit like your scoobys . (does this mean your budjet is cut for your new car though? if it does my previous thread still stands ).
ste
Old 07 March 2006, 10:08 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Do you not want him to do it again because of your concerns??? or woudl you not be able to get the Scoob???

Things will wrok right - trust me
If I'm perfectly honest....I want him to do it again, but am scared of the consequences, whatever they maybe. Its not a cheap hobby, infact its god damn expensive. But he says its 'in him' and that I understand. I have given him my blessing, on the understanding that I will be staying in the spectator stands from now on.
As for the scoob, we'll see.......
Old 07 March 2006, 10:24 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

If I'm perfectly honest....I want him to do it again, but am scared of the consequences, whatever they maybe. Its not a cheap hobby, infact its god damn expensive. But he says its 'in him' and that I understand. I have given him my blessing, on the understanding that I will be staying in the spectator stands from now on.
personally i,d be more nervous in the stands. why dont you just see how it go,s and try getting in the car on a non-competative run if possible. that way when you find a scooby over your budget you can batter your eyelashes at him im say you supported him in following his dream. my wife does stuff like this to me all the time and it always BLOODY WELL works
Old 07 March 2006, 10:24 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

The thing is he's obviously passionate about the sport - you know Jak i'll bob for a pint after work on Friday and all i see is 30 something blokes who have nothing better to do with their weekends and money than p*ss it up the wall and spend all their time staring at the bottom of a glass - or worse still, spend your Sundays wandering aimlessly at B&Q with the rest of the sad population.

Its obvioulsy shaken you up, support him the best you can - even if it is on the side lines, Better for him to drive like an idiot in a controlled enviroment than to go out and buy a big motorbike say.

Go for it
Old 07 March 2006, 11:18 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Crickey, what a week it's been for you guys jak. First off, there's the absolutely gutting feeling ant must have felt, seeing you airlifted off to hospital with possible spinal injuries, then the realisation that his lifes dream has come to an end, then to top it off, the flame of hope in yourself that you can finally get the scooby you've always dreamed of owning.
A whole mix of emotions, hopes, fears and dreams in a few days.
And to add the cherry to the cake of life, the spark that ant may indeed race again is rekindled.
What to do? Only you two can decide that course. And asking for advice of us bunch is probably not a good idea In the end though, it comes down to what the chief says: Life is for living, and you don't get a second chance at it. Grab every oppurtunity you get with both hands, and don't let go. Thrash out between yourself and ant how your new situation is going to work. Lay down the ground rules now, with leeway to change things in the future if need be. Tell him clearly and with no doubt what you feel about your side of any arrangments made, and most importantly, listen to his side too.

In the end, you've only got each other, and no piece of metal should come between you, even if it was a spec c in white

All the best with whatever decision you guys make, and see you soon,

chris.
Old 08 March 2006, 12:14 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

My evening gets even more complicated..............

I assume you know about the unfortunate events this weekend.
Ants been moping around the house all day with a face like a wet tea towel, and I knew something was cooking......
He told me earlier that a sponsor had offered to re-build him the car at no cost to us, we just supply the donor shell. Then, to top it all off, another sponsor has now offered financial support for the donor shell

He doesnt know what to do, he absolutely adores the sport, its the one thing that hes actually good at (when on 4 wheels ) , theres been so many people involved with making the whole thing happen, and I know he really wants to do it again. He knows I wont be participating anymore, but I guess its his decision.....
what would you do???
As I have said before if its not now that he want to go rallying then it will be a couple of years from now! I know i have been there! If it is in your blood to go racing/ rallying it does not go away.

Support him as you may not get the offer of the sponsership ever again!!

Cheers Andy

PS if you need any help with the car give us a shout!
Old 08 March 2006, 04:34 AM
Dr.P
Scooby Regular

Is there no way you could do both? You say that there is going to be no further cost to yourself's with the re-build of the rally car so surely you can both go with the dreams you've got, ie you can surport him with his passion and at the same time you can get the scooby that you have set your heart on because you would only regret it if you don't!!
Just think whilst your watching him doing his thing you will have your nice scooby waiting to take him home at the end of the day, plus you know you will both be happy plus giving your full backing.
So in a knut shell i'd said do both if possible get the best of both worlds while your young enough to enjoy life you in your new scobby and your fella in his rally car sorted, it's ok asking us but i'm sure you'll make the right decsion good luck
Old 08 March 2006, 03:13 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Default Serious post based on personnal experiance

Tell him to go rallying again mate, when i had my near fatal Bike crash i swore for the first year i'd never ever ride a bike again. The second year i waivered and for the last 3.5 yrs or so i pine to be back on a bike but due to the physical condition of my knee ie can't bend it enough to ride a sport bike, its not a viable option, and it gets to me when i hear bikes screaming around in the summer because i'm not, if i could i'd be bike racing now. If he stops now he will pine for the rallying and lets be realistic you he or anyone of use could get ran over tommorow or be diagnosed with a terminal illness. Atleast with motorsport medical help is instantly on hand, if you crash on a back road it's not.
Old 08 March 2006, 03:45 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
Crickey, what a week it's been for you guys jak. First off, there's the absolutely gutting feeling ant must have felt, seeing you airlifted off to hospital with possible spinal injuries, then the realisation that his lifes dream has come to an end, then to top it off, the flame of hope in yourself that you can finally get the scooby you've always dreamed of owning.
A whole mix of emotions, hopes, fears and dreams in a few days.
And to add the cherry to the cake of life, the spark that ant may indeed race again is rekindled.
What to do? Only you two can decide that course. And asking for advice of us bunch is probably not a good idea In the end though, it comes down to what the chief says: Life is for living, and you don't get a second chance at it. Grab every oppurtunity you get with both hands, and don't let go. Thrash out between yourself and ant how your new situation is going to work. Lay down the ground rules now, with leeway to change things in the future if need be. Tell him clearly and with no doubt what you feel about your side of any arrangments made, and most importantly, listen to his side too.

In the end, you've only got each other, and no piece of metal should come between you, even if it was a spec c in white

All the best with whatever decision you guys make, and see you soon,

chris.
bloodY hell chris do you watch jerry springer? that sounds just like one of his "final thoughts" GO CHIS GO CHRIS GO CHRIS GO CHRIS
Old 08 March 2006, 03:49 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
bloodY hell chris do you watch jerry springer? that sounds just like one of his "final thoughts" GO CHIS GO CHRIS GO CHRIS GO CHRIS
I'm available for Bar Mitzvahs and weddings, good rates Discount to Smacs members